North East Buses

Full Version: South Shields Dart 35188
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to bus times Shields Dart 35188 has migrated to Aldershot.
It’s about time they got rid of it, let someone else use it for a change!
(02 Sep 2020, 6:23 pm)ifm001 wrote [ -> ]According to bus times Shields Dart 35188 has migrated to Aldershot.
A certain former member won't be happy then that shields have lost a bus.  

I can't help but think it would make sense where possible to standardise each depot in the short term so all remaining E300 at Stockton darts at Hartlepool for example.  At the moment it does seem Hartlepool are managing with the buses already here but with how unreliable they are I think having a dart and E300 as reserve wouldn't be a bad thing.
(03 Sep 2020, 5:27 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]A certain former member won't be happy then that shields have lost a bus.  

I can't help but think it would make sense where possible to standardise each depot in the short term so all remaining E300 at Stockton darts at Hartlepool for example.  At the moment it does seem Hartlepool are managing with the buses already here but with how unreliable they are I think having a dart and E300 as reserve wouldn't be a bad thing.

Look at the poster above, that's all I'm going to say.

Is there enough buses around for spares now? I know Stagecoach have contracted out some work out to GNE (was mentioned yesterday) so it seems they're in a pretty desperate place. Can't imagine contracting to your main competitor would be a first resort.
It’s just a case of anyone covering anything at the moment. Some duplicates for Arriva are being operated by Hodgsons for example.
I've missed the posts about contacting to GNE. Any links please Smile