North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(26 Jan 2014, 7:42 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Strange, considering the X10/X11 branding. Know if anything has gone the other way?

I don't suppose you've seen 4093 on your travels either have you? :p

7501 should now be at Blyth after work at Ashington.

As for 4093, it is officially now for disposal and I personally haven't seen it yet this year (although I've not been about in the Redcar operational area much).
(26 Jan 2014, 7:45 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]7501 should now be at Blyth after work at Ashington.

As for 4093, it is officially now for disposal and I personally haven't seen it yet this year (although I've not been about in the Redcar operational area much).

Cheers Smile
Heres a question for you all and no, nothing has been said of it whatsoever, it's a thought provoking question just to get some opinions. With the exception of services 14, X14, X15 and X18 being operated from Rothbury Motors depot, would it be beneficial for Blyth and Ashington to do a 'Riverside' and merge the two depots into 1 superdepot?
(25 Jan 2014, 1:59 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]7607 is the example due to move southbound for trial. As 7514-21 already have a future use, Blyth will likely end up getting back their original E400s from Whitby.

Sorry, may I ask what 7514-21 will be used in future?
(26 Jan 2014, 10:02 pm)bcal3119 wrote [ -> ]Sorry, may I ask what 7514-21 will be used in future?

They are set to be refurbished as part of the upgrade of the X21/X22, but that's as much as I can say, but a clue, they will sparkle Wink
(26 Jan 2014, 9:06 pm)Davey Bowyer wrote [ -> ]Heres a question for you all and no, nothing has been said of it whatsoever, it's a thought provoking question just to get some opinions. With the exception of services 14, X14, X15 and X18 being operated from Rothbury Motors depot, would it be beneficial for Blyth and Ashington to do a 'Riverside' and merge the two depots into 1 superdepot?

No, considering the new Ashington depot is due to open later this year anyway.
(26 Jan 2014, 10:06 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]They are set to be refurbished as part of the upgrade of the X21/X22, but that's as much as I can say, but a clue, they will sparkle Wink

Yes, but another 6 will be required though?
(26 Jan 2014, 10:16 pm)Davey Bowyer wrote [ -> ]Yes, but another 6 will be required though?
The rest of the PVR will be made up by brand new deckers are on order for the 'improvement', which are also said to be E400s.
E400's? They must be absolute bonkers! All the ISBE 6.7 litre engine is designed for is the typical 38, 39, 40, 62 and 63 run through Newcastle, not a 20 mile endurance route consisting of high speed dual carriageways and rural roads. Mind you though, there's nothing else much better around particularly since the B9TL was replaced by a smaller and less powerful and suited to purpose B5TL. The only way Arriva could pull off a successful and reliable series of route upgrades across Northumberland would be to negotiate 37 Gemini 3's with the B8TL engine for use on the X10, X11, X15, X18, X21 and X22.
(26 Jan 2014, 10:06 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]They are set to be refurbished as part of the upgrade of the X21/X22, but that's as much as I can say, but a clue, they will sparkle Wink

Is it irrational I'm hoping the sparkle will include a blue tint on the destination displays? Tongue
(27 Jan 2014, 12:12 am)Davey Bowyer wrote [ -> ]E400's? They must be absolute bonkers! All the ISBE 6.7 litre engine is designed for is the typical 38, 39, 40, 62 and 63 run through Newcastle, not a 20 mile endurance route consisting of high speed dual carriageways and rural roads. Mind you though, there's nothing else much better around particularly since the B9TL was replaced by a smaller and less powerful and suited to purpose B5TL. The only way Arriva could pull off a successful and reliable series of route upgrades across Northumberland would be to negotiate 37 Gemini 3's with the B8TL engine for use on the X10, X11, X15, X18, X21 and X22.

I've never known anyone to be so dead against E400s!! Tongue
(27 Jan 2014, 4:40 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]I've never known anyone to be so dead against E400s!! Tongue

I think they're good as a town and city bus and just that.
(27 Jan 2014, 12:12 am)Davey Bowyer wrote [ -> ]E400's? They must be absolute bonkers! All the ISBE 6.7 litre engine is designed for is the typical 38, 39, 40, 62 and 63 run through Newcastle, not a 20 mile endurance route consisting of high speed dual carriageways and rural roads. Mind you though, there's nothing else much better around particularly since the B9TL was replaced by a smaller and less powerful and suited to purpose B5TL. The only way Arriva could pull off a successful and reliable series of route upgrades across Northumberland would be to negotiate 37 Gemini 3's with the B8TL engine for use on the X10, X11, X15, X18, X21 and X22.

