North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(30 Nov 2016, 9:57 pm)omnicity4659 wrote [ -> ]I seemed to have got my fleet numbers mixed up, I was on 4662 (which I thought I had been told was VOR), whereas 4661 was VOR. My apologies.
Big Grin
I saw a cross pennine bus heading up beach road this morning just after 9 the fleet number was a total blur and the sun was in my eyes
(01 Dec 2016, 8:40 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]I saw a cross pennine bus heading up beach road this morning just after 9 the fleet number was a total blur and the sun was in my eyes

Would've been 4661, it's been on the 306 practically all day.
(01 Dec 2016, 9:55 pm)Cobalt271 wrote [ -> ]Would've been 4661, it's been on the 306 practically all day.
 Must off been going to start its day on 306 cus it was N.I.S heading from billy mill down towards preston grange
1486/7 are now branded for 'Frequenta 15'

EDIT: 1494 also done, as is 1457 for 'frequent connections into Stockton'
1484/5 and 1491 also branded for 'Frequenta 15'
Is there any way, other than via Customer Services which annoyingly aren't open on a weekend, of finding the prices of single/return tickets prior to travelling on the day or can only the 'saver' tickets be viewed?
(03 Dec 2016, 7:04 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Is there any way, other than via Customer Services which annoyingly aren't open on a weekend, of finding the prices of single/return tickets prior to travelling on the day or can only the 'saver' tickets be viewed?

Arriva bus app?
(03 Dec 2016, 10:40 pm)omnicity4659 wrote [ -> ]Arriva bus app?

Nope - the m-ticket app only gives saver fares.
(22 Nov 2016, 9:35 am)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]And where has it been stated that 4664 will be branded for the X16!? All that has been stated is 4664 is being refurbished to MAX standard rather than pigeon-holing it into Cross Pennie Livery when it is to be the spare! By having it MAX means if not needed on the 685, it can be used elsewhere without people complaining that it is off-route. And if needed, it can cover on the X16 yes but it won't be branded for the X16.

According to a post on the UK Bus Fleetnews Yahoo group, 4664 is now at Bus & Coach World, Blackburn, for refurbishment.
I passed a forlorn looking 22 branded Streetlite earlier. Was parked just on the roundabout at the bottom of Gilesgate Bank at the entrance to the Premier Inn/Travelodge/Travel Tavern type place, right on the roundabout.
It's engine was open and the fitter was looking cold.
7602 failed in Camperdown earlier on. Must have been there for a good half hour before my Pulsar arrived.
4664 is currently crossing Tyne Bridge out of service following repaint into MAX livery.

It has Cross Pennine logos on the headrests, but the base and backs of the seats aren't actually there.
(06 Dec 2016, 11:07 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]4664 is currently crossing Tyne Bridge out of service following repaint into MAX livery.

It has Cross Pennine logos on the headrests, but the base and backs of the seats aren't actually there.

Strange!

(03 Dec 2016, 4:23 pm)united6210 wrote [ -> ]1484/5 and 1491 also branded for 'Frequenta 15'

1484/9 were the first two, done by last Thursday.
(04 Dec 2016, 7:50 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]I passed a forlorn looking 22 branded Streetlite earlier. Was parked just on the roundabout at the bottom of Gilesgate Bank at the entrance to the Premier Inn/Travelodge/Travel Tavern type place, right on the roundabout.
It's engine was open and the fitter was looking cold.

Not 1599, by any chance? I was on that, this afternoon, and the smell of electrical burning was making my throat itch.

And I've noticed that the fibre glass moulding around 1595's windscreen is looking rather bashed in. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if chain smoker Santa Claus, who was driving it, was responsible for that because he kept mounting the kerb! On straight roads!
(06 Dec 2016, 11:02 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Not 1599, by any chance? I was on that, this afternoon, and the smell of electrical burning was making my throat itch.

And I've noticed that the fibre glass moulding around 1595's windscreen is looking rather bashed in. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if chain smoker Santa Claus, who was driving it, was responsible for that because he kept mounting the kerb! On straight roads!

Couldn't tell you what number it was. It was dark and there was a fair bit of traffic about. Was trying to id it, avoid dunching it and staying on the road all at the same time. Managed the latter two, but not the first point.
If anyone sees 7439 today, please do let me know!
New M'bro travel office was supposed to open 9am today according to the notices yesterday but still wasn't open at 215pm. People moaning that the bloke on the other side of the glass had been abusive to them!
Looks like 1446 is in use at Darlington

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
does anyone know if NK05 GVX has been permanently allocated to jesmond?
Pages: 1 2 3 4