North East Buses

Full Version: On The Yorkshire Buses (Channel 5)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I had my mam round this morning, and she said that she saw an advert on the Tv last night about a series on tv going to start soon, but don't know the date. I did an internet search but only came up saying it will be on spring 2014 8 episodes 60 minutes long and it looks like on channel 5: The series has the working title, ‘On the Buses’ and will feature the staff of East Yorkshire Motor Services (EYMS) as they go about their work during through the busy summer of 2013. The series will feature the general operations of the company from top to bottom; with crews filming behind the scenes in the board room and the control room, the canteens, the bus terminals and out on the buses - featuring a characterful cast of drivers and of course their passengers.

The series will offer a real insight into what it’s like to be a bus driver, the pressures they have to work under and how they keep themselves smiling.

It will be Series Produced by Rob Rawlings and Executive Produced by Spencer Kelly for The Garden and Tony Moulsdale and Melanie Darlaston for GroupM Entertainment.

The programme was commisioned by Emma Westcott, Commisioning Editor Channel 5 Head of Programmes at The Garden

David Wise said, “We’re thrilled to be making our first series for Channel 5, to work with GroupM Entertainment and with East Yorkshire Motor Service’s warm and welcoming team”. The series is scheduled for broadcast in early 2014.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull-driv...story.html dated august 2013 for spring 2014 showing.

Does anybody know when this series will be getting aired on TV.
(30 Jun 2014, 3:54 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]I had my mam round this morning, and she said that she saw an advert on the Tv last night about a series on tv going to start soon, but don't know the date. I did an internet search but only came up saying it will be on spring 2014 8 episodes 60 minutes long and it looks like on channel 5: The series has the working title, ‘On the Buses’ and will feature the staff of East Yorkshire Motor Services (EYMS) as they go about their work during through the busy summer of 2013. The series will feature the general operations of the company from top to bottom; with crews filming behind the scenes in the board room and the control room, the canteens, the bus terminals and out on the buses - featuring a characterful cast of drivers and of course their passengers.

The series will offer a real insight into what it’s like to be a bus driver, the pressures they have to work under and how they keep themselves smiling.

It will be Series Produced by Rob Rawlings and Executive Produced by Spencer Kelly for The Garden and Tony Moulsdale and Melanie Darlaston for GroupM Entertainment.

The programme was commisioned by Emma Westcott, Commisioning Editor Channel 5 Head of Programmes at The Garden

David Wise said, “We’re thrilled to be making our first series for Channel 5, to work with GroupM Entertainment and with East Yorkshire Motor Service’s warm and welcoming team”. The series is scheduled for broadcast in early 2014.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull-driv...story.html dated august 2013 for spring 2014 showing.

Does anybody know when this series will be getting aired on TV.

Starts on the 11th July Smile
(30 Jun 2014, 4:03 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Starts on the 11th July Smile

Thanks Tom.
I'm Channel 5 did something similar Last Year, but it was in London
(30 Jun 2014, 4:17 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I'm Channel 5 did something similar Last Year, but it was in London

Channel 4 aired something to do with London buses.
(30 Jun 2014, 4:20 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Channel 4 aired something to do with London buses.

This one was all about Routemasters;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b036btbw

I recall C4 did a one about a London Bus Driver who went to drive a local bus in one of the world's poorest cities.
(30 Jun 2014, 4:23 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]This one was all about Routemasters;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b036btbw

Yeah that's the one I was thinking of.
Will be interesting to see how/if they portray enthusiasts. I've not seen the route masters one, but I'm sure I could source a copy easy enough.
(30 Jun 2014, 4:41 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Will be interesting to see how/if they portray enthusiasts. I've not seen the route masters one, but I'm sure I could source a copy easy enough.

YouTube, perhaps? Tongue
(30 Jun 2014, 4:41 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Will be interesting to see how/if they portray enthusiasts. I've not seen the route masters one, but I'm sure I could source a copy easy enough.

If its anything like C5's other 'documentaries' - especially the Stobart thing, it'll be along the lines of

'THE 45 IS DUE AT THE MAIN BUS STATION IN 10 MINUTES BUT DRIVER DAVE HAS JUST HAD A PASSENGER WITH A £5 NOTE DELAYING THE JOURNEY AND THERE'S TRAFFIC LIGHTS ON THE NORTHAM ROAD....WILL DAVE GET TO HIS DESTINATION ON TIME?.....AD BREAK
(30 Jun 2014, 10:36 pm)gtom wrote [ -> ]If its anything like C5's other 'documentaries' - especially the Stobart thing, it'll be along the lines of

'THE 45 IS DUE AT THE MAIN BUS STATION IN 10 MINUTES BUT DRIVER DAVE HAS JUST HAD A PASSENGER WITH A £5 NOTE DELAYING THE JOURNEY AND THERE'S TRAFFIC LIGHTS ON THE NORTHAM ROAD....WILL DAVE GET TO HIS DESTINATION ON TIME?.....AD BREAK
Big Grin

Look at it this way. If it was Channel 4, they'd have to find a way of having a dig at those on benefits.
(30 Jun 2014, 10:36 pm)gtom wrote [ -> ]If its anything like C5's other 'documentaries' - especially the Stobart thing, it'll be along the lines of

Ad break finishes.
Things go no better for Driver Dave.
Bertha, one of his regulars is struggling to get off the bus with her trolly. The situation isn't helped by the kneeling mechanism on Dave's state of the art bus not working.
Long time enthusiast Colin is luckily in the position to help her make the jump.

Driver Dave has important guests waiting for him at the next stop and he needs a clear run to make up for lost time.
However, due to the wintery weather and sudden snowstorm, he is concerned.

Waiting for him at the next stop, is his wife and two kids.
They haven't seen him since this morning and have made the trek from their home around the corner.
Unlike Dave; Daphne and their two kids Dennis & Wright, aren't bothered about buses.
That doesn't bother Dave, who stops the vehicle to show it off to his beloved family by the side of the road.

"I love my family" says Dave 45. "I love my bus too. Daphne hasn't felt the same after the twins were conceived one night on the night bus".

*Cue infographic on the night bus, its route etc

The Routemasters on BBC2 was more a behind the scenes look at TfL and Centrecomm. It wasn't all purely buses, but definitely worth digging out.
(01 Jul 2014, 12:16 pm)Chris wrote [ -> ]The Routemasters on BBC2 was more a behind the scenes look at TfL and Centrecomm. It wasn't all purely buses, but definitely worth digging out.

Yeah, I'm sure they did a lot about how the way the massive control rooms work and life inside them Smile
Wonder if there will be any Animal Anderson likes on it.
(01 Jul 2014, 4:09 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]Wonder if there will be any Animal Anderson likes on it.

Never mind Animal Anderson, I want you on making your bus sounds!

You could be like that fella from the Police Academy films, who does the sound effects! Wink
(01 Jul 2014, 4:20 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Never mind Animal Anderson, I want you on making your bus sounds!

You could be like that fella from the Police Academy films, who does the sound effects! Wink

I don't do sound mate
"Come on, move yer bloody sel ovawise I'll miss mi game ov rise and binks!".
(01 Jul 2014, 4:20 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Never mind Animal Anderson, I want you on making your bus sounds!

LOL Larvelle Jones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8RaHB18ckM
(01 Jul 2014, 5:31 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]I don't do sound mate

You have treat us to at least two bus engine sounds AND an Arriva ticket machine over the last few weeks!

Don't tell us you are retiring?
Pages: 1 2