North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(04 Feb 2016, 12:43 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Have Belmont's e200s always had e-leather seating?
They have all the time they've been a Belmont. Think it may have had fabric before we got them.
i was speaking to a member of staff at blyth. he was saying there is a rumour that 1762/1791/1769 are due to go away for a tidy up. he said that 1102/1104/1105 are supposed to move on a temp basis. he did not mention a date so this could happen in the next week or next year.
(04 Feb 2016, 12:45 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]They have all the time they've been a Belmont. Think it may have had fabric before we got them.

Getting forgetful in myold age  Blush

Just hope arriva don't consider it to be good enough for Max seating for the incoming lowlanders.

Or is it alx400s? (See above)
(04 Feb 2016, 12:58 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Getting forgetful in myold age  Blush

Just hope arriva don't consider it to be good enough for Max seating for the incoming lowlanders.

Or is it alx400s? (See above)

ALX400's is what we're getting.
(04 Feb 2016, 12:48 pm)buss14 wrote [ -> ]i was speaking to a member of staff at blyth. he was saying there is a rumour that 1762/1791/1769 are due to go away for a tidy up. he said that 1102/1104/1105 are supposed to move on a temp basis. he did not mention a date so this could happen in the next week or next year.

Hopefully not in the summer or Whitby will be short.
(03 Feb 2016, 9:07 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Surely a driver should have a mobile phone on them at all times when out on the road, given that it is the only method of contacting control, as Arriva don't have radios fitted to their buses?

Arriva should provide them then.
(04 Feb 2016, 1:40 pm)Cock Robin wrote [ -> ]Hopefully not in the summer or Whitby will be short.

thats what i was asking him but he said that they will be loaning some buses from other depot
The disadvantage of phones is the sheer number of dead spots on their territory - even for basic old fashioned 2G
Given that the image at Whitby is somewhat better with the introduction and success of the BTL9'S shouldn't they perhaps be allocated a 'better' type of vehicle to cover the town service work and perhaps stand in for the non-availiabilty of the Streetlites. Didn't I read on here the other day that Dart 1105 had been covering an X4 duty ?  When I was last at Whitby the Solo's seemed to coping quite well around Sleights etc.
(04 Feb 2016, 1:59 pm)scania driver wrote [ -> ]Given that the image at Whitby is somewhat better with the introduction and success of the BTL9'S shouldn't they perhaps be allocated a 'better' type of vehicle to cover the town service work and perhaps stand in for the non-availiabilty of the Streetlites. Didn't I read on here the other day that Dart 1105 had been covering an X4 duty ?  When I was last at Whitby the Solo's seemed to coping quite well around Sleights etc.

Redcar and Whitby should have a spare Sapphire each but of course the spares always tend to be at Redcar and appearing on other routes!

They're not bad the 11xx. Still look smart inside and out.
(04 Feb 2016, 2:18 pm)Cock Robin wrote [ -> ]Redcar and Whitby should have a spare Sapphire each but of course the spares always tend to be at Redcar and appearing on other routes!

With you on that. Always been an admirer of the Dart, when there are in good condition. Remember, was it, 1743 that used to ply reasonably regularly across the moors on the X93 ? Now that was a journey.
ASHINGTON BUS STATION - CLOSURE
Sunday 7th February (00:00 until 23:59), Monday 8th February (00:00 until first bus)

Due to essential maintenance work to ensure the safe running of services through the bus station, the bus station will close all day Sunday until first bus on Monday. Alternative stopping places are as follows;

Service 1 to Cresswell: This service will stop outside Nisa, on Woodhorn Road
Service 1 to Blyth: This service will stop outside Sports Direct, on Woodhorn Road
Service X21 to Newbiggin: This service will stop outside Nisa, on Woodhorn Road
Service X21 to Newcastle: This service will stop outside Sports Direct, on Woodhorn Road
Service X22 to Newcastle: This service will depart at its usual stop, Stand A, in the bus station
Service 35 to Newbiggin: This service will stop outside Nisa, on Woodhorn Road
Service 35 to Morpeth: This service will depart at its usual stop, outside Sports Direct, on Woodhorn Road
7608 now has a MAX X9 livery rather than its previous MAX X10/X11 one. The X9 number has been added to the sides next to Blyth-Cramlington-Newcastle but the X10/X11 numbering has been taken off the rear with no replacement.
(04 Feb 2016, 2:24 pm)scania driver wrote [ -> ]With you on that. Always been an admirer of the Dart, when there are in good condition. Remember, was it, 1743 that used to ply reasonably regularly across the moors on the X93 ? Now that was a journey.

1757 was the worst, with the Urban 90 seats! No worse than a Temsa I suppose!
travelling on 1757 with plastic seats flat over the moors to Whitby take a cushion or you could wind up a numb ass and walking like John Wayne ?
(04 Feb 2016, 4:24 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]ASHINGTON BUS STATION - CLOSURE
Sunday 7th February (00:00 until 23:59), Monday 8th February (00:00 until first bus)

Due to essential maintenance work to ensure the safe running of services through the bus station, the bus station will close all day Sunday until first bus on Monday. Alternative stopping places are as follows;

Service 1 to Cresswell: This service will stop outside Nisa, on Woodhorn Road
Service 1 to Blyth: This service will stop outside Sports Direct, on Woodhorn Road
Service X21 to Newbiggin: This service will stop outside Nisa, on Woodhorn Road
Service X21 to Newcastle: This service will stop outside Sports Direct, on Woodhorn Road
Service X22 to Newcastle: This service will depart at its usual stop, Stand A, in the bus station
Service 35 to Newbiggin: This service will stop outside Nisa, on Woodhorn Road
Service 35 to Morpeth: This service will depart at its usual stop, outside Sports Direct, on Woodhorn Road

How can the X22 serve the bus station when no other bus can? Makes no sense...
(04 Feb 2016, 8:04 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]How can the X22 serve the bus station when no other bus can? Makes no sense...

The X22 will turn in the bus station, leaving 'wrong way' past stands D and E. The X21 doesn't have time to do that of course.

[attachment=7578]
(04 Feb 2016, 8:29 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]The X22 will turn in the bus station, leaving 'wrong way' past stands D and E. The X21 doesn't have time to do that of course.

Is there the correct traffic lighting on the exit to leave that way?

Doesn't seem too safe at all to me... Can a double decker even turn in that space?
(04 Feb 2016, 10:01 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Is there the correct traffic lighting on the exit to leave that way?

Doesn't seem too safe at all to me... Can a double decker even turn in that space?

A leading driver will supervise the manoeuvre, and will also guide the bus onto Lintonville Terrace, as the temporary exit is not signal controlled.
(04 Feb 2016, 2:18 pm)Cock Robin wrote [ -> ]Redcar and Whitby should have a spare Sapphire each but of course the spares always tend to be at Redcar and appearing on other routes!

Arguably much smarter than the 08 plate Solos in their current state.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15