North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(22 Apr 2017, 11:14 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]That's been rumoured for quite a while and it still hasn't happened.

It's not just Darlington that seem to be having issues with Omnicities, the Cross Pennine branded examples seem to be frequently absent from the 685 and are often allocated to more local work instead, 1512 seems to be on the 685 virtually every day at the moment as a result.

4664 is due to transfer to Ashington for the summer season on X18 (or possibly already has, given the frequent sightings of 1512 on 685).

On paper due to move 30th April.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
(23 Apr 2017, 6:16 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]4664 is, or possibly already has, transferred to Ashington for the summer season on X18.

Was down at the depot a few min ago, no sign of it. Nowt ever gets transferred early as Jesmond are tight  Big Grin
(23 Apr 2017, 6:19 am)omnicity4659 wrote [ -> ]Was down at the depot a few min ago, no sign of it. Nowt ever gets transferred early as Jesmond are tight  Big Grin

The Omnicities will unlikely move from their current allocation.

Don't forget, in 3 years time they will be end of life anyway (at least the ones in Darlington will).

Given their age and poor build quality, i think Darlington have done a great job to get where they are with them now. Anyone remember the visual state (probably mechanical too) of them when the majority left Redcar a few years ago?

I'm told there is at least one at Darlington which is running locally awaiting a major unit replacement. These things may not happen overnight, as we don't know if the unit needs to be built specifically or if the one that's failed may have previously been replaced and they are chasing warranty work. At least they are being proactive to ensure they can use it in this time.
(23 Apr 2017, 6:50 am)RobinHood wrote [ -> ]The Omnicities will unlikely move from their current allocation.

Don't forget, in 3 years time they will be end of life anyway (at least the ones in Darlington will).

Given their age and poor build quality, i think Darlington have done a great job to get where they are with them now. Anyone remember the visual state (probably mechanical too) of them when the majority left Redcar a few years ago?

I'm told there is at least one at Darlington which is running locally awaiting a major unit replacement. These things may not happen overnight, as we don't know if the unit needs to be built specifically or if the one that's failed may have previously been replaced and they are chasing warranty work. At least they are being proactive to ensure they can use it in this time.

This is 4645, awaiting a gearbox, currently being used on Frequenta 2 services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(23 Apr 2017, 6:16 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]4664 is due to transfer to Ashington for the summer season on X18 (or possibly already has, given the frequent sightings of 1512 on 685).

It's currently at DiagTest.
1449 is the latest Stockton Pulsar to depart for repaint at Bus and Coach World - becoming the first of the old 'Fresh' 27/27a branded examples to be repainted.
(24 Apr 2017, 2:55 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]1449 is the latest Stockton Pulsar to depart for repaint at Bus and Coach World - becoming the first of the old 'Fresh' 27/27a branded examples to be repainted.

Is that the one mentioned here - or was that a different example?
(25 Apr 2017, 1:45 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Is that the one mentioned here - or was that a different example?

Different one - the one mentioned by Multi21 was 1456 which re-entered service today on 27/27a. 1449 was taken over yesterday to take 1456's place.
(25 Apr 2017, 1:48 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Different one - the one mentioned by Multi21 was 1456 which re-entered service today on 27/27a. 1449 was taken over yesterday to take 1456's place.

Mind Tony, not much gets past you mind, I will say that  Big Grin
(25 Apr 2017, 1:48 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Different one - the one mentioned by Multi21 was 1456 which re-entered service today on 27/27a. 1449 was taken over yesterday to take 1456's place.

Thanks.

(02 Mar 2017, 12:54 pm)Cock Robin wrote [ -> ]1488 has returned repainted. completing the Stockton Frequenta repaints. Like 1460 and 1492 it has yet to receive branding.

Have 1460/92 been branded yet?
(25 Apr 2017, 1:55 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Mind Tony, not much gets past you mind, I will say that  Big Grin

Helps that a mate of mine was early Leading Driver at Stockton this morning - and another is doing the late shift as well.

So, anyone after a photo of 1456, it will now be the 1610 X12 from Middlesbrough and 1830 from Newcastle.

