North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

(08 Oct 2019, 8:32 pm)gordondack wrote [ -> ]

TBH I don't think the average passenger will even care about what colour scheme is inside. 

Then why would they 'waste money' designing a new interior then? Surely they could have just went back to using the blue moquette instead of the leather

Could the E400's not have been numbered 3801-04 to continue the 'Dennis' heritage' from the lolynes?

Sorry to completely derail the discussion on fleet numbers, but I noticed today that 6306 also has a square of vinyl over the Wrightbus logo as well

Seems strange that they would do this when they're probably going to be putting a full rear vinyl on anyway

Is there any particular reason as to why they are doing this?

[attachment=9226]

The 2 fleet livered ones have got the vinyl over the Wright logo also, sure it was asked a few weeks ago why they were done like that Not sure if it was answered though.

6328 is the only one with the Wright logo on the rear showing after having accident repairs.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

(08 Oct 2019, 8:22 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]

I just think it looks a bit too dark with the red. I would imagine the StreetDecks would be the same, since they have the same design of seat only on V3s instead of ADL SmartSeats

With the ex-EY E400MMC being numbered 6337, does that mean we can assume the E400s will be numbered 6334-37, then presumably if the StreetDecks arrive they'll be numbered 6338 onwards?

If so that means it it'll be:

6301-6307 = 16 plate StreetDecks

6308-6314 = 67 plate B5s

6315-6333 = 67 plate StreetDecks

6334-6337 = 69 plate E400s

6338 on‌wards = 69 plate StreetDecks

Wouldn't it have made more sense to number the 69 plate StreetDecks directly after the 67 plates? That is assuming they even arrive

Might the other 64 plate E400 currently at eyms make up the allocation (4 plus spare) for the X30?, current 5 mercs, otherwise what would be allocated if the need arise, no other low height DD at Consett.

(08 Oct 2019, 10:12 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]

Sorry to completely derail the discussion on fleet numbers, but I noticed today that 6306 also has a square of vinyl over the Wrightbus logo as well

Seems strange that they would do this when they're probably going to be putting a full rear vinyl on anyway

Is there any particular reason as to why they are doing this?

I know trentbarton specify all of their vehicles with no manufacturer logo's on at all. Could be something similar?

(08 Oct 2019, 8:35 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]

Then why would they 'waste money' designing a new interior then? Surely they could have just went back to using the blue moquette instead of the leather

I've no idea, perhaps you need to direct this question directly to Go North East as it's obviously a great cause of concern to you, only they can provide an answer.

(08 Oct 2019, 8:09 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I like the red more tbh.

Wonder if the Streetdecks would of been the same inside, like red inside panels etc

I have to agree, Transdev's B10's and Volvo B7RLE's previously used on the Mainline services have the panels the same colour and I think it looks pretty smart. Think we need less grey interiors as IMO it always looks so dull, see most Solos.

Felt a revamp of the interior was needed as it looks less like older buses which have had similar interiors for quite a while now. Don't think it's much of a problem having the interiors at GNE and EY being the same as makes it stick out less if buses transfer between the two, looks odd seeing the President's with the 'Ship Shape' moquette at GNE.
Wonder if the E400 have illuminated front logo like the E200. I presume also the feet seats have been a success and will now be standard on DD?

(09 Oct 2019, 12:06 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I have to agree, Transdev's B10's and Volvo B7RLE's previously used on the Mainline services have the panels the same colour and I think it looks pretty smart. Think we need less grey interiors as IMO it always looks so dull, see most Solos.

Felt a revamp of the interior was needed as it looks less like older buses which have had similar interiors for quite a while now. Don't think it's much of a problem having the interiors at GNE and EY being the same as makes it stick out less if buses transfer between the two, looks odd seeing the President's with the 'Ship Shape' moquette at GNE.

I quite liked the look of the blue that was put in to the likes of the Solars when they had their mid-life refurb.

Not sure it stood the test of time mind. I thought it ended up looking very grubby after not too long.

