North East Buses

Full Version: Gateshead Central Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(26 Oct 2022, 1:21 pm)Thomas12 wrote [ -> ]Where have you got 20 from?

Gains
40/41 = PVR 2
42 = PVR 1
47 = PVR 1
52/53 - PVR 1
61/62 - PVR 1
204/204A = PVR 1
PR1 - PVR 3
PR2 - PVR 1

Lost

104 - PVR 1

Suggests the PVR will increase by 10, not 20.
Lets say 12 with spares, so theyll still need 20-30 new drivers. 

I thought the PVR PR1 was 6 & PR2 was 3.
(26 Oct 2022, 1:29 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Lets say 12 with spares, so theyll still need 20-30 new drivers. 

I thought the PVR PR1 was 6 & PR2 was 3.
PR2 is PVR 3 and 6 for PR1
(26 Oct 2022, 2:37 pm)Jimbo wrote [ -> ]PR2 is PVR 3 and 6 for PR1

how is it 6 out of interest, apologies if I’m wrong. 

From what I understand it’s a 15 minute service so:

00 Belmont to Sniperley 16
25 Belmont to Sniperley 41

Woild be 3 at a 15 minute frequency, right?
(26 Oct 2022, 5:31 pm)Thomas12 wrote [ -> ]how is it 6 out of interest, apologies if I’m wrong. 

From what I understand it’s a 15 minute service so:

00 Belmont to Sniperley 16
25 Belmont to Sniperley 41

Woild be 3 at a 15 minute frequency, right?
They tend to have a 19 min layover either end, well atleast in my expierence there has always been two in the station at a time.
(26 Oct 2022, 5:46 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]They tend to have a 19 min layover either end, well atleast in my expierence there has always been two in the station at a time.

Wasn’t aware of that - seems very inefficient.

apologies for getting it wrong!
(26 Oct 2022, 5:52 pm)Thomas12 wrote [ -> ]Wasn’t aware of that - seems very inefficient.

It's very sensible, allowing for Durham traffic.
(26 Oct 2022, 5:52 pm)Thomas12 wrote [ -> ]Wasn’t aware of that - seems very inefficient.

No worries, however GCT is going to really struggle they are not going to be able to get say 15-20 buses & 45 drivers by Monday.
(26 Oct 2022, 6:12 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]No worries, however GCT is going to really struggle they are not going to be able to get say 15-20 buses & 45 drivers by Monday.

yes - personally I’m expecting the nexus contracts to suffer.
GCT seem to have got 4 new E200 MMC for their Durham services, apparently some will be for the 52/204/A/etc & Cathedral Bus, i mean good luck trying to get them around if they ever get allocated. The Train Station may aswell turn into a shunting yard. 

I do feel sorry for the other services as GCT are going to massively struggle not that they care
(27 Oct 2022, 11:26 am)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]GCT seem to have got 4 new E200 MMC for their Durham services, apparently some will be for the 52/204/A/etc & Cathedral Bus, i mean good luck trying to get them around if they ever get allocated. The Train Station may aswell turn into a shunting yard. 

I do feel sorry for the other services as GCT are going to massively struggle not that they care

Been confirmed by GCT staff members posting on a Facebook group that those 4 examples are for the Park & Ride service in Durham. It would appear they plan to use Sprinters on the Cathedral services.
As for staff, the Park and Ride will be already staffed up - the drivers who are currently with Scarlet Band will move to GCT under TUPE, as they did when Arriva won the contract in 2009 from Scarlet Band and back to Scarlet Band when they regained it in 2014.
(27 Oct 2022, 11:44 am)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Been confirmed by GCT staff members posting on a Facebook group that those 4 examples are for the Park & Ride service in Durham. It would appear they plan to use Sprinters on the Cathedral services.
As for staff, the Park and Ride will be already staffed up - the drivers who are currently with Scarlet Band will move to GCT under TUPE, as they did when Arriva won the contract in 2009 from Scarlet Band and back to Scarlet Band when they regained it in 2014.
That's if they wish to TUPE, look at the carry on when GNE closed depots and drivers weren't happy on alternate locations.

