North East Buses

Full Version: Service changes - 31st October 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
From Saturday 31 October, we’ll be increasing some services further and making changes to some others.

You can view all the new timetables in our timetables and maps section or by clicking the links below – simply select your service and change the calendar to your desired date.

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/service-in...31-october
(13 Oct 2020, 11:39 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]From Saturday 31 October, we’ll be increasing some services further and making changes to some others.

You can view all the new timetables in our timetables and maps section or by clicking the links below – simply select your service and change the calendar to your desired date.

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/service-in...31-october

Still no changes to the evening X21 though! Rather irritating that the last X21 still leaves Newcastle at 9pm,
Noticed on the Q3 timetable, that its down as the "Quaycity" - not Quaylink.

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/services/GNE/Q3

Edit: you have to change the date to after the changes for it to appear.
(13 Oct 2020, 3:58 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Noticed on the Q3 timetable, that its down as the "Quaycity" - not Quaylink.

Branding looks canny tbf
Basically confirmed the North Tyneside network as dead then
(13 Oct 2020, 4:06 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]Basically confirmed the North Tyneside network as dead then

What?!
(13 Oct 2020, 3:58 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Noticed on the Q3 timetable, that its down as the "Quaycity" - not Quaylink.

More repaints? or a change of vehicle type?

I'd better get the camera out and catch the green Quaylinks quick.....
(13 Oct 2020, 4:45 pm)busmanT wrote [ -> ]More repaints? or a change of vehicle type?

Probable's keep the Versa's, sure they've been upgraded to Euro 6?
(13 Oct 2020, 4:55 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Probable's keep the Versa's, sure they've been upgraded to Euro 6?

Aren't the Versas supposed to be going in for a refurb as well?
(13 Oct 2020, 4:45 pm)busmanT wrote [ -> ]More repaints? or a change of vehicle type?

Possibly reallocation of LB and SB versas. Dan did say that 8303 was supposed to be withdrawn next year....so I'd imagine either allocation of 11 or 63 plate versas
The colours on the 56 are interesting. Hope that's a peek into the future as the colours reallly do work well together
(13 Oct 2020, 4:39 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]What?!
Far from dead. Evening Coaster journeys increased previously. Cobalts running at similar frequency to what they ran during the evenings before Jan 2020 when 311 was introduced. And for the first time since 2009, a service after 10pm serving the full route to Blyth on the 309.
Brave move to increase services, wonder if they’ll be tweaked back when we go to Tier 3 alert.

Although the font and colours look very smart and modern, I can’t believe they’d change the name of Quaylink. 

Anywho, have you noticed the Q1&2 don’t have the same style branded timetables? 

Also, new Crusader logo:
https://passenger-line-assets.s3.eu-west...35641e.pdf
(13 Oct 2020, 4:06 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]Basically confirmed the North Tyneside network as dead then

It's been dead for awhile imo unless you only travel during the day or live on the Coast Road / the 1 route. Arriva being much more attractive on the 306 / 308 for other parts since their more frequent and cheaper which some won't agree with on here but it's a fact.

(13 Oct 2020, 9:10 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Brave move to increase services, wonder if they’ll be tweaked back when we go to Tier 3 alert.

The other 2 operators brought back their evening services months ago I wouldn't call it brave tbh.

Also the Saltwell Park still has the green colours on the 54 timetable for those interested. The Quaycity brand looks nicer from what's shown though even known idm the Quaylink brand.

The timetables really need to change for Chester Le Street aswell since they always use the Red Lion as the bus stop name but it's Front Street and the pub it's named after has been shut for years now, there's quite a few places like that and for someone who's never used a bus it's quite confusing.
(13 Oct 2020, 9:37 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]It's been dead for awhile imo unless you only travel during the day or live on the Coast Road / the 1 route. Arriva being much more attractive on the 306 / 308 for other parts since their more frequent and cheaper which some won't agree with on here but it's a fact.

It depends where you're travelling to though.

I live in Bishop where GNE only operate the X21, the rest of the services are operated by Arriva. Despite this, to me GNE is much more attractive because they offer more services north of Durham which is where I generally travel to. If I was just travelling locally I'd stick with Arriva.

I think the same can be said for GNE's offerings in North Tyneside, if you generally travel south of the tyne, GNE will probably be your best bet, but if you go north, then Arriva is probably better.

(13 Oct 2020, 9:37 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]The timetables really need to change for Chester Le Street aswell since they always use the Red Lion as the bus stop name but it's Front Street and the pub it's named after has been shut for years now, there's quite a few places like that and for someone who's never used a bus it's quite confusing.

Especially for people like me who don't really drink. Unless it's a Spoons I probably don't know where it is!

I get that it's easier to use name of a 'landmark' rather than the proper stop name, but I'd prefer it if they just used the actual stop name, at least that way it's the same as the name in Google Maps!
I like the style of timetables they’re going for, some of them don’t include logos though which looks like a little oversight. I like the ones with maps too.
One for Dan to maybe raise, I noticed the 60 & 202 reference ‘Stavordale Road’ in Dawdon when it’s actually ‘Stavordale Street’.
Not sure if it's been asked before but is the Metrocentre Circular gone for good? 
The stops at IKEA and in the car parks aren't on the map anymore so I guess it is.
(14 Oct 2020, 1:07 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Not sure if it's been asked before but is the Metrocentre Circular gone for good? 
The stops at IKEA and in the car parks aren't on the map anymore so I guess it is.
Has the Coaster 1A / 1B extension to IKEA not replaced it in part?

(13 Oct 2020, 9:37 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]It's been dead for awhile imo unless you only travel during the day or live on the Coast Road / the 1 route. Arriva being much more attractive on the 306 / 308 for other parts since their more frequent and cheaper which some won't agree with on here but it's a fact.
But with the CAZ due to come into force, Arriva are going to need new vehicles at somepoint and the only way they're going to afford that is by streamlining & downsizing. Not completely through and through cuts but of the 306 & 308 can offer (depending on vehicle size) the same amount of capacity on a 10 minute frequency combined between Billy Mill and Newcastle using 20% fewer vehicles (including extension of 51A to Marden / Whitley Bay replacing 306 and 359).

As mentioned in the future orders thread, Arriva are only running a 15 minute service on the unique section of the 308 for convenience.
(14 Oct 2020, 4:55 am)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]Has the Coaster 1A / 1B extension to IKEA not replaced it in part?

The 1A/B only go as far as Metrocentre ASDA still a walk to get to IKEA
Pages: 1 2 3 4