North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Anyone know if 6308 is sitting at Gateshead Interchange today as has been the last few days

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
(08 Sep 2017, 11:57 am)TEN 6083 wrote [ -> ]Anyone know if 6308 is sitting at Gateshead Interchange today as has been the last few days

6310 was at Gateshead this afternoon, couple of drivers had just got on before I got the photo, presumably doing familiarisation as it was gone when I went past in the car on the way home.

[Image: add9b051462d71c67a214fd9da6f82db.jpg]

5332 and 6051 had a coming together at Eldon Sq this afternoon 6051 had scrape damage on rear offside corner 5332 had similar damage to the nearside rear corner, what looked a lower panel was lying on the ground behind 5332
Obviously a result of the disruption in Durham today but there's more Angels in Gateshead at the moment than there are in heaven ?
(08 Sep 2017, 5:17 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Obviously a result of the disruption in Durham today but there's more Angels in Gateshead at the moment than there are in heaven ?

*Like*  Big Grin
(08 Sep 2017, 4:43 pm)Coppercap40 wrote [ -> ]5332 and 6051 had a coming together at Eldon Sq this afternoon 6051 had scrape damage on rear offside corner 5332 had similar damage to the nearside rear corner, what looked a lower panel was lying on the ground behind 5332

Coincidentally, 6051 had repaired panels on Offside Rear panel in March as per photo: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ten6083/33513359745
Pictures of 5300 on bazza flickr.....and whos the handsome lad in the cab  Tongue
(08 Sep 2017, 7:27 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Pictures of 5300 on bazza flickr.....and whos the handsome lad in the cab  Tongue

Specsavers is that way ---------------------->
(08 Sep 2017, 7:41 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Specsavers is that way ---------------------->

Damn it shut   Big Grin
(08 Sep 2017, 7:27 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Pictures of 5300 on bazza flickr.....and whos the handsome lad in the cab  Tongue

I can only find this photo - https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/37102981025/

Does Bazza have another photo somewhere else?
Orange...screams airport bus
(08 Sep 2017, 9:08 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Orange...screams airport bus

Or Tynedale Express Angel

(08 Sep 2017, 5:17 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Obviously a result of the disruption in Durham today but there's more Angels in Gateshead at the moment than there are in heaven ?

Well I got the slightly delayed on departure 16:17 from ES (I had considered getting the ill fated X9 and begging husband for a lift from Peterlee, before getting on it and 2 X21s hadn't shown and the X12 that I just missed and assumed to be just a few minutes late was actually an hour late!) and it arrived in Durham just a few minutes before another one. (2.5 hours from the Dental school to home - I was knackered!)
Oh 5300 has since gained fleetnames and fleetnumbers since I photoed it this morning. Was two mechanics reattaching those yellow wheel nut indicators when I photoed it.
The mercs really do suit orange,reminds me of when they repainted the citylink mercs orange for the old diamond
Just came out of where I live in Hexham near GNE Depot and there is a Saltwell Park bus parked up outside the Depot.

Severe disruption in Newcastle city centre. Metro are accepting GNE bus tickets between Gateshead and Haymarket.

https://www.facebook.com/simplyGNE/posts...2749160710

No update from Arriva, so I assume they're attempting to access Newcastle or making their passengers walk or pay for Metro...
Now the QR system is rolled out and it's possible for Big Brother at GNE Towers to see a lot more about our journey/travel patterns, I wonder what sort of changes we will see?

The optimist in me, reckons we will see the return of more direct services and a reduction on services working the hub & spoke model.

The realist in me, reckons we will see further reductions in services and even more consolidation.
(09 Sep 2017, 2:36 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Now the QR system is rolled out and it's possible for Big Brother at GNE Towers to see a lot more about our journey/travel patterns, I wonder what sort of changes we will see?

The optimist in me, reckons we will see the return of more direct services and a reduction on services working the hub & spoke model.

The realist in me, reckons we will see further reductions in services and even more consolidation.

I would have thought any bus/rail company that use smart cards would be able to see journey patterns just as much.  
Just look at the supermarkets - Sainsburys knows exactly what I buy.
(09 Sep 2017, 2:42 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]I would have thought any bus/rail company that use smart cards would be able to see journey patterns just as much.  
Just look at the supermarkets - Sainsburys knows exactly what I buy.

That's the difference, previously cash payers were essentially anonymous once they bought their day/week/month ticket.
They could board a bus, wave the ticket at the driver, use any service, have all sorts of patterns and the operator had no idea where or when it was used.

A cash payer now, could have their travel patterns analysed in a lot more detail.
(09 Sep 2017, 2:14 pm)omnicity4659 wrote [ -> ]Severe disruption in Newcastle city centre. Metro are accepting GNE bus tickets between Gateshead and Haymarket.

https://www.facebook.com/simplyGNE/posts...2749160710

No update from Arriva, so I assume they're attempting to access Newcastle or making their passengers walk or pay for Metro...

Arriva are bad at communicating these things. Not a dicky bird about yesterday's disruption in Durham.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21