Quite a difference in location from Scarlet Band depot to GCT depot.
Got to wonder if they set up an outstation in the Durham area, maybe even using one of the Park and Ride sites (possibly Belmont).
was just talking to one of my collogues. she gets the 69 home. waited over an hour and no bus so getting lift of her son. Bu she was telling me someone she works with gets the 69 in the other direction. she went out to work and waited for 69 with an elderly woman who was going to qe for appointment. no bus came so she rang GCT and they said it had broken down. Another bus was on its way but couldn't say when. She told them she was late for work and the lady was in tears cause she was going to miss her appointment. She asked them to send a taxi and they would share the cost but didn't have one for 40 minutes. She as to speak to someone higher and go the co owner who after listening to her came to collect them in his Tessler and took her to work and the lady to her appointment jus in time!
I won't be surprised if GCT's PSV license ends up being revoked. They don't seem to put any effort whatsoever into their bus services. And even though the majority of their service fleet is less than a few years old, I've seen how poorly maintained their vehicles are so many times.
(28 Oct 2022, 6:49 pm)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]was just talking to one of my collogues. she gets the 69 home. waited over an hour and no bus so getting lift of her son. Bu she was telling me someone she works with gets the 69 in the other direction. she went out to work and waited for 69 with an elderly woman who was going to qe for appointment. no bus came so she rang GCT and they said it had broken down. Another bus was on its way but couldn't say when. She told them she was late for work and the lady was in tears cause she was going to miss her appointment. She asked them to send a taxi and they would share the cost but didn't have one for 40 minutes. She as to speak to someone higher and go the co owner who after listening to her came to collect them in his Tessler and took her to work and the lady to her appointment jus in time!
Sounds like a better service than GNE!

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
Update from Durham County Council on the Park & Ride contract.

Published October 28, 2022 9.13am

Park and ride customers in Durham City will be able to make contactless card payments from next week.

Our park and ride services at Belmont, Howlands and Sniperley will be operated by new contractor, Gateshead Central, from Monday 31 October.

With additional buses and drivers in place to ensure reliability, the service will run every 15 minutes between the hours of 7am and 7pm, Monday to Saturday.

Customers can enjoy unlimited travel on the park and ride service for just £2 per day. Under 16s can travel for free if accompanied by an adult aged over 21, while bus pass holders can travel for free after 9.30am Monday to Friday and all day Saturday.
Does anyone have any pics of GCT operating around Durham yet
No pics. Its a nexus E200 on the 62, though.
(31 Oct 2022, 1:27 pm)Retro Nero wrote [ -> ]Does anyone have any pics of GCT operating around Durham yet
Not quite Durham but near enough...

47 - Strata LO70KXB: https://flic.kr/p/2nWmxgC

52/53 - E200MMC YX21RUO: https://flic.kr/p/2nWiYuW (driver didn't seem to know correct codes for destinations)

Will upload more to my Flickr tonight
(31 Oct 2022, 1:46 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]No pics. Its a nexus E200 on the 62, though.
E200MMC on 61/62 was YX20OCF: https://flic.kr/p/2nWtyxy

All four of the 72 plate E200MMCs were out on Park & Ride's, three on PR1 and YX72OKW on PR2: https://flic.kr/p/2nWtyov
*White E200MMC YX19ONR was also on PR2 (incorrectly tracking as Strata LO70KXA)

Strata's LO70KXA & LN20OPO were on 40/40A/41: https://flic.kr/p/2nWqKC8 - which now appears to serve Leazes Road Underpass stand A on Cathedral bound journeys.

White E200MMC YX21RPV was on 204/204A

Hope they rethink some of the driver changeover points, I got the 52 into Durham this afternoon and they decided the place to do so is Wharton Park (second to last stop by the Rail Station) which consisted of blocking North Road for 5 mins with an Arriva bus struggling to get round it from behind and one of their vans parked on double yellow lines. It's not all bad though, driver on the 47 seemed pleased to now get an hour's break rather than the previous 35 mins with Scarlet Band.