North East Buses

Full Version: Brighton Omnidekka's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dan has post on his Twitter today, that GNE are to receive more Omnidekka's from Brighton, in the photo's - i can see 4 but not sure if there's more or only those 4.

https://twitter.com/Dan3942/status/1299674149879779329

---

Will they take the fleet numbers: 6172, 6173, 6174, 6175? (currently there's a gap between 6171-6176)
Looks good, any idea which depot will get them.
The ones with DP seating in are really comfortable. I've done a 12X in Brighton on 919 before.
I'm not sure the history of these but from the photos those buses are in horrible condition internally. Threadbare seats, 2 seats replaced upstairs with 2 totally different designs, panels above a different colour where the adverts have been, paint peeling of the grab rails and under the seats, patching of the flooring downstairs with metal and no effort to make it blend in especially when they're not 'that' old.

Makes you appreciate the north east operators having better standards.
(30 Aug 2020, 11:57 am)Storx wrote [ -> ]I'm not sure the history of these but from the photos those buses are in horrible condition internally. Threadbare seats, 2 seats replaced upstairs with 2 totally different designs, panels above a different colour where the adverts have been, paint peeling of the grab rails and under the seats, patching of the flooring downstairs with metal and no effort to make it blend in especially when they're not 'that' old.

Makes you appreciate the north east operators having better standards.

If a vehicle is in horrible condition internally, you can almost guarantee it spent at least some time on a scholars service
(30 Aug 2020, 12:14 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]If a vehicle is in horrible condition internally, you can almost guarantee it spent at least some time on a scholars service

Why go for 07 reg onmidekkas when theres 11 plate geminis and 13 reg e400s on the market. Will have euro 6 engines in case of emergency and a better quailitt interior.

https://www.ensignbus.com/2011-volvo-b9tls.html
https://www.ensignbus.com/2013-enviro-400s.html
(30 Aug 2020, 2:52 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]Why go for 07 reg onmidekkas when theres 11 plate geminis and 13 reg e400s on the market. Will have euro 6 engines in case of emergency and a better quailitt interior.

https://www.ensignbus.com/2011-volvo-b9tls.html
https://www.ensignbus.com/2013-enviro-400s.html

You do realise there's a pandemic and very little cash coming into the company at the moment...?

These four OmniDekkas are on loan to assist with extra vehicle requirements for scholars, with Go North East having been awarded some short-notice contracts to operate duplicate services on both the main network as well as scholars services.

Even if they weren't on loan and they were permanent acquisitions, keeping assets moving around within the group is a low-cost option, whereas to buy pre-owned vehicles from a dealer like Ensign would come at a very big cost.
I know that but would cost of internal repair bring the total cost up, if the buses are in a poor state.
Are there quality standards or will people just have to except it because their loanees.
forgive my ignorance but do go north east have to pay for buses from other subsidiaries under the Go Ahead banner?
(30 Aug 2020, 12:14 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]If a vehicle is in horrible condition internally, you can almost guarantee it spent at least some time on a scholars service

All of the Omnidekkas which have been arrived have been pretty nasty when they first turned up with dirty, ripped, threadbare seats, but I guess that's down to their age.

Whilst some have hit the road like that which isn't great on front line work, to be fair to GNE, they have re-trimmed them and they're much better presented now.

It'll be interesting to see if these stick around for the longer term.
(30 Aug 2020, 3:40 pm)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]forgive my ignorance but do go north east have to pay for buses from other subsidiaries under the Go Ahead banner?

Generally with the big groups yes, I know that Arriva subsidiaries will purchase buses from others so its quite possible that GNE have paid to have these Omnidekkas.
Cheers big O. I was just under the impression they would just move them around rather then have to pay for them. Learn something everyday,
Confirmed today in the GNE Fleet news update, that the 4 Omnidekka's are only on loan.
According to the Official Brighton and Hove enthusiast section, the 4 Omnidekka's currently on loan are now pending sale:

685 YN57 FYP 2007 BH3 Transferred 29/08/2020 Scania Omnidekka Go-Ahead North East Pending sale
686 YN57 FYF 2007 BH3 Transferred 29/08/2020 Scania Omnidekka Go-Ahead North East Pending sale
687 YN57 FYG 2007 BH3 Transferred 29/08/2020 Scania Omnidekka Go-Ahead North East Pending sale
688 YN57 FYH 2007 BH3 Transferred 29/08/2020 Scania Omnidekka Go-Ahead North East Pending sale

Looks like GNE might of bought them?

http://history.buses.co.uk/history/curre...elcome.htm
More tat
More moaning on the forum
(29 Nov 2020, 4:14 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]More moaning on the forum

Yay! Really old uncomfortable buses being bought! Wooo! 

Roll on the January fare rises so we can all celebrate together.
(29 Nov 2020, 4:31 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Yay! Really old uncomfortable buses being bought! Wooo! 

Roll on the January fare rises so we can all celebrate together.

Of the many, many things I hate about the Omnidekkas, the comfort certainly isn't one of them. 

Plus, hasn't it already been confirmed that these buses wouldn't end up on public services, only on school contracts? (barring the temporary duplicate services)
If that's still the case, then surely the fare rises would be a lot more substantial if they had to order new or nearly new buses for those kinds of jobs
(30 Aug 2020, 3:10 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]You do realise there's a pandemic and very little cash coming into the company at the moment...?

These four OmniDekkas are on loan to assist with extra vehicle requirements for scholars, with Go North East having been awarded some short-notice contracts to operate duplicate services on both the main network as well as scholars services.

Even if they weren't on loan and they were permanent acquisitions, keeping assets moving around within the group is a low-cost option, whereas to buy pre-owned vehicles from a dealer like Ensign would come at a very big cost.

I can back this up following a conversation I had with a CLS Driver on the 21 a few weeks back, He was doing 11 hours shifts and had only taken shy of £20 over the two days he had worked in that week, More passengers are using Bus Passes or like myself are purchasing tickets via the App prior to boarding the bus.

Just out of curiosity could GNE not sell the current fleet of Omnidekkas back into the Go-Ahead Group in Part Exchange for Volvo B9's from London for example in order to keep costs to a minimum. 

Would I right be right in saying the current Omnidekkas would be valued at £40,000 to £50,000 a piece given there age, total of 32 03/04/54 reg in fleet livery would give a value of up to £1.6 Million
(29 Nov 2020, 5:17 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I can back this up following a conversation I had with a CLS Driver on the 21 a few weeks back, He was doing 11 hours shifts and had only taken shy of £20 over the two days he had worked in that week, More passengers are using Bus Passes or like myself are purchasing tickets via the App prior to boarding the bus.

Just out of curiosity could GNE not sell the current fleet of Omnidekkas back into the Go-Ahead Group in Part Exchange for Volvo B9's from London for example in order to keep costs to a minimum. 

Would I right be right in saying the current Omnidekkas would be valued at £40,000 to £50,000 a piece given there age, total of 32 03/04/54 reg in fleet livery would give a value of up to £1.6 Million

Remember you have to convert them to single door aswell which isn't cheap or have them double door which is less than ideal and takes up capacity.

Also weren't they just on loan the 4 Omnidekkas aswell? Surprised they haven't fell apart though like most things East Lanc built in there later years ie the 57 plate VDL's at Durham.
Pages: 1 2