North East Buses

Full Version: New buses for service 50
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know if the 50 is due new buses at any time soon? Some of the omnicites starting to look tired - but then again they run in durham alongside arriva so you could run an Olympian and it would fit in!
(12 Mar 2020, 11:13 pm)OW1762 wrote [ -> ]Does anyone know if the 50 is due new buses at any time soon? Some of the omnicites starting to look tired - but then again they run in durham alongside arriva so you could run an Olympian and it would fit in!
Must of them have been upgraded to Euro 6 and all have WiFi
(12 Mar 2020, 11:19 pm)Ds1197 wrote [ -> ]Must of them have been upgraded to Euro 6 and all have WiFi
I was not aware of this, thank you.
(12 Mar 2020, 11:13 pm)OW1762 wrote [ -> ]Does anyone know if the 50 is due new buses at any time soon? Some of the omnicites starting to look tired - but then again they run in durham alongside arriva so you could run an Olympian and it would fit in!

To be honest, I think with a refurb to the new internal standard and screwing the panels back together properly to get rid of some of the rattles they'd be as good as new!
I'd happily take a ride on an Omnicity over pretty much any of the other single deckers they have
(13 Mar 2020, 12:23 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]To be honest, I think with a refurb to the new internal standard and screwing the panels back together properly to get rid of some of the rattles they'd be as good as new!
I'd happily take a ride on an Omnicity over pretty much any of the other single deckers they have
Have to admit if they were to refurbish them, I have to agree that I would rather go on one of them than a streetlite.
(13 Mar 2020, 9:14 am)OW1762 wrote [ -> ]Have to admit if they were to refurbish them, I have to agree that I would rather go on one of them than a streetlite.
They are always an enjoyable ride, unless you sit near the engine in summer. I'd love to see them spruced up, internally.
(13 Mar 2020, 9:38 am)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]They are always an enjoyable ride, unless you sit near the engine in summer. I'd love to see them spruced up, internally.

My go-to seat on them is, like most buses, the one next to the emergency exit, which can get a bit toasty on the few days that it's warm!
The repaints for the Omnicities on the 50/5 last year, were the two-thirds update of the paintwork. As has already been mentioned, they have been upgraded to Euro 6 but there may be some reallocation in May depending on services changes.
(14 Mar 2020, 9:35 pm)6049 wrote [ -> ]The repaints for the Omnicities on the 50/5 last year, were the two-thirds update of the paintwork. As has already been mentioned, they have been upgraded to Euro 6 but there may be some reallocation in May depending on services changes.
I'm starting to think Mercs to go on 5/50 & 2/2A/39 & 16/16A but doesn't look good.