Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Fleet Vehicle History

Go North East: Fleet Vehicle History

Go North East: Fleet Vehicle History

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (12) Previous 110 11 12 Next
Andreos1

06 Apr 2015, 12:26 pm #201
(06 Apr 2015, 12:18 pm)G-CPTN Only that it suggests that the original vehicle to which it was issued in 1959 might have been a 'Northern' one.

At some stage, decisions must have been made to retain that plate number, either because the vehicle remained in the fleet (possibly as trainer or recovery vehicle) and then retained for periodic use by newer vehicles.

Does GNE have a 'historian'?

I wasn't aware that 'Voyager' was a GNE / Northern brand.

No idea about the historian, but they did do the 'throwback Thursday' for a short period, so I assume someone takes an interest in that sort of thing.

Aye, think it was sold off at some point in the mid 90's. My vague recollection, suggests it may have gone following the Durham Road bus war with Classic.

Here are some annual reports from the time.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http://www.go-ahead.com/~/media/Files/G/Go-Ahead/ir/presentations/archive_pres/1995pres/ar1995.pdf&sa=U&ei=JHsiVfaGB4_OaMvrgtAN&ved=0CA4QFjAB&usg=AFQjCNEyCG-ciSC0E1DGlFfdgHM0secnjQ
http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http://www.go-ahead.com/~/media/Files/G/Go-Ahead/ir/presentations/archive_pres/1994pres/ar1994.pdf&sa=U&ei=JHsiVfaGB4_OaMvrgtAN&ved=0CBEQFjAC&usg=AFQjCNGFZA6hFQxPZ0gLA1fKMA9qEn6Vjg

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
06 Apr 2015, 12:26 pm #201

(06 Apr 2015, 12:18 pm)G-CPTN Only that it suggests that the original vehicle to which it was issued in 1959 might have been a 'Northern' one.

At some stage, decisions must have been made to retain that plate number, either because the vehicle remained in the fleet (possibly as trainer or recovery vehicle) and then retained for periodic use by newer vehicles.

Does GNE have a 'historian'?

I wasn't aware that 'Voyager' was a GNE / Northern brand.

No idea about the historian, but they did do the 'throwback Thursday' for a short period, so I assume someone takes an interest in that sort of thing.

Aye, think it was sold off at some point in the mid 90's. My vague recollection, suggests it may have gone following the Durham Road bus war with Classic.

Here are some annual reports from the time.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http://www.go-ahead.com/~/media/Files/G/Go-Ahead/ir/presentations/archive_pres/1995pres/ar1995.pdf&sa=U&ei=JHsiVfaGB4_OaMvrgtAN&ved=0CA4QFjAB&usg=AFQjCNEyCG-ciSC0E1DGlFfdgHM0secnjQ
http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http://www.go-ahead.com/~/media/Files/G/Go-Ahead/ir/presentations/archive_pres/1994pres/ar1994.pdf&sa=U&ei=JHsiVfaGB4_OaMvrgtAN&ved=0CBEQFjAC&usg=AFQjCNGFZA6hFQxPZ0gLA1fKMA9qEn6Vjg

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Malarkey

02 Aug 2015, 7:22 pm #202
Just been organising my Photos on Flickr into Vehicle Type Folders and came across the following photo.

5232 on the 96 - At the time irrc 5229-5333 spent a brief period on loan to Sunderland Road & Chester le Street Depot after the withdrawal of the OK1, before they were Repainted/Refurbished for the X84/X85, this hasnt been noted on the Vehicle History on the NEB Fleet List. 
https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...359981554/
Malarkey
02 Aug 2015, 7:22 pm #202

Just been organising my Photos on Flickr into Vehicle Type Folders and came across the following photo.

5232 on the 96 - At the time irrc 5229-5333 spent a brief period on loan to Sunderland Road & Chester le Street Depot after the withdrawal of the OK1, before they were Repainted/Refurbished for the X84/X85, this hasnt been noted on the Vehicle History on the NEB Fleet List. 

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Aug 2015, 7:27 pm #203
(02 Aug 2015, 7:22 pm)Malarkey Just been organising my Photos on Flickr into Vehicle Type Folders and came across the following photo.

