North East Buses

Full Version: Stanley Travel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(25 Mar 2014, 4:58 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]ON02 STX is allocated to the Cathedral Bus. I however don't know why you are seeing the SRs on there since they have both been returned.

Just ON02 STX I've seen today. Any idea why the SRs have been returned? Thought the cathedral bus was contractual Euro 5?
(25 Mar 2014, 5:00 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Just ON02 STX I've seen today. Any idea why the SRs have been returned? Thought the cathedral bus was contractual Euro 5?

They are on loan to Phoenix at the moment. They've got the electric solos too, not sure why they aren't using them though.
(25 Mar 2014, 5:00 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Just ON02 STX I've seen today. Any idea why the SRs have been returned? Thought the cathedral bus was contractual Euro 5?

The SRs were only loans until the Solo came back fully converted to electric, weren't they?
(25 Mar 2014, 5:09 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]The SRs were only loans until the Solo came back fully converted to electric, weren't they?

They were already electric from when Yourbus used them on the Contract but they don't seem to be used on the Cathedral bus that often. I really can't see them keeping this contract for long though. The allocations are all over the place!
(25 Mar 2014, 5:09 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]The SRs were only loans until the Solo came back fully converted to electric, weren't they?

Wasn't sure that it was electric as I seen it from the window. Will have a look out tomorrow.
(25 Mar 2014, 5:08 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]They are on loan to Phoenix at the moment. They've got the electric solos too, not sure why they aren't using them though.

I think it maybe due to the fact that they are still carrying part of the Lindisfarne Gospels branding over their windows so they are possibly having that removed.
(25 Mar 2014, 5:13 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Wasn't sure that it was electric as I seen it from the window. Will have a look out tomorrow.

ON02 STX is not an electric solo, he is on about the YJ60 --- examples Yourbus used when they had the contract.
(25 Mar 2014, 5:13 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Wasn't sure that it was electric as I seen it from the window. Will have a look out tomorrow.

Says something on the rear along the lines of "I'm electric!" iirc.
Sure I got a photo on Saturday.
(25 Mar 2014, 5:14 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Says something on the rear along the lines of "I'm electric!" iirc.
Sure I got a photo on Saturday.

The 3 electric Solos are meant to be used but they're not the most reliable machines. They've been off the road for months having engineering work done I believe (hence the loan of the 2 SRs from Dawsons Rentals for the first few months... These have now been returned, they were in the yard on Sunday, one has now turned up at Phoenix!).

Yourbus also used 1604 YJ60KFP as their diesel spare, which was used the majority of the time, so ON02STX will be Stanley's dedicated spare I presume.
(25 Mar 2014, 8:06 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]The 3 electric Solos are meant to be used but they're not the most reliable machines. They've been off the road for months having engineering work done I believe (hence the loan of the 2 SRs from Dawsons Rentals for the first few months... These have now been returned, they were in the yard on Sunday, one has now turned up at Phoenix!).

Yourbus also used 1604 YJ60KFP as their diesel spare, which was used the majority of the time, so ON02STX will be Stanley's dedicated spare I presume.

Just over a year ago, was heading to the station one night and there was an electric solo being towed back to Hetton.
Never saw another one being given a lift home, but if they are that unreliable, it may have happened more than once.
(25 Mar 2014, 9:14 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Just over a year ago, was heading to the station one night and there was an electric solo being towed back to Hetton.
Never saw another one being given a lift home, but if they are that unreliable, it may have happened more than once.

Those electric solos can not survive a whole day on the road. It has to be swapped over at some point which im suggesting is the point of the 3rd electric solo and ON02 STX. I think it may of been a case where the charge just ran out as it doesn't last that many hours.
(25 Mar 2014, 9:39 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Those electric solos can not survive a whole day on the road. It has to be swapped over at some point which im suggesting is the point of the 3rd electric solo and ON02 STX. I think it may of been a case where the charge just ran out as it doesn't last that many hours.

Yeah I saw in the tender documents that there was one diagram that was too long for one bus to complete so that got swapped over at lunchtime, the other one was out for a shorter time and therefore could be completed within the battery life of one vehicle. The dead mileage from Oxhill should be fairly similar so they've probably got a similar timetable in place, with the diesel one as backup.
(25 Mar 2014, 9:44 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Yeah I saw in the tender documents that there was one diagram that was too long for one bus to complete so that got swapped over at lunchtime, the other one was out for a shorter time and therefore could be completed within the battery life of one vehicle. The dead mileage from Oxhill should be fairly similar so they've probably got a similar timetable in place, with the diesel one as backup.

Id say its about 8-9 possibly even 10 miles from Oxhill to Durham which id personally say is a shorter distance than Yourbus from Hetton therefore I cant really see them having that much trouble with them.
The Enviro is running the 23 today
Hi everyone been a while I was wondering does anyone know the fleet list for Stanley travel coz am lost on how many solo they have
(05 Apr 2014, 10:42 pm)James Moss Mccrossan wrote [ -> ]Hi everyone been a while I was wondering does anyone know the fleet list for Stanley travel coz am lost on how many solo they have

Check out tyresmoke's site - www.northeastbus.co.uk
(05 Apr 2014, 10:42 pm)James Moss Mccrossan wrote [ -> ]Hi everyone been a while I was wondering does anyone know the fleet list for Stanley travel coz am lost on how many solo they have

There is now just 4:
ON02 STX - Diesel Solo previously registered MX05 OTJ
YX60 KFL - Electric Solo for Cathedral Bus
YX60 KFK - Electric Solo for Cathedral Bus
YX60 KFN - Electric Solo for Cathedral Bus
Thanks Robert do they still have the mpds
(06 Apr 2014, 9:15 am)James Moss Mccrossan wrote [ -> ]Thanks Robert do they still have the mpds

Yep. Y40 and OO05 are still going well although I think Y40 is currently off the road (again!). I shall see what is its usual home (706/707/708) tomorrow.
(06 Apr 2014, 9:36 am)Robert wrote [ -> ]Yep. Y40 and OO05 are still going well although I think Y40 is currently off the road (again!). I shall see what is its usual home (706/707/708) tomorrow.

how come its off the road like what normally does the 23