North East Buses

Full Version: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(19 Apr 2017, 6:04 pm)idiot wrote [ -> ]Impressive. Short term? Long term? Any ideas?

Just seen this on the Stagecoach site:

Coach vehicle on Service X2419 Apr 2017 to 12 May 2017

From 20 April 2017, we'll be trialling a coach on Service X24 between Sunderland and Newcastle for a few weeks.

The coach will operate a number of Service X24 trips each day, in the process allowing us to gauge whether coaches would be an improvement over the current single-deck Scania buses which are operating on this express route.

For safety reasons, during the trial period, buggies travelling on the coach will need to be folded and stored away - sorry!

We'd love to hear your thoughts regarding the coach, and particularly how you feel it compares with the buses normally operating on Service X24.

We'd also love to hear of any ideas you may have to improve this service further.

Please let us have your thoughts:

Phone:   0191 566 0231

Twitter:   @StagecoachNE

Post:       X24 coach trial, Stagecoach North East Head Office,
              Wheatsheaf, Sunderland, SR5 1AQ
(19 Apr 2017, 6:05 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Just seen this on the Stagecoach site:

Coach vehicle on Service X2419 Apr 2017 to 12 May 2017

From 20 April 2017, we'll be trialling a coach on Service X24 between Sunderland and Newcastle for a few weeks.

The coach will operate a number of Service X24 trips each day, in the process allowing us to gauge whether coaches would be an improvement over the current single-deck Scania buses which are operating on this express route.

For safety reasons, during the trial period, buggies travelling on the coach will need to be folded and stored away - sorry!

We'd love to hear your thoughts regarding the coach, and particularly how you feel it compares with the buses normally operating on Service X24.

We'd also love to hear of any ideas you may have to improve this service further.

Please let us have your thoughts:

Phone:   0191 566 0231

Twitter:   @StagecoachNE

Email:     northeast.enquiries@stagecoachbus.com

Post:       X24 coach trial, Stagecoach North East Head Office,
              Wheatsheaf, Sunderland, SR5 1AQ

Well atleast it should give them time to sort the Omnilink's out if they are going to have 1 free each day for a couple of weeks
Just incase nobody knows the wrightbus demonstrator 80028 has now gone from Walkergate depot

Also 22022 has swapped with 39706 while the E200's are knakered
(20 Apr 2017, 12:20 am)topsweep1506 wrote [ -> ]Just incase nobody knows the wrightbus demonstrator 80028 has now gone from Walkergate depot

Also 22022 has swapped with 39706 while the E200's are knakered

10638 noted back in the dock lines of MMCs too last night so will be back out where it should be today.
The commercial team are out in force in Sunderland. They appear to be monitoring punctuality on Fawcett street.
27510 parked in yard at Stockton, engine compartment open and a fitter working on it.
(20 Apr 2017, 1:52 pm)Tees lee wrote [ -> ]27510 parked in yard at Stockton, engine compartment open and a fitter working on it.

27506/7/9 were all out yesterday!!
Has anyone had a ride on the coach currently on the X24?, if so how is it?
(20 Apr 2017, 5:39 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Has anyone had a ride on the coach currently on the X24?, if so how is it?

I really liked very spacious and comfortable sounds really good as well. would recomend a ride on it for certain Smile
(20 Apr 2017, 7:16 pm)Thomas43299 wrote [ -> ]I really liked very spacious and comfortable sounds really good as well. would recomend a ride on it for certain Smile

Hoping to have a chance sometime next week.
(20 Apr 2017, 2:00 pm)Cock Robin wrote [ -> ]27506/7m/9 were all out yesterday!!

They are looking very smart! Nice to see them on the 35 sometimes too.
Coach is on the 0937 X24 out of Sunderland again.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
(21 Apr 2017, 8:40 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Coach is on the 0937 X24 out of Sunderland again.

Replaced by a Gas.
(21 Apr 2017, 11:12 am)RBZ 5459 wrote [ -> ]Replaced by a Gas.

It's not very popular with the elderly passengers (who make up 95% of the usual clientele on the X24) by what I heard this morning.

First one of the day after 09:30, and I heard quite a few moans about the steps... You wouldn't think they were getting on for free...

One passenger also pointed out how the arse-end of the coach was sticking out and blocking the road, when it pulled into a bus stop.

I'd definitely say that the Omnilinks are more suited to the X24 (even if there is one or more absent on a daily basis!)

(21 Apr 2017, 11:15 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]It's not very popular with the elderly passengers (who make up 95% of the usual clientele on the X24) by what I heard this morning.

First one of the day after 09:30, and I heard quite a few moans about the steps... You wouldn't think they were getting on for free...

One passenger also pointed out how the arse-end of the coach was sticking out and blocking the road, when it pulled into a bus stop.

I'd definitely say that the Omnilinks are more suited to the X24 (even if there is one or more absent on a daily basis!)

Think this is in part why the Arriva X66 and to a point the 685 became no longer operated by coaches as the elderly and disabled weren't happy with the lack of easy access on them, X66 especially faced a major backlash from various parties over accessibility problems.

Mind saying all this, the pensioners would still moan about a low floor bus turning up on the X66 (Dart or Prestige normally).

I think the gas buses would be an ideal full time allocation for the X24 or possibly some new Enviro200 MMC's.
(21 Apr 2017, 11:15 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]It's not very popular with the elderly passengers (who make up 95% of the usual clientele on the X24) by what I heard this morning.

It's far too big for the Pilgrim Street stops I agree, even worse when there's limited bus stops currently in use. The X24 and X34 normally do laps around the block, as even sitting Market Street it dodgy.
I don't think we'll see three more B12s arrive, end of the day it's seemingly an exercise to fill in for the Omilinks before it goes to Stockton, cheekily marketed as a trial I feel- especially when it has seemingly being swiftly swapped when a Gas bus has become available. There's probably no intentions of getting any more considering the amount they've already spent on the Omnilinks and they won't offload them very easily, not to mention the cost of bringing in three more coaches when the MD is cutting costs.
(21 Apr 2017, 7:28 am)Tees lee wrote [ -> ]They are looking very smart! Nice to see them on the 35 sometimes too.

Where did that 'm' come from?! It's not on the original!

I remember when Transit were buying Leopards to replace Fleetlines/Atlanteans and the Gazette interviewed pensioners who were please at the view they got compared to downstairs on the 'deckers. No mention of high steps!
(21 Apr 2017, 11:12 am)RBZ 5459 wrote [ -> ]Replaced by a Gas.
Now seemingly being run with nothing! 14:55 off Newcastle failed to turn up.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
Anyone know if 35189 is out today?
Anyone know if 54045 is out today

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7