North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(15 Feb 2020, 1:10 pm)michaelb wrote [ -> ]I could see the crusader getting upgraded to current double deckers from Tyne Valley Ten or new buses.

I'm sure it's already been confirmed that the 10s will just be refurbed rather than getting new buses.
I can see it getting upgraded to deckers, but I can't see them buying new buses for it.

I don't know if the numbers would work, but perhaps new buses for the Coasters then the B5s going to Crusader
Wouldn't be surprised if the Red Arrows B9's ended up on the 6/12/12A & 57 once new vehicles arrive for the X1.
Bit early to ask this but since the Coast Road services have been streamlined, has there been growth on the 309 / 310 / 311? Also, has the enhanced evening service proved popular between Newcastle and Battle Hill?
Not sure about the Coast Road services, but from what I've seen of the X21 extension so far, there only a small number of people travelling to/from West Auckland.
From what I've been told, concessionary passengers are starting to use it over the Arriva 6, even using it to only travel from West to Tindale to catch the Arriva X1 to Darlington.

I wonder if the numbers will start to pick up, although one of the main issues is that while the first X21 from West gets to Newcastle at ~8:30am, the the last X21 to West leaves Newcastle at 5:10pm, which means people working a 9-5 can't use it to get back, so are likely to still use Arriva. If they made the last bus down an hour later, I think they'd see more people using it (assuming there are people that actually travel to Newcastle, and not just connect to other Arriva services at Durham)
Does anyone know that Go North East are operating the Rail Replacements today
If so what is the allocation
If it helps, just seen 6320 on the A194 (next stop Fellgate Metro) heading Sunderland direction about 0805.
(16 Feb 2020, 8:24 am)misfit wrote [ -> ]If it helps, just seen 6320 on the A194 (next stop Fellgate Metro) heading Sunderland direction about 0805.
Think that'll be the 901
I want the Rail Replacement allocation today not the met reps
(15 Feb 2020, 9:52 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Not sure about the Coast Road services, but from what I've seen of the X21 extension so far, there only a small number of people travelling to/from West Auckland.
From what I've been told, concessionary passengers are starting to use it over the Arriva 6, even using it to only travel from West to Tindale to catch the Arriva X1 to Darlington.

I wonder if the numbers will start to pick up, although one of the main issues is that while the first X21 from West gets to Newcastle at ~8:30am, the the last X21 to West leaves Newcastle at 5:10pm, which means people working a 9-5 can't use it to get back, so are likely to still use Arriva. If they made the last bus down an hour later, I think they'd see more people using it (assuming there are people that actually travel to Newcastle, and not just connect to other Arriva services at Durham)

They might make some money from Newcastle on later runs, but pretty sure they would be carrying fresh air on the northbound returns.
As nice and convenient as it may be for you and others heading home from Newcastle, you have to remember the service isn't about you or your convenience. It's about what suits the operators.
(16 Feb 2020, 12:38 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]They might make some money from Newcastle on later runs, but pretty sure they would be carrying fresh air on the northbound returns.
As nice and convenient as it may be for you and others heading home from Newcastle, you have to remember the service isn't about you or your convenience. It's about what suits the operators.
I mean, it's not a case of it not being convenient that the X21 doesn't run to West Auckland for another hour, it's a case of it costing passengers an extra £2+ and having to change to an Arriva bus at Bishop to get home! In which case, they might as well buy an Arriva day ticket and not bother with GNE at all.
As for them carrying air on the northbound returns, the last 2 that run to West Auckland already run light back to CLS so that's clearly not an issue
(16 Feb 2020, 8:38 am)Citaro5338 wrote [ -> ]I want the Rail Replacement allocation today not the met reps
That's Arriva today not GNE
(16 Feb 2020, 1:16 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]I mean, it's not a case of it not being convenient that the X21 doesn't run to West Auckland for another hour, it's a case of it costing passengers an extra £2+ and having to change to an Arriva bus at Bishop to get home! In which case, they might as well buy an Arriva day ticket and not bother with GNE at all.
As for them carrying air on the northbound returns, the last 2 that run to West Auckland already run light back to CLS so that's clearly not an issue

It might not be an issue for those runs, the cost of running light may be mitigated, covered or their margins minimal. 
Any more light runs may be beyond any limits imposed.
(16 Feb 2020, 2:22 pm)ifm001 wrote [ -> ]That's Arriva today not GNE

Go North East are on standby rail replacement today, using coaches.
What is the latest timescale for when the X Lines streetdecks are expected to appear?
(15 Feb 2020, 12:07 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]I can see 57 going electric like the 53/54/58 but fair few citaros on the crusader that will need to be displaced too....
They would probably be useful on the 50.
(16 Feb 2020, 11:34 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]They would probably be useful on the 50.
Was hoping for DD on the 50 but yes quite possibly

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
Wasn't it said during the Facebook Live that they'll be starting to withdraw the Citaros soon?
They're heavy so expensive to run, parts are expensive and they're not that reliable
(16 Feb 2020, 11:39 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Wasn't it said during the Facebook Live that they'll be starting to withdraw the Citaros soon?
They're heavy so expensive to run, parts are expensive and they're not that reliable
Yes but omnis will go as well. I can see 06 plates being withdrawn and bluestar going to driver training

(16 Feb 2020, 11:41 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Yes but omnis will go as well. I can see 06 plates being withdrawn and bluestar going to driver training

I wonder if we'll see an order for more single deckers soon, there's been a lot of deckers ordered recently but not many singles.
(16 Feb 2020, 4:56 pm)Wybus wrote [ -> ]What is the latest timescale for when the X Lines streetdecks are expected to appear?

April

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15