North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
(05 Jun 2016, 4:03 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Nee flies on you like Michael Tongue

Don't want to sound dumb as out, but what does that mean haha

I'm just keeping the conversation going, there's been no info released for the Blue Scania's so its all just guessing.... of cause, you can stop that and just tell us but where would the fun in that be? Tongue
(05 Jun 2016, 4:08 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Don't want to sound dumb as out, but what does that mean haha

I'm just keeping the conversation going, there's been no info released for the Blue Scania's so its all just guessing.... of cause, you can stop that and just tell us but where would the fun in that be? Tongue

Stating the obvious.  Like yeah depending on what the PVR is, it will determine how many buses are to be painted blue.

Aye, nee fun in it at all, and you will find out pretty soon I reckon.
(05 Jun 2016, 4:13 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Stating the obvious.  Like yeah depending on what the PVR is, it will determine how many buses are to be painted blue.

Aye, nee fun in it at all, and you will find out pretty soon I reckon.

Well i sound like a right dumb **** now, lmao.

If changes are next month, like said before then they should be on VOSA soon, shame the NEXUS contracts can't change at the same time.....
(05 Jun 2016, 1:54 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I hope that doesn't mean you were WRONG ( Rolleyes ) in suggesting that 4968 and 4970, 4971, 4972 and 4973 were all at Percy Main, then...

#jumpedthegun

Only 4968 and 4973 have transferred over to Percy Main today.  4970, 4971 & 4972 remain at Deptford.  Still in Prince Bishop Livery.
(05 Jun 2016, 4:17 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Well i sound like a right dumb **** now, lmao.

If changes are next month, like said before then they should be on VOSA soon, shame the NEXUS contracts can't change at the same time.....

You sure that the changes will be happening in July? Would GNE not want to change the services the same time as the contracts are due to come into force? Not contradicting you by the way, just wondering.

Mind you though, if GNE did make changes in July, that is a pretty good thing in theory due to the fact that when the traffic picks back up in September with kids going back to school, then any reliability issues can be ironed out in time for Christmas with further changes as needed.
(05 Jun 2016, 7:31 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]You sure that the changes will be happening in July? Would GNE not want to change the services the same time as the contracts are due to come into force? Not contradicting you by the way, just wondering.

Mind you though, if GNE did make changes in July, that is a pretty good thing in theory due to the fact that when the traffic picks back up in September with kids going back to school, then any reliability issues can be ironed out in time for Christmas with further changes as needed.

Honestly, i have no idea, i was just going by what month the drivers were discussing before, If the changes are July, VOSA must be way behind, as they haven't appeared yet, hopefully they appear this week.

It could be September, same as the NEXUS contracts, that would seem the most logical way to do them but, going by the above reasons, changing the buses early, might work in their advantage.
(05 Jun 2016, 7:37 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Honestly, i have no idea, i was just going by what month the drivers were discussing before, If the changes are July, VOSA must be way behind, as they haven't appeared yet, hopefully they appear this week.

It could be September, same as the NEXUS contracts, that would seem the most logical way to do them but, going by the above reasons, changing the buses early, might work in their advantage.

24th July in line with the Nexus contract changes maybe? The drivers say it's July so I'd think it would be.

Wonder what will happen with the nexus contracts? Will Arriva just run the 42 instead of the 17 as they do now, and the GNE run the 11, 40 and 41.
(05 Jun 2016, 7:54 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]24th July in line with the Nexus contract changes maybe? The drivers say it's July so I'd think it would be.

Wonder what will happen with the nexus contracts? Will Arriva just run the 42 instead of the 17 as they do now, and the GNE run the 11, 40 and 41.

The NEXUS contracts don't change until September Tom.

Not sure what would happen to current NEXUS contracts, if GNE do have changes planned for July, i would imagine they would stop the same until they changed in September.
(05 Jun 2016, 8:00 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]The NEXUS contracts don't change until September Tom.

Not sure what would happen to current NEXUS contracts, if GNE do have changes planned for July, i would imagine they would stop the same until they changed in September.