They weren't loaned to Sunderland Road - this working would have been Chester-le-Street's afternoon journey. But yes, those that hadn't already gone for repaint spent a few days in service at Chester-le-Street.

The allocation is pretty fluid between Chester-le-Street and Crook (like Deptford and Peterlee), so these "loans" aren't noted.

We are currently working on a new system for the history archives. Stay tuned for more info...
Dan
02 Aug 2015, 7:27 pm #203

(02 Aug 2015, 7:22 pm)Malarkey Just been organising my Photos on Flickr into Vehicle Type Folders and came across the following photo.

They weren't loaned to Sunderland Road - this working would have been Chester-le-Street's afternoon journey. But yes, those that hadn't already gone for repaint spent a few days in service at Chester-le-Street.

The allocation is pretty fluid between Chester-le-Street and Crook (like Deptford and Peterlee), so these "loans" aren't noted.

We are currently working on a new system for the history archives. Stay tuned for more info...

Dan

Site Administrator

17 Sep 2015, 4:06 pm #204
(02 Aug 2015, 7:27 pm)Dan We are currently working on a new system for the history archives. Stay tuned for more info...

The thread that I was using to discuss progress on the new system has gone AWOL, so I'll use this thread instead..!

Most of the work which goes on 'behind the scenes' to make this system work is now complete, and I am now in a position to update the fleet lists again. As with the original fleet history section we had, Go North East's fleet list will be the guinea pig, and if it works, it'll be rolled out universally.

I have to go through all of the old history sections one by one and put them into the new format, which I am currently in the process of doing. My plan at the moment is to work on newest in the fleet to the oldest. As you can see here, there's a few issues we need to stamp out (the two notes for April are in the wrong order as the date for both is 01/04/2015 - but I can't edit this yet), and the styling of each fleet vehicle record is yet to be sorted out. The large photo on each fleet record will now link back to the original photo on Flickr, and everything is in place to allow each history item to have a photograph attached to it too. The Wi-Fi / Next Stop / Power Socket icons will be white too.

Next on the agenda will be to hook it up to the news page, but Liam only really has time to work on this system on Sundays, so may take a few more weeks yet.
Dan
17 Sep 2015, 4:06 pm #204

(02 Aug 2015, 7:27 pm)Dan We are currently working on a new system for the history archives. Stay tuned for more info...

The thread that I was using to discuss progress on the new system has gone AWOL, so I'll use this thread instead..!

Most of the work which goes on 'behind the scenes' to make this system work is now complete, and I am now in a position to update the fleet lists again. As with the original fleet history section we had, Go North East's fleet list will be the guinea pig, and if it works, it'll be rolled out universally.

I have to go through all of the old history sections one by one and put them into the new format, which I am currently in the process of doing. My plan at the moment is to work on newest in the fleet to the oldest. As you can see here, there's a few issues we need to stamp out (the two notes for April are in the wrong order as the date for both is 01/04/2015 - but I can't edit this yet), and the styling of each fleet vehicle record is yet to be sorted out. The large photo on each fleet record will now link back to the original photo on Flickr, and everything is in place to allow each history item to have a photograph attached to it too. The Wi-Fi / Next Stop / Power Socket icons will be white too.

Next on the agenda will be to hook it up to the news page, but Liam only really has time to work on this system on Sundays, so may take a few more weeks yet.

17 Sep 2015, 4:11 pm #205
Looks nice and modern Dan, great work Smile
omnicity4659
17 Sep 2015, 4:11 pm #205

Looks nice and modern Dan, great work Smile

Michael

17 Sep 2015, 4:11 pm #206
Making good progress on it Dan.

I know its in its early stages for fleet history being added but will the writing be made bigger?
Edited 17 Sep 2015, 4:11 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
17 Sep 2015, 4:11 pm #206

Making good progress on it Dan.

I know its in its early stages for fleet history being added but will the writing be made bigger?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

17 Sep 2015, 4:13 pm #207
(17 Sep 2015, 4:11 pm)Michael Making good progress on it Dan.

Yes - the final product will look a lot different to what you can see on the page for 5419 at the moment. At present, it merely demonstrates the system is operational... Tongue

My idea for the news page was that it would have a similar feel to your Facebook timeline, and we'll probably use this for the fleet history section on the fleet lists too for standardisation between the different features.
Dan
17 Sep 2015, 4:13 pm #207

(17 Sep 2015, 4:11 pm)Michael Making good progress on it Dan.