X18 is also getting new deckers this year, and guess what they are likely going to be - E400s Tongue. X15 is getting some 9 year old wheelchair-accessible VDL coaches from the Green Line fleet.
(27 Jan 2014, 4:39 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Is it irrational I'm hoping the sparkle will include a blue tint on the destination displays? Tongue

Unlikely, only been the Shires who have had that touch so far
(27 Jan 2014, 7:22 am)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]X18 is also getting new deckers this year, and guess what they are likely going to be - E400s Tongue. X15 is getting some 9 year old wheelchair-accessible VDL coaches from the Green Line fleet.

Nothing has been confirmed as yet for the X18, though there aren't many options obviously...
The move to Geminis for the X93 may see a change to some of the plans, who knows
(25 Jan 2014, 6:33 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Probably because there's no market there, and where there is one, the 15 covers it. The X1 stops at the very top anyway. You barely ever pick anyone up on a 21A or 6 and if you do it's because the 58s are running around in pairs or threes.

But the 58 doesnt run evenings/Sundays.
(26 Jan 2014, 8:35 am)VolvoMarkII wrote [ -> ]Yes why don't Arriva run all stops when the least demand is there, on Sundays and Evenings... Dodgy

I'm actually glad Arriva told you it is Stagecoach's job to provide the evening service, given that they are the commercial daytime operator, as that in my view is more than a reasonable response. Ian, you don't even live there so why are you bothered about the stopping arrangements at times when nobody is around anyway ? Or is it just your rejection of everything Arriva in general? I suspect the latter !

Even if they consider enough demand, at a bare minimum they would go all stops Mon-Sat daytime first ? The fact they don't, suggests that the 58 already caters for the majority and by stopping all stops on the X1 would simply delay the service rather than improve it.

BECAUSE evenings and Sundays there is less pressure on time, and as has been said the 58 runs during the daytime. Arriva also operate there during the daytime don't they. Oh yes, only just, because the rest of their services they have withdrawn over the years. And the fact I am bothered is because someone I know who lives in the area raised the matter so stick that where the sun don't shine.
(27 Jan 2014, 10:51 am)Roland Pratt wrote [ -> ]BECAUSE evenings and Sundays there is less pressure on time, and as has been said the 58 runs during the daytime. Arriva also operate there during the daytime don't they. Oh yes, only just, because the rest of their services they have withdrawn over the years. And the fact I am bothered is because someone I know who lives in the area raised the matter so stick that where the sun don't shine.
That's just the reaction I expected from you, given you don't like Arriva and unwilling to face facts. 1986 is long gone.
(27 Jan 2014, 10:51 am)Roland Pratt wrote [ -> ]BECAUSE evenings and Sundays there is less pressure on time, and as has been said the 58 runs during the daytime. Arriva also operate there during the daytime don't they. Oh yes, only just, because the rest of their services they have withdrawn over the years. And the fact I am bothered is because someone I know who lives in the area raised the matter so stick that where the sun don't shine.

We'll be down to an hourly service up Durham Road soon and if I got my way the 21A would run limited stop out of the town too as there's no need for it to call everywhere, but that's me. If you've ever been on a Sunday X1 you'd know they are tight for time and I do wonder how the Durham drivers seem to cope using their Geminis on a night, having said that they've had to re-time them on a night already.
I know why it could be E400's though. Arriva may've negotiated a deal with Alexander Dennis with regards to 7510, thus getting a heavipy discounted order.
(27 Jan 2014, 2:28 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]We'll be down to an hourly service up Durham Road soon and if I got my way the 21A would run limited stop out of the town too as there's no need for it to call everywhere, but that's me. If you've ever been on a Sunday X1 you'd know they are tight for time and I do wonder how the Durham drivers seem to cope using their Geminis on a night, having said that they've had to re-time them on a night already.

Which hourly service?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11