North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - June 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
(11 Jun 2017, 4:22 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Assuming that it's still pretty unreliable then? 

On the topic of Ashington, hopefully they get a chance to look at some of the 14 plate E400's before the new vehicles arrive. 7522 has gone without a Sapphire logo on the front for as long as I can remember, and the upstairs front panel of 7524 is an absolute disgrace for a 'premium' service. Noticed a couple of other things, but I can't remember what they were.

7522 got a Sapphire logo when the rear advertisements were fitted, but then got involved in another bump and got new panels again. It would be nice for them to get the contractor out again to tidy the fleet up, but I doubt they'll call them out again now the new buses are due very soon.

As for 7524, I've made them aware of this multiple times but nothing seems to get done about it.
(11 Jun 2017, 4:59 pm)omnicity4659 wrote [ -> ]7522 got a Sapphire logo when the rear advertisements were fitted, but then got involved in another bump and got new panels again. 

As for 7524, I've made them aware of this multiple times but nothing seems to get done about it.

Ah okay. Permanently seems to be getting knocked that one, think it was the one that went for a few months with no logos on the offside. 

A lick of paint would be just about good enough, think it's been like that for over a year now. 

7504 was going around with silver tape along a panel behind the rear wheel arch last week, again not giving a great impression.
When is it that Ashington get these new buses? seems to have been talked about for a while now.
(11 Jun 2017, 6:37 pm)Pulsar wrote [ -> ]When is it that Ashington get these new buses? seems to have been talked about for a while now.

In the ANE press release for the May fare increase, it states that the GNR routes are to be upgraded to Sapphire standard "soon". As the E400s that are moving from Ashington will probably need a touch up, I imagine that the new buses will be arriving over the next month or so.
I was told June by someone at Doxford Park, so any time now.
(11 Jun 2017, 6:49 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]In the ANE press release for the May fare increase, it states that the GNR routes are to be upgraded to Sapphire standard "soon". As the E400s that are moving from Ashington will probably need a touch up, I imagine that the new buses will be arriving over the next month or so.

I'm lead to believe that the current X21/22 E400's will all be repainted into New Sapphire/Premium Livery ( The Livery that the new MMC's will be in ) Once displaced, Which could explain the lack of tidying up of the current branding.

Also once the New MMC's are in service, It will be likely that all repaints from then on will be in the new Corporate/Variant's, As all current brands will then be Out of date, Or atleast Sapphire and Interurban will be, MAX will stay strong for the near future.
(11 Jun 2017, 8:30 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]I'm lead to believe that the current X21/22 E400's will all be repainted into New Sapphire/Premium Livery ( The Livery that the new MMC's will be in ) Once displaced, Which could explain the lack of tidying up of the current branding.

Also once the New MMC's are in service, It will be likely that all repaints from then on will be in the new Corporate/Variant's, As all current brands will then be Out of date, Or atleast Sapphire and Interurban will be, MAX will stay strong for the near future.

Branding isn't the issue currently, bar the Sapphire logo on 7522, everything I've noticed is internal.
(11 Jun 2017, 8:30 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]I'm lead to believe that the current X21/22 E400's will all be repainted into New Sapphire/Premium Livery ( The Livery that the new MMC's will be in ) Once displaced, Which could explain the lack of tidying up of the current branding.

MAX is going, hence the MAX spec vehicles that have been built at ADL are in allover teal.

The reason for the lack of tidying up on the Sapphires regarding vinyls, is the call-out cost for the contractor and the cost of producing vinyls, there's also the time that the vehicles have to be VOR and parked in the wrong part of the depot, which causes disruption when services begin in the morning.
Either 4809/10/11 are on the X66
(11 Jun 2017, 7:01 pm)omnicity4659 wrote [ -> ]I was told June by someone at Doxford Park, so any time now.

Further to this - "end of June" is what I've been told today.
7536 on 1/5A/19. 14:35 5A from Darlington.
NK13CFL/4806 Is on Sapphire 7.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
NK61CXU/1463 is on Frequenta 2.

1906 on 64/64A for Redcar this afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
(12 Jun 2017, 3:59 pm)Mark P wrote [ -> ]1906 on 64/64A for Redcar this afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Looks like it stayed at Redcar over the weekend. Wonder if it gets out again tomorrow?
(12 Jun 2017, 1:07 pm)omnicity4659 wrote [ -> ]Further to this - "end of June" is what I've been told today.

Ours/Shire's and Yorkshire's are all part of one order for the type, So will just follow on from Yorkshires, So id imagine that's around right, Stretch it into early July just in case.
(12 Jun 2017, 8:07 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]Ours/Shire's and Yorkshire's are all part of one order for the type, So will just follow on from Yorkshires, So id imagine that's around right, Stretch it into early July just in case.

They won't be delivered to Ashington for a while yet, as they get sent to Jesmond for the various tests and preparation for service, and then waiting for the contractor to apply the vinyls (in their own time, of course...).
1478 on 6. 15:37 from the Eden Garage, West Auckland.
4656 on X21 , thought would of seen the last of this awful buses in Peterlee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WX13GHN/4814 Branded for Service X21 is on Frequenta 2.

YJ58CBU/2850 is on the 1/5/5A/12.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12