North East Buses

Full Version: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(02 Dec 2016, 4:39 pm)Jackamcardle wrote [ -> ]Ooooh I'm excited now - those Omnilinks look very comfortable too!

They are very comfortable - I've been on a handful of them up in Scotland on the Edinburgh to Dunfermline services.

It's a pity that I've not been on one with working plug sockets yet - maybe the North East's engineering department will care a bit more, given that this would be a very good selling point for the X24 service.
(02 Dec 2016, 4:39 pm)Jackamcardle wrote [ -> ]Ooooh I'm excited now - those Omnilinks look very comfortable too!

Same, about time Stagecoach had a service to Newcastle from Sunderland, it'll work out cheaper than GNE to, 

Stagecoach:

£3.95 for a day ticket on Stagecoach.
£12.95 for a Tyne and Wear 7 day megarider weekly ticket
£49:50 for a Tyne and Wear 4 week megarider

Go North East

£6.40 for a red and purple zone ticket on "Go 
£24.90 for a red and purple zone weekly ticket 
£83 for a monthly red and purple zone ticket 

------------------

They had a questionnaire out but it's closed now for changes to other services.
(02 Dec 2016, 4:46 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]They are very comfortable - I've been on a handful of them up in Scotland on the Edinburgh to Dunfermline services.

It's a pity that I've not been on one with working plug sockets yet - maybe the North East's engineering department will care a bit more, given that this would be a very good selling point for the X24 service.

I didn't know they had plugs too, hopefully they get them working because like you said, it'll get people on the service.

Looking forward to trying this X24 out!

Any pictures of the interior?
(02 Dec 2016, 4:46 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]They are very comfortable - I've been on a handful of them up in Scotland on the Edinburgh to Dunfermline services.

It would be in great competition with the Metro, especially with the it lacking in those and Wi-fi.
(02 Dec 2016, 4:49 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I didn't know they had plugs too, hopefully they get them working because like you said, it'll get people on the service.

Looking forward to trying this X24 out!

Any pictures of the interior?

24002:
https://flic.kr/p/xotMKQ

Storage racks above the seats too - they're fairly tall buses. Agree with previous comments about them being ideal for the 100 service. Pity they didn't take the entire batch, in lieu of not taking the MAN Enviro300s which have been acquired recently. Suppose Sunderland taking these three makes sense, with them having 40 Scania single-decks already.

Imagine reliability of them leaves a lot to be desired, as well as them being heavy on fuel, after many years of being allocated to long distance and demanding service work up in Scotland. Some of the ones I've been on have sounded rough, though all have still performed very well. My last journey on one was over a year ago now though.
(02 Dec 2016, 4:51 pm)Jackamcardle wrote [ -> ]It would be in great competition with the Metro, especially with the it lacking in those and Wi-fi.

Only areas with Metro near will be:

Sunderland City Centre 
Sunderland University
Newcastle City Centre (Not confirmed where it'll stop/terminate in Newcastle yet), unless someone can confirm it?
(02 Dec 2016, 4:55 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Only areas with Metro near will be:

Sunderland City Centre 
Sunderland University
Newcastle City Centre (Not confirmed where it'll stop/terminate in Newcastle yet), unless someone can confirm it?

I would suggest that it would terminate at Pilgrim Street, the same place as the X34.
(02 Dec 2016, 4:53 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]24002:
https://flic.kr/p/xotMKQ

Storage racks above the seats too - they're fairly tall buses. Agree with previous comments about them being ideal for the 100 service. Pity they didn't take the entire batch, in lieu of not taking the MAN Enviro300s which have been acquired recently. Suppose Sunderland taking these three makes sense, with them having 40 Scania single-decks already.

Imagine reliability of them leaves a lot to be desired, as well as them being heavy on fuel, after many years of being allocated to long distance and demanding service work up in Scotland. Some of the ones I've been on have sounded rough, though all have still performed very well. My last journey on one was over a year ago now though.

Looks quite smart, i just hope they'll be able to cope on the route because they've been trashed up Scotland.

I wonder if they'll get stop announcements?
(02 Dec 2016, 4:59 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Looks quite smart, i just hope they'll be able to cope on the route because they've been trashed up Scotland.

