North East Buses

Full Version: Illuminated Cant Rails | ADL Enviro 200s & ADL Enviro 400s
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone if the E200 are still due to have the cant rail lights fitted? I know they were supposed to be retrofitted on to the Green Arrow branded ones with corp already having them fitted
(13 Jul 2020, 11:59 am)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Does anyone if the E200 are still due to have the cant rail lights fitted? I know they were supposed to be retrofitted on to the Green Arrow branded ones with corp already having them fitted

I would imagine something like that would be at the bottom of the list of things to do at the minute, wouldn't be surprised if they just canned that idea completely, unless it's already pre-wired internally and they just need to stick them on.
(13 Jul 2020, 12:05 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]I would imagine something like that would be at the bottom of the list of things to do at the minute, wouldn't be surprised if they just canned that idea completely, unless it's already pre-wired internally and they just need to stick them on.
I'd happily pop to B&Q, get few LED strips and bash em on  Wink I just think it makes them look 100 times better, specially at night
(13 Jul 2020, 12:10 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]I'd happily pop to B&Q, get few LED strips and bash em on  Wink I just think it makes them look 100 times better, specially at night

B&Q are a bloody rip off for LED strips, I got all mine for the new kitchen from Amazon. 

I still haven't seen the corporate E200 with the cant rail illuminated, looks good on the E400s though!
(13 Jul 2020, 12:15 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]B&Q are a bloody rip off for LED strips, I got all mine for the new kitchen from Amazon. 

I still haven't seen the corporate E200 with the cant rail illuminated, looks good on the E400s though!
Think E400s only have short strip above door on top deck. Be interesting to see if Streetdecks gain them too.
Yea ones from Amazon canny
(13 Jul 2020, 12:20 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Think E400s only have short strip above door on top deck. Be interesting to see if Streetdecks gain them too.
Yea ones from Amazon canny

Yeah, they've just got them on the gold sections.

The StreetDeck that was delivered to Oxford had them installed the full length, so I'd imagine that'd be how the rest will arrive

[Image: 50004879393_0b91d264ef_c.jpg]Oxford Bus Company: ??? / NK20EKT by Daniel Graham, on Flickr
(13 Jul 2020, 12:25 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Yeah, they've just got them on the gold sections.

The StreetDeck that was delivered to Oxford had them installed the full length, so I'd imagine that'd be how the rest will arrive

[Image: 50004879393_0b91d264ef_c.jpg]Oxford Bus Company: ??? / NK20EKT by Daniel Graham, on Flickr
Ah yes can see them. Didnt notice previously. And they have illuminated logo too. Certainly sets it off
Noticed a couple of Green Arrow E200s (or maybe its the same one?) over the last few nights and the full length cant rail lights were super bright green - very eye catching! Have they only recently been fitted/turned on?
(23 Oct 2020, 8:21 am)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]Noticed a couple of Green Arrow E200s (or maybe its the same one?) over the last few nights and the full length cant rail lights were super bright green - very eye catching! Have they only recently been fitted/turned on?
5498 definately had them fitted however think the green arrows have been retrofitted. Nice to see they got got round to it  Smile
Do these cant rail lights change colour depending on what route they're on, or are they a fixed colour?
(03 Nov 2020, 12:21 pm)omnicity4659 wrote [ -> ]Do these cant rail lights change colour depending on what route they're on, or are they a fixed colour?

I noticed yesterday that the cant rail lights on the StreetDecks change white when the doors are opened, so they are definitely colour-changing. I think they are set at orange to represent gold.
(04 Nov 2020, 12:18 am)BeachBoy99 wrote [ -> ]I noticed yesterday that the cant rail lights on the StreetDecks change white when the doors are opened, so they are definitely colour-changing. I think they are set at orange to represent gold.

They should market them as 'gamer' buses since they're covered in RGB!