North East Buses

Full Version: 9070 - YJ19HUV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Optare Metrocity EV demonstrator, 9070 (YJ19 HUV), has returned to Go North East, for further evaluation after recent use at Arriva Midlands.
(08 Jul 2020, 6:20 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]The Optare Metrocity EV demonstrator, 9070 (YJ19 HUV), has returned to Go North East, for further evaluation after recent use at Arriva Midlands.

Wonder if this will go on the 97 to compare against the Enviro 200's?
(08 Jul 2020, 7:25 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Wonder if this will go on the 97 to compare against the Enviro 200's?

Would it not be more likely to go on one of the routes that's planned to be electrified to compare against the Yutongs that they have on order?
(08 Jul 2020, 6:20 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]The Optare Metrocity EV demonstrator, 9070 (YJ19 HUV), has returned to Go North East, for further evaluation after recent use at Arriva Midlands.
Let's hope more reliable than the last time it was up  Undecided
(08 Jul 2020, 8:17 am)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Let's hope more reliable than the last time it was up  Undecided

It has ran successfully with Arriva Midlands for the entire duration of the Coronavirus crisis, so fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(08 Jul 2020, 8:18 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]It has ran successfully with Arriva Midlands for the entire duration of the Coronavirus crisis, so fingers crossed!

Out 1 day then SORNd at the back of the depot  Big Grin
(08 Jul 2020, 8:23 am)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Out 1 day then SORNd at the back of the depot  Big Grin

I don't understand how they can make EVs so unreliable, there's very few parts to go wrong (in comparison to an ICE vehicle anyway)
(08 Jul 2020, 8:58 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]I don't understand how they can make EVs so unreliable, there's very few parts to go wrong (in comparison to an ICE vehicle anyway)
Not only that its ugly as sin
(08 Jul 2020, 9:02 am)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Not only that its ugly as sin

You know what, I actually don't mind it! It's a bit too happy, but still better than an E200MMC IMO
(08 Jul 2020, 9:09 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]You know what, I actually don't mind it! It's a bit too happy, but still better than an E200MMC IMO
Its styling is like a happy L94. Love the asymmetry of E200
(08 Jul 2020, 10:01 am)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Its styling is like a happy L94. Love the asymmetry of E200

To me, the E200 just looks like it's having a stroke!
(08 Jul 2020, 7:45 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Would it not be more likely to go on one of the routes that's planned to be electrified to compare against the Yutongs that they have on order?

Maybe but hasn't it already been on the 53/54, which are getting the electric buses?
(08 Jul 2020, 10:05 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]To me, the E200 just looks like it's having a stroke!
No that was Dart SLF Caetano!!!
Martjin confirmed tonight on his live stream that its going on the 53/54 compare again, 58 and probables the Quaylinks - looking ahead to looking for fleet replacements over the next 2 years.

Also confirmed that the next lot of electric buses will probs go on the 58

Edit: some reason the video has been removed.
(08 Jul 2020, 5:20 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Martjin confirmed tonight on his live stream that its going on the 53/54 compare again, 58 and probables the Quaylinks - looking ahead to looking for fleet replacements over the next 2 years.

Also confirmed that the next lot of electric buses will probable go on the 58

It won't be used on the 58. Hasn't got the capacity, especially in the current climate.

It'll enter service next week on the 53/54, requires MOT on 1 August, then be used on the Q3 on its return (providing the Mobitec smart blind can be updated).
(08 Jul 2020, 5:31 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It won't be used on the 58. Hasn't got the capacity, especially in the current climate.

It'll enter service next week on the 53/54, requires MOT on 1 August, then be used on the Q3 on its return (providing the Mobitec smart blind can be updated).

Ah right, just going by what Martjin said!
(08 Jul 2020, 5:31 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It won't be used on the 58. Hasn't got the capacity, especially in the current climate.

How long's it staying for? Assuming it's quite a while if it's going on the Q3 later on.

And hang on, is that a digital blind?
(10 Jul 2020, 9:50 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]How long's it staying for? Assuming it's quite a while if it's going on the Q3 later on.

And hang on, is that a digital blind?

It’s a Mobitec “smart blind”, like what is specified in London.

[Image: 50107914023_fa24609b24_c.jpg]Go North East 9070 / YJ19 HUV by kieron mathews, on Flickr

9070 has entered service properly today, it did a couple of runs on Friday but hasn’t run until today all day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk