North East Buses

Full Version: Simply DMG Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Me and Marcus have decided to start a blog, the initial plan was to get Marcus' good reviews to a wider audience as I think he is very good at it and should be displayed more publically and Marcus agreed to this, I sort the blog account, he provides the reviews and hopefully the wider audience gets to enjoy his work as much as some people here.

Over the last few weeks, Me and Marcus have discussed this to some length amd between us, we decided to open it up to any member on NEB and offer you guys an opportunity to contribute and work with us as some of you already know.

We decided to go further and while, I see most content being about buses, we decided that people can contribute anything they like.

Marcus' Reviews will always be our primary content as that is why we set it up, but people can contribute about things there interested in, Railways/Trains, Football, Sport, Education, Family Life...Right now we have started the blog with Marcus' last few reviews and a couple of posts I wrote about 2 years ago.

I want to thank Marcus, his reviews are the backbone of the blog and want to thank Dan as well for letting me post this...

The blog address is Simply DMG or
http://simplydmg.ga
Also if anyone wants to contribute, PM me or EMail me at dmgtransportblog@gmail.com
Good to see you've posted the announcement, David. Wink

Seeing as it's a joint-project, if anyone would prefer to PM me about writing something instead of Fozz, feel free. Smile

All I really do is write my reviews, and I think as we've got Facebook and Twitter pages on the cards, I'll just be doing those as well (which shouldn't be a hard task), so if you'd rather ask me, I'll likely be able to get back to you quicker than Fozz (seeing as he's sorting out the technical stuff and all that other stuff I don't understand, hehe!). Smile
Perhaps Wordpress would be a better option Fozz? Based on what you want to do, you could make people 'Contributors', and then just publish (approve) their work.

https://en.support.wordpress.com/user-roles/
(03 Apr 2015, 6:43 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Perhaps Wordpress would be a better option Fozz? Based on what you want to do, you could make people 'Contributors', and then just publish (approve) their work.

Thanks for the advice mate

Moving to wordpress was always the long term plan, as the current provider is on my own personal google account, and only temporary to get started and show what has been done already

WP looks a alot better than blogger does, so the next goal is move to Wordpress
(03 Apr 2015, 6:43 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Perhaps Wordpress would be a better option Fozz? Based on what you want to do, you could make people 'Contributors', and then just publish (approve) their work.

It would be a better option for me too, as you'd just have to add me (arriva1581) to your admin/contributors page.

I'm sure Marcus wouldn't mind making a WordPress account.  Big Grin

I would love to see what he writes  Big Grin
(03 Apr 2015, 6:51 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]It would be a better option for me too, as you'd just have to add me (arriva1581) to your admin/contributors page.

I'm sure Marcus wouldn't mind making a WordPress account.  Big Grin

I would love to see what he writes  Big Grin
Already got a wordpress account mate, I just need to figure it out...

PM me your e-mail tommy and I will add you to the controbutor list
(03 Apr 2015, 7:07 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Already got a wordpress account mate, I just need to figure it out...

PM me your e-mail tommy and I will add you to the controbutor list

Does this blog necessarily need to be about outings and reviews or could it be about off topic things too?  
(03 Apr 2015, 9:26 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Does this blog necessarily need to be about outings and reviews or could it be about off topic things too?  
Anything at all mate Big Grin though reviews will most likely be the backbone of the blog...

I already have 2 off topic posts on there...

The blog will be moved to Wordpress sometime over the weekend
Simply DMG Blogs

Thanks to Aurelion for suggesting wordpress...

Much better than blogger...

If you want to contribute, sign up to wordpress, pm me your wp login and I will send you an invite
I have to say I'm impressed with how the transition to Wordpress has improved it somehow.
Does anyone know if you have to pay to sign up to Wordpress?
So are the reviews that appear on there, the same as the ones published on here?

Trying to be constructive here - but one or two exclusives on there, may be the only way to drive/increase traffic in the short term.
If people on this site are that enamoured with the reviews, then what incentive do they have to visit the WordPress site?
(06 Apr 2015, 3:23 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Does anyone know if you have to pay to sign up to Wordpress?

It's free; https://wordpress.com and just sign up for a free blog.
(06 Apr 2015, 3:25 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]So are the reviews that appear on there, the same as the ones published on here?

