North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2016
I made my first attempt to use the X12 south bound this afternoon, since they've scrapped the shuttle and routed back through the Interchange.

Unfortunately the driver had other ideas, and bypassed the Interchange anyway, as I could see the Gemini running past on the A184 towards Prince Consort Road.

Great to see that internal communication is alive and kicking.
One of 4654/8 was on the X75/6 today but it hadn't been Max'ed!
(01 Feb 2016, 4:45 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]I made my first attempt to use the X12 south bound this afternoon, since they've scrapped the shuttle and routed back through the Interchange.

Unfortunately the driver had other ideas, and bypassed the Interchange anyway, as I could see the Gemini running past on the A184 towards Prince Consort Road.

Unbelievable!
(01 Feb 2016, 4:45 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]I made my first attempt to use the X12 south bound this afternoon, since they've scrapped the shuttle and routed back through the Interchange.

I used it this morning. Half the bus got off at Low Fell. Presumably waiting for the shuttle. 

Got stuck for ages on Prince consort roundabout too
(01 Feb 2016, 9:08 pm)Lee Sinclair wrote [ -> ]Does anyone know why 1426 whines so much? Cool

The turbo has probably gone.
(01 Feb 2016, 9:08 pm)Lee Sinclair wrote [ -> ]Does anyone know why 1426 whines so much? Cool
Don't most of the 09 reg Pulsar's sound whiney?

1424 sounded rather strange when I had it on the X75 a few weeks ago.
(01 Feb 2016, 9:32 pm)Lee Sinclair wrote [ -> ]No mate, the other '09 reg Pulsar's just seem to rattle an awful lot when they are not moving. 1426 sounds totally different from the rest to me. Smile Exclamation

Aye, most of Darlington's 09 reg examples idle like hell when stationary.

Don't think I've had 1426 in a while, may try and sample it again at some point.
(01 Feb 2016, 9:14 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Don't most of the 09 reg Pulsar's sound whiney?

1424 sounded rather strange when I had it on the X75 a few weeks ago.

1424 still sounding rough then? Has been for s couple of months, think it's because they've changed the gear box (used to be 1/2/3/D/N/R and now it's just D/N/R)
(01 Feb 2016, 10:32 pm)Stuartphin1639 wrote [ -> ]1424 still sounding rough then? Has been for s couple of months, think it's because they've changed the gear box (used to be 1/2/3/D/N/R and now it's just D/N/R)

I rode it on December 23rd between Darlington and Staindrop, don't think I've seen it since then though so I'm unsure whether it will still sound as rough as it did that day.
(01 Feb 2016, 7:30 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]I used it this morning. Half the bus got off at Low Fell. Presumably waiting for the shuttle. 

Got stuck for ages on Prince consort roundabout too

Notice saying the shuttle's running still up in M'bro bus station.
(02 Feb 2016, 10:05 am)Cock Robin wrote [ -> ]Notice saying the shuttle's running still up in M'bro bus station.

So external communication let alone internal is alive and kicking then.......
(02 Feb 2016, 9:35 am)Lee Sinclair wrote [ -> ]Really mate? Undecided

I reckon it has one of the most powerful kickdowns in the fleet. Cool Exclamation

7518's turbo went and it's been making a loud whining noise. I believe it's fixed now as I saw 7518 today and it wasn't whining.
(02 Feb 2016, 10:05 am)Cock Robin wrote [ -> ]Notice saying the shuttle's running still up in M'bro bus station.

(02 Feb 2016, 10:16 am)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]So external communication let alone internal is alive and kicking then.......

As this has come at really short notice, and has only been advertised on the Facebook page, I'd dread to think if someone has actually been bothered to replace the staff notices etc. 

1764 is still at Jesmond.
(02 Feb 2016, 11:07 am)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]As this has come at really short notice, and has only been advertised on the Facebook page, I'd dread to think if someone has actually been bothered to replace the staff notices etc. 

1764 is still at Jesmond.
At least they actually mentioned it on Facebook this time, was no mention on social media when the shuttle started.
One of the Sapphire 22 streetlites has just limped past, about 25 minutes late, heading for Durham. Did not sound well at all.
And I wasn't imagining things. It's been replaced by something not a streetlite.
(02 Feb 2016, 11:09 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]At least they actually mentioned it on Facebook this time, was no mention on social media when the shuttle started.

The driver actually stopped people getting off at Low Fell this morning to his credit. The notice was still up inside the bus.
7410 and 7411 have received Quick Links into Newcastle branding.
(02 Feb 2016, 8:13 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]7410 and 7411 have received Quick Links into Newcastle branding.

7411: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nebp2/2440...ateposted/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15