Yes - the final product will look a lot different to what you can see on the page for 5419 at the moment. At present, it merely demonstrates the system is operational... Tongue

My idea for the news page was that it would have a similar feel to your Facebook timeline, and we'll probably use this for the fleet history section on the fleet lists too for standardisation between the different features.

17 Sep 2015, 4:18 pm #208
(17 Sep 2015, 4:13 pm)Dan My idea for the news page was that it would have a similar feel to your Facebook timeline, and we'll probably use this for the fleet history section on the fleet lists too for standardisation between the different features.

I actually hope it's not going to be like the Facebook timeline... I've still got Arriva's post about the Tour of Britain showing on mine..!  Big Grin I know what you mean though.
omnicity4659
17 Sep 2015, 4:18 pm #208

(17 Sep 2015, 4:13 pm)Dan My idea for the news page was that it would have a similar feel to your Facebook timeline, and we'll probably use this for the fleet history section on the fleet lists too for standardisation between the different features.

I actually hope it's not going to be like the Facebook timeline... I've still got Arriva's post about the Tour of Britain showing on mine..!  Big Grin I know what you mean though.

Michael

17 Sep 2015, 4:19 pm #209
(17 Sep 2015, 4:13 pm)Dan Yes - the final product will look a lot different to what you can see on the page for 5419 at the moment. At present, it merely demonstrates the system is operational... Tongue

Alright, sounds good, least its operational!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
17 Sep 2015, 4:19 pm #209

(17 Sep 2015, 4:13 pm)Dan Yes - the final product will look a lot different to what you can see on the page for 5419 at the moment. At present, it merely demonstrates the system is operational... Tongue

Alright, sounds good, least its operational!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

17 Sep 2015, 4:30 pm #210
(17 Sep 2015, 4:18 pm)GX03 SVC I actually hope it's not going to be like the Facebook timeline... I've still got Arriva's post about the Tour of Britain showing on mine..!  Big Grin I know what you mean though.

Not the News Feed... I mean your timeline (profile).

I think the history function on your timeline looks quite tidy and works quite well. When you click a year, it'll open up all of the months and then drag you down to the most recent item in that year, and will jump down to the most recent item by month too.

On our news feed, you'd probably want the option to filter by operator first (but you could just leave this as 'all'), then go through the process to filter down by year/month.

.png
fb.png
Size 4.23 KB / Downloads 20
Dan
17 Sep 2015, 4:30 pm #210

(17 Sep 2015, 4:18 pm)GX03 SVC I actually hope it's not going to be like the Facebook timeline... I've still got Arriva's post about the Tour of Britain showing on mine..!  Big Grin I know what you mean though.

Not the News Feed... I mean your timeline (profile).

I think the history function on your timeline looks quite tidy and works quite well. When you click a year, it'll open up all of the months and then drag you down to the most recent item in that year, and will jump down to the most recent item by month too.

On our news feed, you'd probably want the option to filter by operator first (but you could just leave this as 'all'), then go through the process to filter down by year/month.

.png
fb.png
Size 4.23 KB / Downloads 20

Michael

17 Sep 2015, 4:32 pm #211
(17 Sep 2015, 4:30 pm)Dan Not the News Feed... I mean your timeline (profile).

It can also be annoying when it decides it doesn't want to go straight to 2014 for example! 

I think the news will work good like that, if it doesn't have the above issue.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
17 Sep 2015, 4:32 pm #211

(17 Sep 2015, 4:30 pm)Dan Not the News Feed... I mean your timeline (profile).

It can also be annoying when it decides it doesn't want to go straight to 2014 for example! 

I think the news will work good like that, if it doesn't have the above issue.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Josh

14 Nov 2015, 3:55 pm #212
Does anyone know what happened to the blue and red style of buses that GNE had?  
[Image: Go_North_East_bus_8269_VDL_SB120_Wrightb...y_2009.JPG]
Josh
14 Nov 2015, 3:55 pm #212

Does anyone know what happened to the blue and red style of buses that GNE had?  

