North East Buses

Full Version: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
27732 seems to have a suspension issue
Yeh making those sort of noises
(20 Jul 2014, 6:36 pm)AIG20 wrote [ -> ]Is it making horrible screeching and scrapping noises, as in the past this has been an issue to nearly all of the batch of ADL E300?

If this is the issue it could possibly be something to do with the springs as "Half Pint" mentioned a while back that "they've went through quite a lot of springs" in the past few months.
More than likely the rubber bushes that the springs sit in will be worn.
The 35 must have left about five minutes after the E2, yet I've just overtaken it. Not even that busy compared to the 35!

Two E2s just past Tesco heading to Park Lane. Timekeeping is spot on as always.
(21 Jul 2014, 5:51 pm)AIG20 wrote [ -> ]I was waiting for the 13:34 E6 at Marsden (towards South Shields) and it came 4 minutes early. By the time the bus (ADL Enviro 300 27728) got to the Town Hall, the driver told the person on his radio that he was actually running 15 minutes late!

Then at South Shields market I got on the E2 (ran by ADL E300 27730) at approximately 15:34. It then had a five minute layover at Chichester for a driver changeover and was 4 minutes late by the time it got to Marsden. Whilst the driver's were changing over they were complaining and moaning about the traffic on the Wearmouth Bridge and Fawcett Street delaying the buses.

Furthermore, MAN E200 39712 was sat at Chichester at 15:40 for ages whilst working the 17. The driver was for some reason standing about. I assume the replacement driver mustn't have shown up! Tongue

Well it was completely clear when I crossed (about 3 minutes before I made that post!)

Really think that South Shields is making a mountain out of a molehill with these works on the Wearmouth Bridge. No other services, besides the Economic services, appear to be suffering as badly.
I think it'll be a convenient excuse for some drivers. As sad as it is, there are drivers with that kind of attitude out there.
(21 Jul 2014, 5:54 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Well it was completely clear when I crossed (about 3 minutes before I made that post!)

Really think that South Shields is making a mountain out of a molehill with these works on the Wearmouth Bridge. No other services, besides the Economic services, appear to be suffering as badly.
I think it'll be a convenient excuse for some drivers. As sad as it is, there are drivers with that kind of attitude out there.

Imagine what it'll be on Friday through to Sunday with the Airshow being on, it'll be absolute chaos I think.
Adding to a subject brought up in the Go North East thread (see below)

(21 Jul 2014, 4:46 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]To make a little feature giving the details of all 'frequently odd workings'.

Odd workings which basically happen every single day.

Here, for all to see, is the Stagecoach on Teesside 'frequently odd workings' - listed by running board (although as yet there's no Sunday one given the very limited frequently odd workings on Sundays from Stockton)

(As a heads-up, board 707/717/727/737 are presently school boards, although those will change in September when the school services changes)

[attachment=5750]
(21 Jul 2014, 5:54 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Well it was completely clear when I crossed (about 3 minutes before I made that post!)

It doesn't take much to end up late when the running times are tight and picking lots of people up. You should be very careful about what you say about drivers cause you never know who's reading these posts
(21 Jul 2014, 7:12 pm)mrnut85 wrote [ -> ]It doesn't take much to end up late when the running times are tight and picking lots of people up. You should be very careful about what you say about drivers cause you never know who's reading these posts

Running times are tight? Where's aureolin with his 'achievable timetable' line when you need him?

I am aware that management of all of the "big three" read this forum, and perhaps it'd be a good idea for management to get involved. It was a general statement about drivers (not just South Shields drivers, so don't take offence), and it comes from a disgruntled customer - I know others living on Newcastle Road who are sick and tired of the E2 at the moment too. Several Sunderland drivers are family friends, and I know many of the older drivers who work there, are not motivated. They can't wait to leave Stagecoach, but they feel they can't at the moment for financial reasons. Whenever they can, they try and get regulated - they don't try and make up time any more. I could say the same about ANE and GNE drivers too.

Other Sunderland - South Shields routes, with timings just as tight (if not tighter), are coping with the works on the Wearmouth Bridge much better than the Economic services are.

As someone who lives right next to the Wearmouth Bridge (and therefore someone who sees the level of traffic regularly), the works are not causing too much trouble - certainly not to allow for buses to be running 20 minutes late.
(21 Jul 2014, 7:28 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Running times are tight? Where's aureolin with his 'achievable timetable' line when you need him?

