North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
(10 Jul 2018, 8:38 pm)Josh wrote [ -> ]I actually prefer the scrolling blinds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6055 to E-Lane?
I noticed that other day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Didn't get the id unfortunately. Would have hit Shiney heading towards Easington Lane approx 5pm.
I was on the other side of the carriageway at the time.
I have to say 6069 is a really ugly bus
(11 Jul 2018, 9:36 am)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]I have to say 6069 is a really ugly bus
Yeah I hope they have an updated format, or the big days out promo ends soon.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
9090 has entered service on the 185

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
(11 Jul 2018, 9:43 am)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]Yeah I hope they have an updated format, or the big days out promo ends soon.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So do i,ive never seen such a ridiculous looking bus like that in my entire life
(11 Jul 2018, 9:57 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]So do i,ive never seen such a ridiculous looking bus like that in my entire life

What's it's current state like?
6069 looks like this at the moment - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...0940257984

Also after doing the Tall Ships today, could anyone tell me what the status of these vehicles are as they are the only ones I haven't got photos of....

6905 - LX06EBF - London Gemini
6931 - LX54GZV - London President
6940 - PJ02RBF - EYMS President

I have feeling the two Presidents failed to turn up in the North East, whilst I think the Gemini was parked up at Deptford Terrace all day today.

If 6905 is the only one left I need to photo due to the other 2 not arriving, what other things will the Geminis be used on over the summer.
(12 Jul 2018, 1:25 am)Rapidsnap wrote [ -> ]6069 looks like this at the moment - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...0940257984

Also after doing the Tall Ships today, could anyone tell me what the status of these vehicles are as they are the only ones I haven't got photos of....

I have feeling the two Presidents failed to turn up in the North East, whilst I think the Gemini was parked up at Deptford Terrace all day today.

If 6905 is the only one left I need to photo due to the other 2 not arriving, what other things will the Geminis be used on over the summer.

6905 was taken out of service yesterday afternoon at around 3:30pm as it had an issue with the indicators, this has now been repaired so will be out and about again tomorrow.
6931 was out in service all day yesterday until around 8pm - P&R 4 and 5.
6940 wasn't put through MOT test in time at EYMS to make the journey north, which is why 790 (9093) has transferred north on loan this week.

All of these buses will be taken out of service after Tall Ships to allow work to be completed to them to bring them up to standard for September when they start new duties on their scholars services: fitment of LED destination displays, fitment of Go North East's standard CCTV/low bridge warning devices, any other mechanical work that needs to be undertaken, and potentially some going through repaint, to name a few things on the list.
(12 Jul 2018, 1:25 am)Rapidsnap wrote [ -> ]6069 looks like this at the moment - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...0940257984

Still?!
I'd have hoped something would have been done by now.
Just passed 719 on the x7 in Peterlee, the destination colour looks blue than normal white?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(12 Jul 2018, 7:39 am)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Just passed 719 on the x7 in Peterlee, the destination colour looks blue than normal white?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has a full colour front destination, rather than a white display, so what you see is essentially the colour display trying to mimic white. Like some of the colour route numbers, over time this develops a bit of a 'blue' tinge to it, as you describe for 719.
(12 Jul 2018, 6:08 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]6905 was taken out of service yesterday afternoon at around 3:30pm as it had an issue with the indicators, this has now been repaired so will be out and about again tomorrow.
6931 was out in service all day yesterday until around 8pm - P&R 4 and 5.
6940 wasn't put through MOT test in time at EYMS to make the journey north, which is why 790 (9093) has transferred north on loan this week.

All of these buses will be taken out of service after Tall Ships to allow work to be completed to them to bring them up to standard for September when they start new duties on their scholars services: fitment of LED destination displays, fitment of Go North East's standard CCTV/low bridge warning devices, any other mechanical work that needs to be undertaken, and potentially some going through repaint, to name a few things on the list.

So are all the 69xx vehicles staying now?
(12 Jul 2018, 1:15 pm)Rapidsnap wrote [ -> ]So are all the 69xx vehicles staying now?

Yes - as discussed elsewhere on the board, Go North East has been awarded the contracts to operate over 70 Nexus Miscellaneous Works boards from September. The PVR won't increase by 70 as a number of these contracts can be 'tagged' onto services in the main commercial network, and some of these contracts are already operated by Go North East.

So what's here out of the 69xx fleet will stay, and there'll need to be a few more "new" additions to help cover everything...
(12 Jul 2018, 1:19 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Yes - as discussed elsewhere on the board, Go North East has been awarded the contracts to operate over 70 Nexus Miscellaneous Works boards from September. The PVR won't increase by 70 as a number of these contracts can be 'tagged' onto services in the main commercial network, and some of these contracts are already operated by Go North East.

So what's here out of the 69xx fleet will stay, and there'll need to be a few more "new" additions to help cover everything...

Well we still got the remainder of the Long Omnidekkas from Brighton to come North too.
(12 Jul 2018, 1:32 pm)Rapidsnap wrote [ -> ]Well we still got the remainder of the Long Omnidekkas from Brighton to come North too.

When will these new omnidekkas enter service and will and London get refurbished e.g.-New gne seats,USBS etc?
(12 Jul 2018, 1:38 pm)JM03 wrote [ -> ]When will these new omnidekkas enter service and will and London get refurbished e.g.-New gne seats,USBS etc?

You are aware they're going to be confined to scholars services the majority of the time that they are needed here, which could only be a year depending on how many contracts are not extended and lost in the next round of tendering?
(12 Jul 2018, 1:43 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]You are aware they're going to be confined to scholars services the majority of the time that they are needed here, which could only be a year depending on how many contracts are not extended and lost in the next round of tendering?

When will the tendering be opened up?
(12 Jul 2018, 1:47 pm)JM03 wrote [ -> ]When will the tendering be opened up?

In about 10 months time, then awarded again in around 12 months time, like this year.

So no, won't be re-trimmed or fitted with any additional features. Some of them may be repainted next month when they come back out of service, but that's about it, other than being fitted with 'proper' destinations (which is more than what some of the current operators of these contracts have!)
(12 Jul 2018, 1:51 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]In about 10 months time, then awarded again in around 12 months time, like this year.

So no, won't be re-trimmed or fitted with any additional features. Some of them may be repainted next month when they come back out of service, but that's about it, other than being fitted with 'proper' destinations (which is more than what some of the current operators of these contracts have!)
Will some be stored at Saltmeadows roads depot?
(12 Jul 2018, 1:51 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]In about 10 months time, then awarded again in around 12 months time, like this year.

Proper destinations... I guess that is an LED type but unless an operator is operating school services with the destination board covered up(which I don't think any do) then why do you have to come across as a bit snobbish I'm afraid to say by saying GNE will have these proper destination blinds when a dot matrix or even a paper blind is more than suitable for services that are not exactly high on the priority list. OK, admittedly maybe a paper blind is not within the contract but don't come across as independents don't have the proper equipment but GNE will. It's all down to money at the end of the day Dan, GNE has bundles to spend on  LED blinds in comparison to an independent operator and that must be remembered and respected.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14