14 Nov 2015, 3:55 pm #213
(14 Nov 2015, 3:55 pm)digital_devilz Does anyone know what happened to the blue and red style of buses that GNE had?  
It it was phased out
NK53 TKT
14 Nov 2015, 3:55 pm #213

(14 Nov 2015, 3:55 pm)digital_devilz Does anyone know what happened to the blue and red style of buses that GNE had?  
It it was phased out

14 Nov 2015, 4:01 pm #214

The demise of that livery began when the branding of routes was started. The last vehicle to wear that coat was 8289, and it was removed in late 2012 in favour of the ''Northern'' livery.
R852 PRG
14 Nov 2015, 4:01 pm #214

The demise of that livery began when the branding of routes was started. The last vehicle to wear that coat was 8289, and it was removed in late 2012 in favour of the ''Northern'' livery.

Dan

Site Administrator

28 Dec 2015, 9:11 pm #215
(27 Dec 2015, 7:45 pm)Dan Liam has already expressed interest to me in changing the homepage - it will probably be done after the news page is completed, as we're juggling about 50 balls at the moment and I'm not keen on the slow development of a new feature.

I'm still adding fleet archive content to the new integrated fleet list/news system, so you will continue to see the months on the left hand side of the news page increase (and in time you'll be able to filter the news by month). By the time I finish Go North East's fleet information and add the other two, there should be very few gaps from month to month.

By way of an update...

Haven't been feeling too good today, so didn't end up going out for photos today or out with my mates tonight, meaning I've had ample time to work on this today. I'm working my way backwards, like I did originally, from the newest vehicles in the fleet to the oldest. I'm now up to 2007, and have completed all of the Scania OmniCitys (so 5275-83 are the only vehicles that remain in this batch). There was quite a few minor errors with what I had on the history of these vehicles before, and these have all now been amended.

Most of what I've done up to now has just been general by month, with no photographs attached to that news story, such as the vehicle below:
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/gnefle...eetno=8313

With the Scania OmniCitys (5250 up over), providing I have an exact date of something happening, I've separated the news story with an individual photograph so that it's more accurate. You can see what I mean by this below - there's a photograph of that vehicle in April 2009 undergoing the application of branding:
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/gnefle...eetno=5264

I intend to go back over the newer stuff at a later date, as it'll be much easier to get specific dates for these, but for now the main objective is to restore all of the fleet archive information that was on before the new system was brought in. I doubt I'll be able to work on this much tomorrow, unless I'm still feeling rough, as it looks like it's going to be sunny and I'm out on the night. Will keep you all posted on progress, though!
Dan
28 Dec 2015, 9:11 pm #215

(27 Dec 2015, 7:45 pm)Dan Liam has already expressed interest to me in changing the homepage - it will probably be done after the news page is completed, as we're juggling about 50 balls at the moment and I'm not keen on the slow development of a new feature.

I'm still adding fleet archive content to the new integrated fleet list/news system, so you will continue to see the months on the left hand side of the news page increase (and in time you'll be able to filter the news by month). By the time I finish Go North East's fleet information and add the other two, there should be very few gaps from month to month.

By way of an update...

Haven't been feeling too good today, so didn't end up going out for photos today or out with my mates tonight, meaning I've had ample time to work on this today. I'm working my way backwards, like I did originally, from the newest vehicles in the fleet to the oldest. I'm now up to 2007, and have completed all of the Scania OmniCitys (so 5275-83 are the only vehicles that remain in this batch). There was quite a few minor errors with what I had on the history of these vehicles before, and these have all now been amended.

Most of what I've done up to now has just been general by month, with no photographs attached to that news story, such as the vehicle below:

With the Scania OmniCitys (5250 up over), providing I have an exact date of something happening, I've separated the news story with an individual photograph so that it's more accurate. You can see what I mean by this below - there's a photograph of that vehicle in April 2009 undergoing the application of branding:

I intend to go back over the newer stuff at a later date, as it'll be much easier to get specific dates for these, but for now the main objective is to restore all of the fleet archive information that was on before the new system was brought in. I doubt I'll be able to work on this much tomorrow, unless I'm still feeling rough, as it looks like it's going to be sunny and I'm out on the night. Will keep you all posted on progress, though!

