North East Buses

Full Version: Post Likes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see that I have 55 likes. Is there a way of seeing which posts have been liked? I had a look in User CP but couldn't find an option?!
Where's the like button gone?!
(09 Aug 2015, 12:01 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Where's the like button gone?!

On holiday.
(09 Aug 2015, 12:08 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]On holiday.

I would "like" that but I can't.  Big Grin

Permanently I hope! Smile

It discourages debate in my opinion, as people will just like a post rather than contribute anything worthwhile to the discussion. I do this myself at times, being lazy, rather than actually adding something.
(09 Aug 2015, 1:02 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Permanently I hope! Smile

It discourages debate in my opinion, as people will just like a post rather than contribute anything worthwhile to the discussion. I do this myself at times, being lazy, rather than actually adding something.
Problem is we may just end up with posts saying stuff like "I agree" "no" "Thanks"
(09 Aug 2015, 1:08 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Problem is we may just end up with posts saying stuff like "I agree" "no" "Thanks"

In which case, defeats the whole point of having a forum. It is possible to speak out in support of the previous contribution, without limiting yourself to a word or two.
(09 Aug 2015, 1:11 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]In which case, defeats the whole point of having a forum. It is possible to speak out in support of the previous contribution, without limiting yourself to a word or two.

Sometimes, though, you have nothing to add to the conversation that hasn't been said already, particularly if someone is talking from a position of knowledge, or someone's say, posted some photos and the like button enables you to show a bit of appreciation.

The reason the button did take a short break wasn't lost on me, though. Dodgy
Well its disappeared and come back can we say what posts are liked yet Dan?!
(18 Aug 2015, 8:35 pm)idiot wrote [ -> ]Well its disappeared and come back can we say what posts are liked yet Dan?!

Unfortunately not possible with this like plugin, idiot. Apologies!
I will just continue to wonder lol

It likes its holidays, it's taken the like stats with it too...   Tongue

I assume that this is the end of the "like" feature then, Dan?... it won't be missed...!
(31 Aug 2015, 1:24 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]It likes its holidays, it's taken the like stats with it too...   Tongue

I assume that this is the end of the "like" feature then, Dan?... it won't be missed...!

Liam has removed it, on the basis that it's seemingly bringing out the worst in quite a few members of this forum.

Whether it's a permanent removal or not remains to be seen.
(31 Aug 2015, 1:26 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Liam has removed it, on the basis that it's seemingly bringing out the worst in quite a few members of this forum.

Whether it's a permanent removal or not remains to be seen.
Yet I can 'Like' Posts on tapatalk??? is the like feature on tapatalk seperate to mybb???
(31 Aug 2015, 4:41 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Yet I can 'Like' Posts on tapatalk??? is the like feature on tapatalk seperate to mybb???

Yeah, not sure how to remove it from Tapatalk. Doesn't count towards anything on Tapatalk now though.
(31 Aug 2015, 1:24 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]It likes its holidays, it's taken the like stats with it too...   Tongue

I'll miss it
(31 Aug 2015, 4:41 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Yet I can 'Like' Posts on tapatalk??? is the like feature on tapatalk seperate to mybb???

I cant like posts on Tapatalk.
(31 Aug 2015, 5:17 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]I cant like posts on Tapatalk.
MrFozz likes this...

I cant either now lol