It's right though. It's pointless having a timetable if it's too tight to achieve. Customers get peeved off and some drivers feel under enough pressure from their peers to fly around like they're going for a fastest lap time. We all know it happens because we all see it.
(21 Jul 2014, 7:12 pm)mrnut85 wrote [ -> ]It doesn't take much to end up late when the running times are tight and picking lots of people up. You should be very careful about what you say about drivers cause you never know who's reading these posts
The beauty of a forum is that everyone is free to read it. Thankfully we have a lot of contributers who post constructive criticism, so it may help managers across the industry to have a read through once in a while. It's a lot of extra eyes and ears that enthusiasts provide.
(21 Jul 2014, 9:41 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]It's right though. It's pointless having a timetable if it's too tight to achieve. Customers get peeved off and some drivers feel under enough pressure from their peers to fly around like they're going for a fastest lap time. We all know it happens because we all see it.

I think it was AIG20 who mentioned that he wouldn't be surprised if there was a loss of custom as a result of the ongoing delays to the Economic services.

I know my friend was going to buy a Stagecoach VIP ticket for next month, as she's no longer an U16 POP card holder from then, but now she's considering the alternatives. We discussed this a few days ago, and she was saying that she'd have no flexibility whatsoever as she would do with the alternatives (which I suggested a Metro POP card or a Get Around Key Card).

Originally she thought that she wouldn't have been able to get to Newcastle whatsoever, but I told her how she could get an E2 to Lizard Lane and then hop onto an X34, although she would have to wait for the bus to turn up and hope that it's actually running on-time so that she doesn't miss her connection. We then went on to discuss the E2 running 20 minutes late, every day, pretty much around the clock. Perhaps accounts for the not-so-busy late running E2s I saw yesterday - given that they're quite often rammed (with pensioners). When I go home with friends from my school and a nearby school who live the E2 route, we always joke that we feel we're the odd ones out on the bus as it's rammed full of pensioners.
See post below in GNE - Latest thread which is also relevant to SNE.

(22 Jul 2014, 4:35 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Diversion details for the airshow as posted by Nexus at bus stops in Monkwearmouth at some point yesterday...
(21 Jul 2014, 7:28 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Running times are tight? Where's aureolin with his 'achievable timetable' line when you need him?

I am aware that management of all of the "big three" read this forum, and perhaps it'd be a good idea for management to get involved. It was a general statement about drivers (not just South Shields drivers, so don't take offence), and it comes from a disgruntled customer - I know others living on Newcastle Road who are sick and tired of the E2 at the moment too. Several Sunderland drivers are family friends, and I know many of the older drivers who work there, are not motivated. They can't wait to leave Stagecoach, but they feel they can't at the moment for financial reasons. Whenever they can, they try and get regulated - they don't try and make up time any more. I could say the same about ANE and GNE drivers too.

Other Sunderland - South Shields routes, with timings just as tight (if not tighter), are coping with the works on the Wearmouth Bridge much better than the Economic services are.

As someone who lives right next to the Wearmouth Bridge (and therefore someone who sees the level of traffic regularly), the works are not causing too much trouble - certainly not to allow for buses to be running 20 minutes late.

Drivers running early to get an extended break at an out of the way terminus or running late to get regulated - it has gone on for years.
Management know it goes on and aren't naive to it.
AVL and CCTV are often advertised as being for the benefit of the passenger, but can be used for other reasons...

Drivers can also contribute to the success (or opposite) of a route which is popular (or not) amongst their colleagues by utilising a range of techniques.

Passengers are often the ones to loose out and despite some of them being annoying, frustrating or rude, they keep those drivers in a job.
The womens face on the 23, when a women with a pushchair asked if she should get the pushchair in the area, she gave her a black look and picked her shopping up and stampes her feet.

Sorry love but u cant always get your own way on the bus.
(22 Jul 2014, 9:40 am)AIG20 wrote [ -> ]I usually sit on the single seat at the front of the bus, or somewhere at the back of the bus.

Same, had to sit in the middle, was sweating by the time i go to Thornhill school from Joplings
Trident 17029 on service 22 ex11.15 Wallsend
Does anyone know what Stagecoach will be using on the 510 next week for airshow?
(22 Jul 2014, 10:29 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Does anyone know what Stagecoach will be using on the 510 next week for airshow?

I'd imagine Stockton's remaining Olympians plus ALX300s from Sunderland.

An E400 (presumably a Shields one?) and 36082 are undergoing repaint at Sunderland at the moment, in addition to the Dart I got a photo of a few days ago.
(22 Jul 2014, 10:30 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]I'd imagine Stockton's remaining Olympians plus ALX300s from Sunderland.

An E400 (presumably a Shields one?) and 36082 are undergoing repaint at Sunderland at the moment, in addition to the Dart I got a photo of a few days ago.

Thanks
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14