North East Buses

Full Version: East Midlands Bus Operations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
(30 Sep 2015, 8:36 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Better image:

[Image: 21222956294_d74030667d.jpg]Bus and Coach live 2015 by Lewis, on Flickr

Looks really good, beats GNE Red Arrows brand!
A graphical representation of the Derby - Chesterfield  Red Arrow route has been released. Trent Barton have released a statement which is: "While we’re getting your new buses ready you may see yellow buses on the route, which will be helping out whilst we get the new ones ready." Obviously referring to the soon to be ex-Two eclipses.
Notts and Derby Optare Solo SR 510 (YJ65 EPF) entered service a couple of days ago:
It was a double launch for trentbarton today for 'the Two' and 'red arrow':
The new 'Comet' livery (Derby - Chesterfield former-Red Arrow route) has been revealed:

[Image: 22414895027_e9a15d75af.jpg]trentbarton the comet 747 FJ09 XPF by mattb251, on Flickr
Not a fan of the Comet branding. It reminds me of somewhere I'd go for a new TV or Washer.
(06 Nov 2015, 10:42 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Not a fan of the Comet branding. It reminds me of somewhere I'd go for a new TV or Washer.

I know exactly what you mean. The logo is too similar along with the black background colour.
(06 Nov 2015, 10:42 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Not a fan of the Comet branding. It reminds me of somewhere I'd go for a new TV or Washer.

It's not just because it's called "Comet" is it?

Looks alright although I do see where you are coming from.

The orange and Comet do remind me of the Comet stores..!

The brand is alright, in my opinion.
(06 Nov 2015, 9:12 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]The new 'Comet' livery (Derby - Chesterfield former-Red Arrow route) has been revealed:

[Image: 22414895027_e9a15d75af.jpg]trentbarton the comet 747 FJ09 XPF by mattb251, on Flickr

There have been comments in the past and quite recently, about GNE copying or being inspired by Trent Barton.
Brand names or even liveries, have an uncanny similarity...

Got to say, that the roles have been reversed and this bad boy wouldn't look out of place on the valley or passing the QE.
This one slipped me by. Interesting though.

Trent Barton have cancelled their services to Ruddington.
https://www.trentbarton.co.uk/home/ruddi...scontinued
They have blamed the tram and associated works.
Wellglade have a share in the tram network.

NCT have stepped in to fill the gap.
https://www.nctx.co.uk/2015/09/nottingha...bus-links/
NCT had a share in the tram network.
Scania Irizar 75 (FJ10 OXR) is rumoured to be being repainted into the new Red Arrow to act as a spare alongside the new triangle coaches.

The 4 former 'the Two' branded Volvo B7RLEs that are not being repainted for the Comet will be repainted and branded for 'the Black Cat'.
(11 Nov 2015, 9:49 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Scania Irizar 75 (FJ10 OXR) is rumoured to be being repainted into the new Red Arrow to act as a spare alongside the new tri-axle coaches.

It has now emerged from the paintshop:
Enviro 200MMC demonstrator YX65 RLO is currently with Trent Barton. It arrived at their Langley Mill depot today.

[Image: 23587984856_7fec5a78a5.jpg]Alexander Dennis YX65 RLO-002 by mattb251, on Flickr
Hulleys of Baslow have purchased Enviro200 YX11CSY from Whitelaws.

Photo @ Yorkshire Paper Buses & Bus Photos
TrentBarton will be holding 'Free Ride Sundays' between 10am and 11am again this year:
https://www.trentbarton.co.uk/freeridesunday
(03 Jan 2016, 9:41 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]TrentBarton will be holding 'Free Ride Sundays' between 10am and 11am again this year:
https://www.trentbarton.co.uk/freeridesunday
Quite a good idea.

I've always thought we should do more to encourage Sunday travel up here, even if to alleviate some congestion from Saturdays. Perhaps half price day tickets or something, given that you don't have the flexibility of a weekday or Saturday.
(03 Jan 2016, 11:25 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Quite a good idea.

I've always thought we should do more to encourage Sunday travel up here, even if to alleviate some congestion from Saturdays. Perhaps half price day tickets or something, given that you don't have the flexibility of a weekday or Saturday.

Yes, I agree.

If their single tickets are priced anything what they're like up here, they'll make their money back straight away by people returning home in the afternoon and buying a single ticket.
TrentBarton's indigo service is due to go under refurbishment from 31st January (according to Matt Burley). This will also see the frequency of the service drop from every 6-7 minutes to every 10 minutes between Nottingham and Long Eaton. This should, obviously reduce the PVR from 22 vehicles.
(04 Jan 2016, 7:53 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]TrentBarton's indigo service is due to go under refurbishment from 31st January (according to Matt Burley). This will also see the frequency of the service drop from every 6-7 minutes to every 10 minutes between Nottingham and Long Eaton. This should, obviously reduce the PVR from 22 vehicles.

Any reason why the PVR is reducing?
Purely from my own observations, it is a corridor that seems to witness unspecified delays, but one that seems over bused too.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12