The Optare Metrocity EV (MC1 - YJ19 HUV) was parked up at Gateshead Interchange for driver familiarisation today.

Does anyone know it's fleet number while with GNE, also is this particular vehicle to be delivered to Go-Ahead London following usage with Go North East?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/48871375281/in/dateposted-public/

Dan Graham
@DanGrahamGNE

Entering service tomorrow will be our first brand new Green Arrow bus, on service 97. Look out for it making its debut appearance and be sure to share your photos with us! ??

Noticed on Dan's photo of inside the E400's, ADL have a selection of chairs - https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrah...otostream/ - I really like the blue styled chairs!

(09 Oct 2019, 7:21 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Dan Graham
@DanGrahamGNE

Entering service tomorrow will be our first brand new Green Arrow bus, on service 97. Look out for it making its debut appearance and be sure to share your photos with us! ??

Noticed on Dan's photo of inside the E400's, ADL have a selection of chairs - https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrah...otostream/ - I really like the blue styled chairs!

Yes just one for now...maybe see rest rolled out on Sunday perhaps

(09 Oct 2019, 1:47 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]

I quite liked the look of the blue that was put in to the likes of the Solars when they had their mid-life refurb.

Not sure it stood the test of time mind. I thought it ended up looking very grubby after not too long.

Yes the smell of fresh paint when they did the then M1 was lush. But yes it showed up too much dirt and the scratches. God knows what the shiney panels will look like on these ADL after a few weeks

(09 Oct 2019, 7:41 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]

Yes just one for now...maybe see rest rolled out on Sunday perhaps

Yes the smell of fresh paint when they did the then M1 was lush. But yes it showed up too much dirt and the scratches. God knows what the shiney panels will look like on these ADL after a few weeks

Thats the issue with high gloss, and it looks nice for the first 5 mins then it gets covered in fingerprints and scratches. Hopefully on the e400s itll be covered in vinyl so it can at least be replaced.

This is why i like the blue painted finish because it can be touched up fairly easily, plus it still looks half decent on the Streetdecks/streetlites

(09 Oct 2019, 7:56 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]

Thats the issue with high gloss, and it looks nice for the first 5 mins then it gets covered in fingerprints and scratches. Hopefully on the e400s itll be covered in vinyl so it can at least be replaced.

This is why i like the blue painted finish because it can be touched up fairly easily, plus it still looks half decent on the Streetdecks/streetlites

It does however the red starting to grow on me now. Think it does look really smart. 6337 will stick out a bit though having the now old GNE seating colouring Tongue

(09 Oct 2019, 8:02 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]

It does however the red starting to grow on me now. Think it does look really smart. 6337 will stick out a bit though having the now old GNE seating colouring Tongue" alt="Tongue" title="Tongue">

I dont think ill ever like the red walls, im coming round to the seats though.

Did 6337 get retrimmed? I thought it still had the light coloured leather seats from when it was a demo

Well looks like D-Day for wrightbus. Deal is so close however it's the owner that's dragging their feet over the land. Fingers crossed the deal is sealed today

(10 Oct 2019, 7:43 am)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Well looks like D-Day for wrightbus. Deal is so close however it's the owner that's dragging their feet over the land. Fingers crossed the deal is sealed today

Hopefully it will, but I'm not holding my breath for Wright selling the land.

I'm guessing they'll end up signing an long term lease on it at a substantially lower (and more realistic) rate, rather than buying it outright. Assuming the deal goes through at all

(10 Oct 2019, 8:25 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]

Hopefully it will, but I'm not holding my breath for Wright selling the land.

I'm guessing they'll end up signing an long term lease on it at a substantially lower (and more realistic) rate, rather than buying it outright. Assuming the deal goes through at all

Keep your fingers crossed

(10 Oct 2019, 9:04 am)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]

Keep your fingers crossed

Apparently Wright has put an offer on the table, so it's looking like something could happen

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25