North East Buses

Full Version: Solar Eclipse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's about to start, I've got a good view of the sun. Please don't take photos and selfies with the eclipse. Wear special glasses or watch it on telly.

Solar eclipse discussion goes below Smile 
[attachment=6442]
Ashington 
Damn the clouds.

It has started over Kielder.

The clouds are still covering Ashingon, at the moment.

The eclipse should reach its peak at 0930 over Newcastle and Northumberland.
It's starting to get dark up here...
A peek of the eclipse has just disappeared thanks to the sun.
Reminds me of 1999 Tongue .
Definitely looking darker down here in the Tees Valley... Cloudy though Undecided
It's now visible - but too bright to look at.
Too overcast in Whitburn, South Shields sadly.
It's noticeably darker over Ashington - but that may be just the cloud.
It's getting brighter over Ashington - the eclipse is almost (if already) over.
Can vividly remember the one in 99, but still managed to catch a glimpse of the one today.
There was cloud, but the gaps meant the eclipse was visible.

What was noticeable, was the sudden gusts of wind and birds singing their songs as though it was evening.
I found this nice photo of the Solar Eclipse here - https://flic.kr/p/aAhBG5
(20 Mar 2015, 11:40 am)GMitchelhill wrote [ -> ]I found this nice photo of the Solar Eclipse here - https://flic.kr/p/aAhBG5

Haha, very funny.  Big Grin Tongue
I was near Pontop Pike when the eclipse occurred.

Being positioned closer to the sun I thought I'd get a better view than most but, alas, those pesky clouds got in the way. Noticed it getting slightly darker, colder and windier but, compared to the one in 1999, I thought it was a tad anti-climatic.
All week- "Do not look directly at the eclipse"

Everyone at school today "It's happening " *looks directly at eclipse*, wasn't thay bad to be honest, just had a blue patch in the middle of my sight for 5 minutes, making everyone look like a Smurf...