(25 Apr 2017, 2:12 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Have 1460/92 been branded yet?

Indeed they are all now branded - in lead to understand that 1457-60 will be having the spare branding amended prior to the 27/27a brand launch to allow better use of spare vehicles
(25 Apr 2017, 2:13 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Indeed they are all now branded - in lead to understand that 1457-60 will be having the spare branding amended prior to the 27/27a brand launch to allow better use of spare vehicles

Thanks.

Anyone who has five minutes might want to check the fleet lists/news over. I think I'm up to date now, but a lot has gone on that hasn't been noted on this forum, so there may be things that I've missed.

Fleet Allocation Amendments (30th April):

Ashington
4664 transfers in, for the X18 PVR increase
1764 transfers out to the reserve fleet, due to a PVR reduction
1792 transfers out to the reserve fleet, due to the loss of engineering spares.
1801 is under repair for accident damage

Jesmond
7475 transfers in from the reserve fleet, due to a PVR increase
4664 transfers out to Ashington, due to the loss of engineering spares.

Durham
1766 transfers out to Whitby, due to the loss of engineering spares.

Darlington
1906 is withdrawn, due to the loss of engineering spares.

Whitby
1766 transfers in from Durham, replacing 1103 for disposal.

Stockton
1914 is withdrawn, due to the loss of engineering spares.
(25 Apr 2017, 2:53 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Thanks.

Anyone who has five minutes might want to check the fleet lists/news over. I think I'm up to date now, but a lot has gone on that hasn't been noted on this forum, so there may be things that I've missed.

Ashington
4664 transfers in, for the X18 PVR increase
1764 transfers out to the reserve fleet, due to a PVR reduction
1792 transfers out to the reserve fleet, due to the loss of engineering spares.
1801 is under repair for accident damage

Jesmond
4664 transfers out to Ashington, due to the loss of engineering spares.

Durham
1766 transfers out to Whitby, due to the loss of engineering spares.

Darlington
1906 is withdrawn, due to the loss of engineering spares.

Whitby
1766 transfers in from Durham, replacing 1103 for disposal.

Stockton
1914 is withdrawn, due to the loss of engineering spares.

Come on Tony, that was your cue!
(25 Apr 2017, 2:53 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Thanks.

Jesmond

7475 is currently at Ashington, and has been for a few weeks now, part of PVR of 35.

Doesn't look like the fleet lists have updated, still showing the old allox.
Keep your eyes peeled for some new additions bound for Jesmond soon for preparation... they'll be getting you there in style in a a few weeks.  Wink
(27 Apr 2017, 2:43 pm)omnicity4659 wrote [ -> ]Keep your eyes peeled for some new additions bound for Jesmond soon for preparation... they'll be getting you there in style in a a few weeks.  Wink

I am guessing you are referring to the MMCs for Ashington:

[Image: 33462981714_fa794ca70b.jpg]Arriva New Sapphire New Livery YX17 NEU by Yorkshire  Paper Buses & Bus Photos, on Flickr

As the comments say, this lot could be for Castleford (which is likely given the YX registration) but the North East batch is likely to be the same.
hybrid 7805 is now back at Blyth in MAX base livery.
(27 Apr 2017, 5:21 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I am guessing you are referring to the MMCs for Ashington:

[Image: 33462981714_fa794ca70b.jpg]Arriva New Sapphire New Livery YX17 NEU by Yorkshire  Paper Buses & Bus Photos, on Flickr

As the comments say, this lot could be for Castleford (which is likely given the YX registration) but the North East batch is likely to be the same.

That'll be a Castleford one. Ours aren't due until the summer - however the Castleford ones do see some Fleet changes up here Wink
Indeed, the long awaited Optare Tempo's are joining us in the North East. Not sure on intended allocation yet but Durham & Jesmond have both been mentioned
(27 Apr 2017, 7:39 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Indeed, the long awaited Optare Tempo's are joining us in the North East. Not sure on intended allocation yet but Durham & Jesmond have both been mentioned

I would think the 52/53 & 54 at Jesmond would be the most likely destination to replace the B10's, saying that the majority of allocation for these services are currently operated by Pulsars.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5