North East Buses

Full Version: GNE Service X21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Guten Tag,

I've created this thread to discuss the problems that come with the Pronto X21 between Bishop and Newcastle. Obviously with the amount of branded vehicles that are VOR - the service is in need of new vehicles, which may come this year as people are predicting.

To start, what would be the most suitable vehicle type to replace the Presidents? Obviously, as most of us know with the TTX, a few vehicles are just unable to cope with going up and down the motorway.

Also, I would just like to point out, a lot of the VOR vehicles end up on Scholars at my school as a result of being on maintenance so much at Chester. It's typically at least once a day, in the morning and/or afternoon.
(17 Jun 2014, 4:09 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]Guten Tag,

I've created this thread to discuss the problems that come with the Pronto X21 between Bishop and Newcastle. Obviously with the amount of branded vehicles that are VOR - the service is in need of new vehicles, which may come this year as people are predicting.

To start, what would be the most suitable vehicle type to replace the Presidents? Obviously, as most of us know with the TTX, a few vehicles are just unable to cope with going up and down the motorway.

Also, I would just like to point out, a lot of the VOR vehicles end up on Scholars at my school as a result of being on maintenance so much at Chester. It's typically at least once a day, in the morning and/or afternoon.

Would buon pomeriggio be more appropriate? Tongue
(17 Jun 2014, 4:52 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Would buon pomeriggio be more appropriate? Tongue

Isn't 'buon pomeriggio' good afternoon?

What if someone reads it in the morning! Tongue
(17 Jun 2014, 4:58 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]Isn't 'buon pomeriggio' good afternoon?

What if someone reads it in the morning! Tongue

Guten Tag is German though!
ciao would be more appropriate then.
I'd suggest just killing the Pronto brand off until it's afforded investment. The B7s cope for what's a bit of a killer route, but it may be useful alternating them around a bit to give them a longer life.
(17 Jun 2014, 5:04 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I'd suggest just killing the Pronto brand off until it's afforded investment. The B7s cope for what's a bit of a killer route, but it may be useful alternating them around a bit to give them a longer life.

Agree. Despite lots of rumors about what will become of the Pronto, I still believe the Red Arrows will receive some kind of treatment this year or if not, next, in which case it will allow their B9's to be cascaded onto a couple of other services - my guess being the Pronto and the Prince Bishops. I know B9s are much more powerful than the B5 engine (I'm not much of an engine whizz - but I reckon both the X21 and X9/X10 need a vehicle that will put up a fight horsepower-wise Wink), but do you think the B9 would cope on the X21?
(17 Jun 2014, 7:36 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]Agree. Despite lots of rumors about what will become of the Pronto, I still believe the Red Arrows will receive some kind of treatment this year or if not, next, in which case it will allow their B9's to be cascaded onto a couple of other services - my guess being the Pronto and the Prince Bishops. I know B9s are much more powerful than the B5 engine (I'm not much of an engine whizz - but I reckon both the X21 and X9/X10 need a vehicle that will put up a fight horsepower-wise Wink), but do you think the B9 would cope on the X21?

I think the real question we ought to be asking is if a B5TL would cope on the "Pronto"... The B9TL should manage it no bother.
(17 Jun 2014, 7:47 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I think the real question we ought to be asking is if a B5TL would cope on the "Pronto"... The B9TL should manage it no bother.

The B5 would just crash and burn within a week.....

I agree, the B9 should be able to manage a route that isn't centrally focused on the motorway, but does have a pretty demanding route. I also find that the seating layout on the Presidents is quite unhelpful, considering you MUST find a seat before the bus pulls onto the motorway.
(17 Jun 2014, 7:51 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]The B5 would just crash and burn within a week.....

I agree, the B9 should be able to manage a route that isn't centrally focused on the motorway, but does have a pretty demanding route. I also find that the seating layout on the Presidents is quite unhelpful, considering you MUST find a seat before the bus pulls onto the motorway.
Would be good if Go North East had a way of finding out whether the B5TL would cope on the X21, wouldn't it..? Oh wait, that's right... They do!
(17 Jun 2014, 7:53 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Would be good if Go North East had a way of finding out whether the B5TL would cope on the X21, wouldn't it..? Oh wait, that's right... They do!

Do you mean when Chester take over the X21 runs from Crook in the late evening? I've never really heard anything about a B5 breaking down on an evening run.
(17 Jun 2014, 7:58 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]Do you mean when Chester take over the X21 runs from Crook in the late evening? I've never really heard anything about a B5 breaking down on an evening run.

Perhaps after climbing the slip road off the a167 up towards Washington services and heading up the Bowes Incline southbound several times a day - you will hear one or two mentions of a breakdown Wink
(17 Jun 2014, 7:58 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]Do you mean when Chester take over the X21 runs from Crook in the late evening? I've never really heard anything about a B5 breaking down on an evening run.

(16 Jun 2014, 12:01 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]GNE have posted on facebook that they have a volvo B5TL on an evaluation trail.

I think Dan was hinting at this Wink
(17 Jun 2014, 8:10 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]I think Dan was hinting at this Wink

Maybe but i did post else where that the X21 could get new buses.
(17 Jun 2014, 7:51 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]The B5 would just crash and burn within a week.....

I also find that the seating layout on the Presidents is quite unhelpful, considering you MUST find a seat before the bus pulls onto the motorway.

The seating layout on them Presidents are terrible, a wheelchair user struggled to get into the wheelchair space on the X22 yesterday.

Also there's not many seats downstairs so many times elderly people have to attempt to climb the stairs just to sit down, on one occasion passengers were standing upstairs which was annoying when I wanted to get off at Gateshead.
(17 Jun 2014, 8:16 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]The seating layout on them Presidents are terrible, a wheelchair user struggled to get into the wheelchair space on the X22 yesterday.

Also there's not many seats downstairs so many times elderly people have to attempt to climb the stairs just to sit down, on one occasion passengers were standing upstairs which was annoying when I wanted to get off at Gateshead.

Yeah - their terrible. They are nice buses in my opinion - but finding a seat is a mission!
(17 Jun 2014, 8:19 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]Yeah - their terrible. They are nice buses in my opinion - but finding a seat is a mission!

I don't like the Pronto Presidents, I just find them slow, there often can be rattles from the front upstairs, I once had one on a boiling hot day and it was horrifically hot and the window wouldn't stay open.

Still at least you get from Durham to Newcastle about 20 minutes faster the 21!
I think Go North East need to change that picture of the Pronto President on this page Big Grin

http://www.simplygo.com/all-services/pronto
(17 Jun 2014, 8:40 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I think Go North East need to change that picture of the Pronto President on this page Big Grin

http://www.simplygo.com/all-services/pronto

It's looks like some kind of American Tri-Axle!
(17 Jun 2014, 8:48 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]It's looks like some kind of American Tri-Axle!

Think he was talking about the branding, it actually looks like a president Tongue
Look at the numbers next to the Pronto logo on both sides and you'll see why it needs updating.
Pages: 1 2