Trying to be constructive here - but one or two exclusives on there, may be the only way to drive/increase traffic in the short term.
If people on this site are that enamoured with the reviews, then what incentive do they have to visit the WordPress site?
The plan was always to get the reviews to a wider audience, to people who may not be on NEB, thats what the sole purpose was originally, bus outings and reviews, till we decided to open it up to absolutely everything...

If we plug it on facebook, twitter and anywhere else I am allowed to, I can and will include links to NEB, and if it got just a few to come and sign up to the NEB asylum, then that is good...right
(07 Apr 2015, 9:33 am)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]The plan was always to get the reviews to a wider audience, to people who may not be on NEB, thats what the sole purpose was originally, bus outings and reviews, till we decided to open it up to absolutely everything...

If we plug it on facebook, twitter and anywhere else I am allowed to, I can and will include links to NEB, and if it got just a few to come and sign up to the NEB asylum, then that is good...right

Yeah, I get all that and it is good - but if this site has a massive reach (members and non-members) and the reviews on there are identical to the ones on here, I don't get where the additional people/wider audience is going to come from.
Buses are a niche interest. Bus reviews, even more of a niche.

As I said before, I am trying to be constructive - not having a go by any stretch of the imagination, but there isn't much of a USP and you are starting from scratch on a brand new blog, with the only audience at the moment, the same people who have read the reviews on here.
By then linking it to the NEB asylum, anyone who has found the blog and isn't aware of this site already (again not having a go, or being funny) - will they restrict themselves to the blog or visit this site too?
They visit this site and join the masses on here, read the reviews on here (plus anything else that floats their boat) and have little incentive to go back and read the blog...

In principle, I think it is a good idea. Those who like reading the reviews, will be in review heaven.
Without exclusive content, they can just read the reviews (and much more), on here.

Get the exclusive stuff, make it different and you are onto a winner.
Too many blogs (well written or not), have a very poor readership. It would be a shame for any effort put into yours, to go to waste.
(07 Apr 2015, 10:14 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Yeah, I get all that and it is good - but if this site has a massive reach (members and non-members) and the reviews on there are identical to the ones on here, I don't get where the additional people/wider audience is going to come from.
Buses are a niche interest. Bus reviews, even more of a niche.

As I said before, I am trying to be constructive - not having a go by any stretch of the imagination, but there isn't much of a USP and you are starting from scratch on a brand new blog, with the only audience at the moment, the same people who have read the reviews on here.
By then linking it to the NEB asylum, anyone who has found the blog and isn't aware of this site already (again not having a go, or being funny) - will they restrict themselves to the blog or visit this site too?
They visit this site and join the masses on here, read the reviews on here (plus anything else that floats their boat) and have little incentive to go back and read the blog...

In principle, I think it is a good idea. Those who like reading the reviews, will be in review heaven.
Without exclusive content, they can just read the reviews (and much more), on here.

Get the exclusive stuff, make it different and you are onto a winner.
Too many blogs (well written or not), have a very poor readership. It would be a shame for any effort put into yours, to go to waste.
You picky pain in the arse

Kidding mate Big Grin

That is why I want to include everything else, I have currently added some of my old blog posts, and have a few other ideas I am going to post about, football, life, shit like that, just that Marcus' reviews was what set the idea off
(07 Apr 2015, 10:20 am)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]You picky pain in the arse

Kidding mate Big Grin

That is why I want to include everything else, I have currently added some of my old blog posts, and have a few other ideas I am going to post about, football, life, shit like that, just that Marcus' reviews was what set the idea off

Very interesting reads on Simply DMG, I was fascinated with the posts about Martin.

(My review is currently waiting for a review Wink ) 
Currently looking at the site stats, and it's gaining some popularity; 53 views already.
 (WP.com) 
08/04/2015, 10:34
  • Today
    1Visitor5Views
  • Best ever
    33views

• All time
    53views0comments

(08 Apr 2015, 10:19 am)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]Very interesting reads on Simply DMG, I was fascinated with the posts about Martin.

(My review is currently waiting for a review Wink ) 
Martin McGartland is an interesting bloke, older members may remember jos attempted murder in 1999 in Whitley Bay by the IRA...

Those posts were written 2 years ago, I might get back in touch and see if he wants to talk to me openly again...

His books are good reads, the film is not too bad, but the film is about as far from the book as the earth is from pluto

Post your reviews mate amd I will publish them for you
Pages: 1 2