Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Presenting...the ALL-NEW Alexander Dennis Enviro400

Presenting...the ALL-NEW Alexander Dennis Enviro400

Presenting...the ALL-NEW Alexander Dennis Enviro400

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3
Poll: Opinion on the new style Enviro400
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

Prefer the new style to the old style
68.75%
Votes 22
Prefer the old style to the new style
18.75%
Votes 6
No prefence over style
12.50%
Votes 4

Total 32 vote(s) 100%
Dan

Site Administrator

17 Jun 2014, 8:02 am #41
(17 Jun 2014, 8:01 am)Scott Just a little to add...
Stagecoach have always bought Alexander buses pretty much from day 1. Sir Brian Souter the founder and chairman of Stagecoach actually owns part of Alexander Dennis (about 40% as far as I know).

Yes, we've discussed that before somewhere on the forum and the massive 'discounts' that Stagecoach get on ADL products as a result (although I think the use of the word 'discounts' was disputed).
Dan
17 Jun 2014, 8:02 am #41

(17 Jun 2014, 8:01 am)Scott Just a little to add...
Stagecoach have always bought Alexander buses pretty much from day 1. Sir Brian Souter the founder and chairman of Stagecoach actually owns part of Alexander Dennis (about 40% as far as I know).

Yes, we've discussed that before somewhere on the forum and the massive 'discounts' that Stagecoach get on ADL products as a result (although I think the use of the word 'discounts' was disputed).

L469 YVK

23 Jun 2014, 2:45 am #42
With ADL building the MMC, I'm actually quite confident that with the amount of thought that they've put into it, that the 6.7 Cummins unit will cope with anything upto mid range interurban work (TEN, Red Arrows, Blyth and
Ashington express buses) as long as it's well looked after. But, for the endurance market, it would be nice for ADL to offer a Volvo chassis with the D8K engine. It would certainly boost the popularity even more.
L469 YVK
23 Jun 2014, 2:45 am #42

With ADL building the MMC, I'm actually quite confident that with the amount of thought that they've put into it, that the 6.7 Cummins unit will cope with anything upto mid range interurban work (TEN, Red Arrows, Blyth and
Ashington express buses) as long as it's well looked after. But, for the endurance market, it would be nice for ADL to offer a Volvo chassis with the D8K engine. It would certainly boost the popularity even more.

G-CPTN

02 Dec 2014, 11:18 pm #43
I don't know whether folk have seen this:- http://www.route-one.net/vehicles/adl-en...-industry/
G-CPTN
02 Dec 2014, 11:18 pm #43

I don't know whether folk have seen this:- http://www.route-one.net/vehicles/adl-en...-industry/

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average