I wonder if they'll get stop announcements?

I doubt it.

Stagecoach are usually quite slow to adapt to new technology. Next Stop Announcements have been around for 7 years now.

An express route wouldn't really be the ideal service to try it out on, either.
(02 Dec 2016, 5:03 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I doubt it.

Stagecoach are usually quite slow to adapt to new technology. Next Stop Announcements have been around for 7 years now.

An express route wouldn't really be the ideal service to try it out on, either.

True, do hope we see them on other services soon.

If the X24 is half hourly, it'll need at least 4 buses so i can see a couple more arriving - with 1 spare, can anyone confirm how many are arriving?
(02 Dec 2016, 4:56 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I would suggest that it would terminate at Pilgrim Street, the same place as the X34.

Ye probables, don't see them risk it going to Eldon Square.
(02 Dec 2016, 5:08 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Ye probables, don't see them risk it going to Eldon Square.

A loop of Sunderland City Centre, and only serving Pilgrim Street, would avoid bus station charges.

I don't think the service was proposed to serve Heworth or Gateshead, so there seems to be a common theme...
(02 Dec 2016, 5:14 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]A loop of Sunderland City Centre, and only serving Pilgrim Street, would avoid bus station charges.

I don't think the service was proposed to serve Heworth or Gateshead, so there seems to be a common theme...

It wasn't, which is good, saves the extra time etc
(02 Dec 2016, 5:14 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]A loop of Sunderland City Centre, and only serving Pilgrim Street, would avoid bus station charges.

With High Backed Seating, Wifi , USB Sockets and Luggage Racks , Shouldn't they be using them to their full potential by running either a Hourly Extension or as a full route non stop to Newcastle Airport?

Running along Chester Road and the A19 would probably save quite a bit of time over the Metro depending on traffic.

Not saying its going to happen, But the markets there.

On another note I'm liking all these new ideas this new MD has brought in, More has happened since he took over than the pervious one done in a long time!
(02 Dec 2016, 5:48 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]With High Backed Seating, Wifi , USB Sockets and Luggage Racks , Shouldn't they be using them to their full potential by running either a Hourly Extension or as a full route non stop to Newcastle Airport?

Running along Chester Road and the A19 would probably save quite a bit of time over the Metro depending on traffic.

Not saying its going to happen, But the markets there.

On another note I'm liking all these new ideas this new MD has brought in, More has happened since he took over than the pervious one done in a long time!

That would be good, i forgot about the airport, that could be a good investment for them, Chester road at peak times can be horrendous.

Same South Tyne, i hope, if this new X24 does well, they decide to extend more services out of Sunderland, to say, the Metrocentre.
(02 Dec 2016, 5:53 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]That would be good, i forgot about the airport, that could be a good investment for them, Chester road at peak times can be horrendous.

Same South Tyne, i hope, if this new X24 does well, they decide to extend more services out of Sunderland, to say, the Metrocentre.

It would use them to their full potential, Aye Chester Road, Testos , And anywhere from Heworth into Newcastle can be a nightmare at Peak Times.

Would be nice, Hopefully these new ideas will be popular enough to encourage more new services to start.
(02 Dec 2016, 6:03 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]It would use them to their full potential, Aye Chester Road, Testos , And anywhere from Heworth into Newcastle can be a nightmare at Peak Times.

Would be nice, Hopefully these new ideas will be popular enough to encourage more new services to start.

Wonder if they'll ever launch a service from Newcastle to Boro to challenge the X9/X10?
(02 Dec 2016, 6:06 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Wonder if they'll ever launch a service from Newcastle to Boro to challenge the X9/X10?

I think that's a bit to extreme tbh, But you never know.
(02 Dec 2016, 6:08 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]I think that's a bit to extreme tbh, But you never know.

Ye, no one expected a Sunderland to Newcastle service so you never know.

I wonder when it'll start/stop running, hopefully it runs 7 days a week, every half a hour and starts around 7am and runs till around 8pm.

That's just a guess though as it was said earlier timetable wasn't done yet.
(02 Dec 2016, 6:08 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]I think that's a bit to extreme tbh, But you never know.

Later could extend from Sunderland to Hartlepool to join up the divisions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8