North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East service levels during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Info about allocation changes next week, from Dan on the Busesnortheast facebook page.

The X30 & X71 services at Consett, will be revised this weekend to operate with minibuses which are now surplus to requirements following service reductions (with the Streetlites re-deployed at Deptford to allow fuel-hungry double-decks to be taken out of service).

So:

X30/X71 will be solo
20/56 will be Streetlite (20 currently allocated FAB 56 deckers)
(09 Apr 2020, 6:13 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Info about allocation changes next week, from Dan on the Busesnortheast facebook page.

The X30 & X71 services at Consett, will be revised this weekend to operate with minibuses which are now surplus to requirements following service reductions (with the Streetlites re-deployed at Deptford to allow fuel-hungry double-decks to be taken out of service).

So:

X30/X71 will be solo
Do you know if those streetlites would be the Prince Bishop batch currently allocated to the 4/ 50 or the other ones being redeployed?
(09 Apr 2020, 9:43 pm)Adtrainsam wrote [ -> ]Do you know if those streetlites would be the Prince Bishop batch currently allocated to the 4/ 50 or the other ones being redeployed?

I would imagine other ones, Durham Diamond maybe?
(10 Apr 2020, 12:40 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]I would imagine other ones, Durham Diamond maybe?
Mate from Consett has told me the Kites are going to Deptford, dunno how true that is like - drivers network n all...
(10 Apr 2020, 3:28 pm)6049 wrote [ -> ]Mate from Consett has told me the Kites are going to Deptford, dunno how true that is like - drivers network n all...

Could be, i forgot about the Red Kite buses, they're the ones currently allocated to the X30 & X71 so i would imagine so.

There's 6 Red Kite Streetlites currently in service.
(10 Apr 2020, 3:28 pm)6049 wrote [ -> ]Mate from Consett has told me the Kites are going to Deptford, dunno how true that is like - drivers network n all...

Just seen 4 Red Kites heading down the A691 all in a row! (Towards durham) 

Seems they're off somewhere!
It took all my strength to not have a ride on the StreetDeck running on the 1A today, I could see it from the window tempting me, but I resisted!
I suppose with all the odd workings at the minute it's a good opportunity to try out vehicles on routes that wouldn't normally be allocated that type
(10 Apr 2020, 8:53 pm)Arcticrossy92 wrote [ -> ]Just seen 4 Red Kites heading down the A691 all in a row! (Towards durham) 

Seems they're off somewhere!

Probables heading to Deptford to replace some of the B9's
(10 Apr 2020, 9:45 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]It took all my strength to not have a ride on the StreetDeck running on the 1A today, I could see it from the window tempting me, but I resisted!
I suppose with all the odd workings at the minute it's a good opportunity to try out vehicles on routes that wouldn't normally be allocated that type

I hope that's tounge and cheek as it's definitely not a good opportunity to go riding buses for the sake of it. I've seen that there's been some bus drivers complaining about people doing the exact thing on social media and saying it on the lines they want to tell them where to go but obviously can't. Stay safe people and don't put other people's lives at risk for the sake of it there's plenty time to ride a bus unless you actually have a genuine reason to do so. (this isn't a dig at you here streetdeckfan - just in general)
(10 Apr 2020, 9:45 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]It took all my strength to not have a ride on the StreetDeck running on the 1A today, I could see it from the window tempting me, but I resisted!
Even if you don't care about taking risks wit your own health, have some respect for the drivers who still need to work to get other key workers to work and people who don't have other options for travel out for medical appointments and food shops.
(10 Apr 2020, 10:11 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Even if you don't care about taking risks wit your own health, have some respect for the drivers who still need to work to get other key workers to work and people who don't have other options for travel out for medical appointments and food shops.

That's why I didn't. I could have easily made an excuse of having to go to Tesco in Gateshead, which I do, but we'll just take the car instead.
That's the main reason I've temporarily moved back up to Gateshead instead of staying at mine down in Bishop, so we only have to do one lot of shopping instead of two, although one advantage of mine is it's a few minute walk to basically every shop, whereas here we just have Aldi
(10 Apr 2020, 11:19 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]That's why I didn't. I could have easily made an excuse of having to go to Tesco in Gateshead, which I do, but we'll just take the car instead.
That's the main reason I've temporarily moved back up to Gateshead instead of staying at mine down in Bishop, so we only have to do one lot of shopping instead of two, although one advantage of mine is it's a few minute walk to basically every shop, whereas here we just have Aldi

Have you tried the free bus to Tesco at Gateshead. It drops you off in the underground car park. There are a number of routes from different parts of Gateshead. It's quite handy but is not well used. Gateshead Central Taxis operate it normally using Mellor bodied Fiat Ducatos.

Charles
(10 Apr 2020, 11:19 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]That's why I didn't. I could have easily made an excuse of having to go to Tesco in Gateshead, which I do, but we'll just take the car instead.
Well done streetdeckfan for doing the right thing
I think he means the company to evaluate how they perform on other routes.
(11 Apr 2020, 11:28 am)idiot wrote [ -> ]I think he means the company to evaluate how they perform on other routes.

This was my understanding of it too.
(09 Apr 2020, 6:13 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Info about allocation changes next week, from Dan on the Busesnortheast facebook page.

So:

X30/X71 will be solo

Looks like 5411 - 5414 are the streetlites which moved over to Deptford

According to Bustimes.org:

5411 & 5412 are on the 55X
5413 & 5414 are on the 78
(11 Apr 2020, 11:49 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Looks like 5411 - 5414 are the streetlites which moved over to Deptford

5409 also tracking on 55X.

679/80/1/2/3 appear to have all gone the other way for X30/X71
(11 Apr 2020, 11:54 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]5409 also tracking on 55X.

679/80/1/2/3 appear to have all gone the other way for X30/X71

Ah missed that one!

Trying to make a list of whats moved around and whats been temporarily withdrawn.. but that's going... slowly.. because i'm not sure if a bus is spare or actually withdrawn... Tongue
(11 Apr 2020, 11:28 am)idiot wrote [ -> ]I think he means the company to evaluate how they perform on other routes.
Yes, that is exactly what I meant, I probably could have worded that a bit better!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
(11 Apr 2020, 11:49 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Looks like 5411 - 5414 are the streetlites which moved over to Deptford

Be interesting to see if they remain there. I would imagine the bus factories will reopen before services get back to normal

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28