North East Buses

Full Version: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(12 Oct 2016, 7:33 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Hopefully they run or near enough full service, i use the 18 everyday to work.

I gather they have it all prepped and covered, plus Stagecoach are quite good running at full wack.
(13 Oct 2016, 7:54 am)RBZ 5459 wrote [ -> ]I gather they have it all prepped and covered, plus Stagecoach are quite good running at full wack.

Hopefully, i would imagine a few delays might occur even with a full service.
(13 Oct 2016, 8:23 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Hopefully, i would imagine a few delays might occur even with a full service.

Why?
(13 Oct 2016, 5:29 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote [ -> ]Why?

Unfamiliar drivers (managers usually) brought in from outside with a flat fare is the usual way these things go.
(13 Oct 2016, 5:45 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Unfamiliar drivers (managers usually) brought in from outside with a flat fare is the usual way these things go.

Last time a few Shields drivers chipped in too
(13 Oct 2016, 7:10 pm)Brian13 wrote [ -> ]Last time a few Shields drivers chipped in too

When?
Strike action suspended when a vote is taking place by union members for a new deal.
(14 Oct 2016, 5:40 am)Deleted wrote [ -> ]When?

Cannot remember when but I remember seeing a few that I know on the 18/19 and the 23
They now have an app! Just downloaded it!
(14 Oct 2016, 4:53 pm)idiot wrote [ -> ]They now have an app! Just downloaded it!

Any good?
Metro had an advert for the Stagecoach app today.
Not really had much time to use it...
22512/4 entered service today, 22514 was on 10/11 along side 22515.
(14 Oct 2016, 6:51 pm)Y935 ERG wrote [ -> ]22512/4 entered service today, 22514 was on 10/11 along side 22515.

22512 was thrown out on 30/31/36 cycle on Monday actually. Assume it only lasted the day and just got back out today.
(14 Oct 2016, 5:05 pm)idiot wrote [ -> ]Not really had much time to use it...

Was about 5 adverts for it on my 100 last night. Haven't got enough storage on my phone to download it Sad
It's not too bad of an app in all honesty. You need an account with Stagecoach to use it, and the real-time tracking feature is particularly useful, saved me missing the bus from my sisters which is only half-hourly on a few occasions. The only feature which can't be used in the area at the minute is the mobile ticketing, but as it's something I wouldn't use anyhow, it doesn't bother me in the slightest.
The buses 22508'15 at Newcastle for reason. I would see enviro 300 from Newcastle to see at Stockton on 34'13'14 there good them service I think.
(14 Oct 2016, 8:26 pm)glen wrote [ -> ]The buses 22508'15 at Newcastle for reason. I would see enviro 300 from Newcastle to see at Stockton on 34'13'14 there good them service I think.

Slatyford are also receiving a batch of MAN E300s from East Scotland, No doubt replacing the older 03/53 Reg batch of MAN ALX300s, Which are older and in poorer condition than Stockton's.
This is also the unconfirmed reason the Kinetics are entering service here too.

The E300s off the 100 wont be moving this year by the look of things.
Replacing the 03 MANs is fine but IMO Slatyford could really do with replacing between 5 - 10 of the single deck fleet to Double deck. Peak time services are packed beyond a joke and always have been on single decks.
2 of the Ex Manchester Dennis Trident ( Euro 2 ) / Alexander ALX400s have now arrived back from Open Top Conversion, Both were parked inside Slatyford still in Magic Bus livery.

I'll try and link a photo once I've flicked through my files.
I wonder if stagecoach plan to adopt the slightly different corporate livery as on newly delivered vehicles to current fleet. Believe stagecoach south have been adding the orange band to front of some of there older e400's. Also interesting that stagecoach had dropped the local "in" from corparate liverys but some divisions are still applying it to new vehicles.

Kindest regards

Chris
Pages: 1 2 3 4