North East Buses

Full Version: Upcoming Forum Downtime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
There may be a few ups and downs tonight (or tomorrow, depending on when I do it) when we update our forum software from myBB 1.6 to myBB 1.8.

You can read up on some of the new features that this will allow us to have here.
I must note that this should allow us to have a 'Like' system again! Wink

So if you can't get on the forum - my fault - but I've been waiting on this public release for a few months now since the beta was released!
(09 Sep 2014, 6:48 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]There may be a few ups and downs tonight (or tomorrow, depending on when I do it) when we update our forum software from myBB 1.6 to myBB 1.8.

You can read up on some of the new features that this will allow us to have here.
I must note that this should allow us to have a 'Like' system again! Wink

So if you can't get on the forum - my fault - but I've been waiting on this public release for a few months now since the beta was released!

Why had the signuture moved to the top of the post?
(09 Sep 2014, 6:51 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Why had the signuture moved to the top of the post?

That was me fiddling with a few things.
Apologies for the way the forum is looking at the moment... Will be sorted out as soon as the upgrade is complete!
(09 Sep 2014, 7:40 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Apologies for the way the forum is looking at the moment... Will be sorted out as soon as the upgrade is complete!

The Like button has gone too.
(09 Sep 2014, 7:43 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]The Like button has gone too.

It should have only been on for about two minutes - this is the reason why your signature appeared at the top of your post.
Howay, what have you ballsed up this time? Wink
(09 Sep 2014, 7:46 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Howay, what have you ballsed up this time? Wink

Eee... nowt (yet!!)
If you have changed the format of the forum, its terrible...
It's because when we updated the software, all plugins were disabled. I need to go through and enable them all again for it to go back to the way it was before.

I can't do anything until about 5pm.
(12 Sep 2014, 11:56 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]It's because when we updated the software, all plugins were disabled. I need to go through and enable them all again for it to go back to the way it was before.

I can't do anything until about 5pm.

It better be ;p
(12 Sep 2014, 12:06 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]It better be ;p

Right - I shall go through it now. Fingers crossed everything works... Tongue
(12 Sep 2014, 3:57 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Right - I shall go through it now. Fingers crossed everything works... Tongue

It seems I'm having a few difficulties with getting it working, so I'm putting it back into Liam's hands for when he gets back from work tonight. Until he manages to fix it, you're stuck with an ugly-looking NEB!

#useless
#danbreakingNEB
#hashtagsoNEB
(12 Sep 2014, 5:16 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It seems I'm having a few difficulties with getting it working, so I'm putting it back into Liam's hands for when he gets back from work tonight. Until he manages to fix it, you're stuck with an ugly-looking NEB!

#useless
#danbreakingNEB
#hashtagsoNEB

Oh dear!
(12 Sep 2014, 5:17 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Oh dear!

Not to worry though - Liam thinks he knows what the issue is, so we're just waiting for him to get back from work.
He's on a late'un though, so mightn't get it done until tomorrow.
(12 Sep 2014, 5:16 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It seems I'm having a few difficulties with getting it working, so I'm putting it back into Liam's hands for when he gets back from work tonight. Until he manages to fix it, you're stuck with an ugly-looking NEB!

#useless
#danbreakingNEB
#hashtagsoNEB

#AlwaysHaveABackoutPlan
#ITGovernanceOnNEB

Tongue
(12 Sep 2014, 6:05 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]#AlwaysHaveABackoutPlan
#ITGovernanceOnNEB

Tongue

Both Liam and myself have got database backups (obviously), so if all else fails, we'll have to stick to myBB 1.6 and not have any jazzy new features that I'd been anticipating for a few months now.
(12 Sep 2014, 6:15 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Both Liam and myself have got database backups (obviously), so if all else fails, we'll have to stick to myBB 1.6 and not have any jazzy new features that I'd been anticipating for a few months now.

Bugger. Sad It'd be a shame to have to stay with 1.6.

I'm actually finding NEB rapid without everything enabled, despite the 90s Internet nostalgia. Smile
(12 Sep 2014, 7:29 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Bugger. Sad It'd be a shame to have to stay with 1.6.

I'm actually finding NEB rapid without everything enabled, despite the 90s Internet nostalgia. Smile

Indeed it would - especially given the extensive list of new and updated features in myBB 1.8 (including the frequently requested 'like' system!)

I can't say I've seen a difference in page loading times, mind.

I quite like the time feature now:
Upcoming Forum Downtime
Less than 1 minute ago
by Dan
Its doing that thing again, where certain threads won't open!
Pages: 1 2 3 4