28 Dec 2015, 9:21 pm #216
Hi Dan,
Great progress on the fleet lists! Can I suggest that years are referred as '2015' not '15', as I thought that quite a lot of movements were happening on the 15th of every month! Tongue
omnicity4659
28 Dec 2015, 9:21 pm #216

Hi Dan,
Great progress on the fleet lists! Can I suggest that years are referred as '2015' not '15', as I thought that quite a lot of movements were happening on the 15th of every month! Tongue

S813 FVK

28 Dec 2015, 9:25 pm #217
But dates are usually written DD/MM/YY? Unless you're American, of course where it would be like you wish to avoid.
S813 FVK
28 Dec 2015, 9:25 pm #217

But dates are usually written DD/MM/YY? Unless you're American, of course where it would be like you wish to avoid.

28 Dec 2015, 9:28 pm #218
(28 Dec 2015, 9:25 pm)S813 FVK But dates are usually written DD/MM/YY? Unless you're American, of course where it would be like you wish to avoid.

But everywhere you see "IN CINEMAS DECEMBER 15" or something. I would have no problems if it was '15 though.
omnicity4659
28 Dec 2015, 9:28 pm #218

(28 Dec 2015, 9:25 pm)S813 FVK But dates are usually written DD/MM/YY? Unless you're American, of course where it would be like you wish to avoid.

But everywhere you see "IN CINEMAS DECEMBER 15" or something. I would have no problems if it was '15 though.

DanPicken

Banned

28 Dec 2015, 10:05 pm #219
(28 Dec 2015, 9:11 pm)Dan By way of an update...

I'll go through and proof read it as last time there was a few mistakes/typo's.
DanPicken
28 Dec 2015, 10:05 pm #219

(28 Dec 2015, 9:11 pm)Dan By way of an update...

I'll go through and proof read it as last time there was a few mistakes/typo's.

Dan

Site Administrator

03 Jan 2016, 11:27 am #220
(28 Dec 2015, 9:11 pm)Dan Haven't been feeling too good today, so didn't end up going out for photos today or out with my mates tonight, meaning I've had ample time to work on this today. I'm working my way backwards, like I did originally, from the newest vehicles in the fleet to the oldest. I'm now up to 2007, and have completed all of the Scania OmniCitys (so 5275-83 are the only vehicles that remain in this batch). There was quite a few minor errors with what I had on the history of these vehicles before, and these have all now been amended.

Mercedes Citaros 5275-83 have now been updated, with further amendments now that I have a bit more information at hand. I've also updated 3962 and 3965 - no massive amendments on these two, but extra details have been added that weren't there before.

I also spent some time yesterday adding past demonstration vehicles to our 'fleet archive':
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/gnefleetarchive.php

I'll continue to add the demonstration vehicles over the next few weeks - details on fleet numbers weren't always given on GNE's Fleet Archive, so I'll have to do some digging myself. Hopefully of some assistance, anyhow!

The months/years along the left-hand side of the news page are really getting quite packed out now, so I'll ask Liam if he can start to get it working rather than just sitting there looking pretty!
Dan
03 Jan 2016, 11:27 am #220

(28 Dec 2015, 9:11 pm)Dan Haven't been feeling too good today, so didn't end up going out for photos today or out with my mates tonight, meaning I've had ample time to work on this today. I'm working my way backwards, like I did originally, from the newest vehicles in the fleet to the oldest. I'm now up to 2007, and have completed all of the Scania OmniCitys (so 5275-83 are the only vehicles that remain in this batch). There was quite a few minor errors with what I had on the history of these vehicles before, and these have all now been amended.

Mercedes Citaros 5275-83 have now been updated, with further amendments now that I have a bit more information at hand. I've also updated 3962 and 3965 - no massive amendments on these two, but extra details have been added that weren't there before.

I also spent some time yesterday adding past demonstration vehicles to our 'fleet archive':
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/gnefleetarchive.php

I'll continue to add the demonstration vehicles over the next few weeks - details on fleet numbers weren't always given on GNE's Fleet Archive, so I'll have to do some digging myself. Hopefully of some assistance, anyhow!

The months/years along the left-hand side of the news page are really getting quite packed out now, so I'll ask Liam if he can start to get it working rather than just sitting there looking pretty!

Pages (12) Previous 110 11 12 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average