Ah right the 17 was down for July though I think in the tender discussion thread unless they have changed it.

So I'm guessing GNE will operate the 11/40/41 on evening/sundays, and Phoenix/Arriva will operate the 42.
(05 Jun 2016, 8:01 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Ah right the 17 was down for July though I think in the tender discussion thread unless they have changed it.

So I'm guessing GNE will operate the 11/40/41 on evening/sundays, and Phoenix/Arriva will operate the 42.

It looks like September, according to Dan's post so we should blame Dan for the confusion Tongue
(05 Jun 2016, 8:07 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]It looks like September, according to Dan's post so we should blame Dan for the confusion Tongue

Haha hopefully GNE get them all as I'm not a fan of different operators having services.

Though I think GNE got the 19 from July so might not be enough Solos.
(05 Jun 2016, 8:10 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Haha hopefully GNE get them all as I'm not a fan of different operators having services.

Though I think GNE got the 19 from July so might not be enough Solos.

I agree, nothing worse when another company runs the service on an evening and Sunday for example

Not sure what the 19 will be allocated from July, the contract from NEXUS says it needs to be:

2x low-floor Euro 4 vehicles with a minimum capacity of 23. Vehicle must be single-deck due to low bridge. -  http://www.northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/sh...hp?tid=848&page=48

Also i do apologise, there is a contract out for the 17 in July.

Service 17 (Rosehill/Holy Cross - Wallsend - Cramlington)
Contract Period: 24/07/2016 to 18/03/2017
Currently operated by Arriva North East and Phoenix Coaches

Contractual requirements:
Daily
3x Euro 4 vehicles with a minimum capacity of 23.

Then, the other day, the new one appeared with the new services on... so not sure.

Dan will be the best person to clear the confusion up hahaha
(05 Jun 2016, 8:07 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]It looks like September, according to Dan's post so we should blame Dan for the confusion 

There are multiple contracts coming up. Some start in July, others start in September.

17 was originally due for tender from July but I think the current contract has been extended until September, with the new contract being bundled as the 11 and 42.
(05 Jun 2016, 8:56 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]There are multiple contracts coming up. Some start in July, others start in September.

17 was originally due for tender from July but I think the current contract has been extended until September, with the new contract being bundled as the 11 and 42.

Oh right, thanks for clearing it up.
Where did GNE Eldon Sq. Bound buses stop pre-2007?
(06 Jun 2016, 10:06 am)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]Where did GNE Eldon Sq. Bound buses stop pre-2007?

Eldon Square?
Jamie MWhere did GNE Eldon Sq. Bound buses stop pre-2007?

Eldon Square's old bus station was a pretty dismal underground place. The entrance was were the goods delivery gates just by the the station are now and the exit was roughly what the entrance is now. The station itself occupied (I think) what is now Argos, Waitroise etc. 

The photo in the link must have been taken only just before closure:

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/27204054@N...D_w_IS_all

Broadmarsh bus station in Nottingham is an example of a similarly gloomy place which exists today. The following photos show how despite being tidied up a bit, it remains an unpleasant place to catch a bus:

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/22455491@N...D_w_IS_all

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/111752039@...D_w_IS_all
(06 Jun 2016, 11:53 am)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Eldon Square?
Sorry if my question sounded a little too straightforward, at least James seems to have understood!
(06 Jun 2016, 2:04 pm)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]Sorry if my question sounded a little too straightforward, at least James seems to have understood!

To add to what James said - it wasn't just gloomy, it stunk. You could walk straight in from the John Lewis lifts at one side and Boots at the other.
It opened some time in the 1970s when it consisted of two long lines of bus stops. The extra glass doors in the picture were added (in the late 80s/early 90s?) and an extraction system fitted/upgraded - at least then you had a wall of glass between the bus lanes and the waiting area. As well as an entrance/exit onto Percy Street, there was an entrance/exit at the other end, and a bus layover area on the site of the present bus station.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27