North East Buses

Full Version: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Just want to say that south shields just had two lost e200 and e300 over last the two year of new buses and I think it time stagecoach on teesside to get new on because there mans are 15 years old and thet need replaceing and that what I think in sundland are just send mans to stcokton to replace our bad conditons buses and only tepmraly
Cheers Glen123 I agree with that bit of Info. Regards Robin
(10 Mar 2014, 9:36 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]It's suggested that they will be replaced by darts from Slatyford when Stagecoach loose the 33 contract (Newcastle-Hollywood Avenue).

Can I point out - the 33 is at present a commercially operated service. Certain journeys are funded by Nexus. What is happening is that Stagecoach have reviewed the service and decided to withdraw the service as it isn't commercially viable anymore - as such Nexus have stepped in to retain the service.
22202 was involved in a coming together with Arriva Cadet 1914 in Middlesbrough this afternoon. While not badly damaged I wouldn't at all be surprised to see it withdrawn with fully serviceable replacements readily available.
(10 Mar 2014, 10:37 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]22202 was involved in a coming together with Arriva Cadet 1914 in Middlesbrough this afternoon. While not badly damaged I wouldn't at all be surprised to see it withdrawn with fully serviceable replacements readily available.

More on that story can be seen here. Hope all of the passengers, and especially the drivers are going to make a good and speedy recovery as the drivers had to be cut out of the bus by firefighters.
I was amazed to see a Olympian on the 52 today! Just a shame I had to pop to the shops from school otherwise I would have got on it, but it wasn't all bad I got on a E300 (the one that rattles between 0-5 MPH).

Also can I just say, I generally don't think the ALX300's are that bad in Stockton, yes their old and moan a bit but their still in good nick - and I'm not just talking about the 03/54 ones!
(10 Mar 2014, 10:03 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Can I point out - the 33 is at present a commercially operated service. Certain journeys are funded by Nexus. What is happening is that Stagecoach have reviewed the service and decided to withdraw the service as it isn't commercially viable anymore - as such Nexus have stepped in to retain the service.

So does that mean someone will run it on the behalf of Nexus,

I.e Arriva possibley, or is this yet to be determined.
(10 Mar 2014, 11:11 pm)Arcticrossy92 wrote [ -> ]So does that mean someone will run it on the behalf of Nexus,

I.e Arriva possibley, or is this yet to be determined.

Kingsleys are to operate the service.
(10 Mar 2014, 11:09 pm)benambro wrote [ -> ]I was amazed to see a Olympian on the 52 today! Just a shame I had to pop to the shops from school otherwise I would have got on it, but it wasn't all bad I got on a E300 (the one that rattles between 0-5 MPH).

Also can I just say, I generally don't think the ALX300's are that bad in Stockton, yes their old and moan a bit but their still in good nick - and I'm not just talking about the 03/54 ones!

That would be 24102 (which is still on there right now, on the last trip into Stockton).
(10 Mar 2014, 10:03 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Can I point out - the 33 is at present a commercially operated service. Certain journeys are funded by Nexus. What is happening is that Stagecoach have reviewed the service and decided to withdraw the service as it isn't commercially viable anymore - as such Nexus have stepped in to retain the service.

Not true. All journeys currently operated by Stagecoach on the 33 are done so under contract to Nexus although the arrangement does mean that Stagecoach take the revenue risk.

durhambusman

MX12EDC seen heading south on the A1 between Chester Le Street and Durham around 7.30am this morning.

Does anyone know if it has left the north east fleet?
Another transfer to turn up at Stockton is 22735 out this morning in Middlesbrough!
(12 Mar 2014, 7:58 am)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Another transfer to turn up at Stockton is 22735 out this morning in Middlesbrough!
Any pics
(12 Mar 2014, 9:43 am)Acky81 wrote [ -> ]Any pics

Also what a waste of time as it's just had a south moor academy advert put on the rear. Bit of a long distance for boro kids to travel lol
Hi i see 22464 this morning on 12 going to middlesborugh.
22464 is indeed at Stockton, on a 14 working today (12s and 14s)
(12 Mar 2014, 11:26 am)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]22464 is indeed at Stockton, on a 14 working today (12s and 14s)

Any pics guys
(12 Mar 2014, 2:52 pm)Acky81 wrote [ -> ]Any pics guys

[attachment=5306]

[attachment=5307]
Hi Peter. Is there any news to report have just scene two pictures 22464 & 22735 how many off the ex sunderlands are going. Regards Robin
Does anyone know what fleet numbers the new E200 will receive that are for South Shields
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17