North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
They do spring back up, 3 posts up, info from Dan :p
(08 Mar 2019, 3:46 pm)omnicity4659 wrote [ -> ]Sitting backwards is unpopular and uncomfortable for many. With a table there it benefits passengers more than some sparsely used seats!

(09 Mar 2019, 10:27 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Get yourself on the X1. 
Many a time those seats are used out of neccesity, rather than choice. 

I tend to only sit at the back of the saloon in the winter, but many a time I regret it once the bus fills up and those seats are taken.
Not enough room for at least two pairs of legs.

Tends to be a bit of both from my experiences.

Many times I've had a StreetDeck on the X21 and it's started to really fill up at Chester-le-Street and you see and hear passengers (mostly OAPs) who will point blank refuse to sit in the backwards facing seats at the tables. Often the same with MAX Omni's on the X66/X67.

Will also often sit at the back downstairs on 7 E400's and have people sit facing backwards and hardly anyone will go upstairs, again legroom is poor when this happens.
(09 Mar 2019, 9:40 am)GNE6312 wrote [ -> ]Anyone know if 9080 is out today and when it is next due in newcastle

9080 is at Gateshead Interchange, NIS
(09 Mar 2019, 10:48 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]They do spring back up, 3 posts up, info from Dan :p

Missed it Wink
[Image: 47333183501_47b787042b_o.jpg]Go North East: LJ62KXZ / 6157 - Volvo B9TL by Jamie GNE, on Flickr

Had a shift on 6157 today. I always enjoyed riding on these as a passenger, but I'm amazed at how well they drive too. Cannot fault the thing, especially good since it's a cast off. Hopefully can get one of these next time round too, the metro seems to be more like a bus replacement service, the way things are going. We spend more weekends pretending to be trains, than they do, pretending to be buses.

More money in my pocket though, so can't complain!
How come the Fab 56 announces it stops at John Dobson St but it always drives past even when the bells pressed and people are standing wanting to alight. I know the next stop is only around the corner so it makes sense - just wondering if the JDS stopping point was dropped at some point but the NSAs never updated?
App sale has been extended beyond the end date again - though no new date has been attached this time. The page has instead been updated to say that the "offer can be withdrawn without prior notice."
https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/sale/
(11 Mar 2019, 12:25 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]App sale has been extended beyond the end date again - though no new date has been attached this time. The page has instead been updated to say that the "offer can be withdrawn without prior notice."
https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/sale/

It's like one of those never ending DFS sales!
(11 Mar 2019, 4:15 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]It's like one of those never ending DFS sales!
Good thing for customers!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
(11 Mar 2019, 4:15 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]It's like one of those never ending DFS sales!
Good thing for customers!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Thanks to @danielgrahamm from our Commercial team for this lovely shot of our first refurbished bus featuring our new design of livery stripes at Go North East. This will be rolled out on repaints and new buses going forward. Cobalt route branding will be added to this one later.

Edit:

This is a route branded version (for Cobalts). Corporate colours will remain red and blue, but with similar style stripes to this.
From Dan's flickr:

[Image: 47299663512_29e639a38e_b.jpg]DSC_8841 by Daniel Graham, on Flickr
(11 Mar 2019, 8:26 am)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]How come the Fab 56 announces it stops at John Dobson St but it always drives past even when the bells pressed and people are standing wanting to alight. I know the next stop is only around the corner so it makes sense - just wondering if the JDS stopping point was dropped at some point but the NSAs never updated?

When the road on John Dobson Street was narrowed to create the cycle lanes the Fab56 stopped using that stop.  Some of the buses next stop annoucements were updated and some not.  Those not due to faults when trying to update them.
(11 Mar 2019, 8:49 pm)BFK wrote [ -> ]When the road on John Dobson Street was narrowed to create the cycle lanes the Fab56 stopped using that stop.  Some of the buses next stop annoucements were updated and some not.  Those not due to faults when trying to update them.

Ah okay. 
Hopefully the faulty ones are replaced with the Cobalt's cast offs.
(11 Mar 2019, 4:26 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]9080 was out on the 53's today - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...ed-public/

Indeed, here is the link to my YouYube video of LJ68CYO: https://youtu.be/nhv9m9sHh6U
(11 Mar 2019, 8:19 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Thanks to @danielgrahamm from our Commercial team for this lovely shot of our first refurbished bus featuring our new design of livery stripes at Go North East. This will be rolled out on repaints and new buses going forward. Cobalt route branding will be added to this one later.

Edit:

This is a route branded version (for Cobalts). Corporate colours will remain red and blue, but with similar style stripes to this.

Now with the vinyls applied, that looks strikingly similar to the original 2007 livery used on the Ominicities. Will the black below the lower deck windows be used for route info / taglines?
(11 Mar 2019, 8:19 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Thanks to @danielgrahamm from our Commercial team for this lovely shot of our first refurbished bus featuring our new design of livery stripes at Go North East. This will be rolled out on repaints and new buses going forward. Cobalt route branding will be added to this one later.

Edit:

So their changing the branding again, bloody hell! Go North East love paint! (I admit I do love this style, I do feel the current style is very similar to Stagecoach swoops but with different colours)
(11 Mar 2019, 9:50 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]Now with the vinyls applied, that looks strikingly similar to the original 2007 livery used on the Ominicities. Will the black below the lower deck windows be used for route info / taglines?

In fact, just checked Martjn's twitter out, via points will be added to the black strip below the lower deck windows.
5243 unusually released back into service without being fitted with taglines. None available, needed back at Washington before having them applied or have they been dropped entirely?

[Image: 46427348475_93eed94909.jpg]12705. Go North East NK56KHM. Jarrow, 2019. by Alan Urquhart, on Flickr
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18