North East Buses

Full Version: Go-Ahead Northern History
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know which years Expresslink and Northern Superliner were introduced as I am working on a photographic timeline, some of it I have worked out from looking at the Bygone Era Timeline.

Decided to do this follow contact from the Go-Ahead Group Communications Team for use of a few of my photos for promotional purposes which have also been used by Go North East and Northern Echo in recent weeks.
(19 Oct 2020, 9:03 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Does anyone know which years Expresslink and Northern Superliner were introduced as I am working on a photographic timeline, some of it I have worked out from looking at the Bygone Era Timeline.

Decided to do this follow contact from the Go-Ahead Group Communications Team for use of a few of my photos for promotional purposes which have also been used by Go North East and Northern Echo in recent weeks.

Can't give you exact dates, but pretty sure the ExpressLink services came first and was just before or just after de-reg.
Assuming the uprated Cxxx OCN Metrobuses were painted new, there's a decent enough starting point. 
There were some incarnations prior, such as Tyne Link, but they were National ops, rather than Go-Ahead. 

Going forwards, I seem to think Superliner came about after the strikes in 91 and when operations were all split up, with that the name given to the County Durham based express network.
I'd give that brand around 5 or 6 years max before disappearing along with WearExpress etc
(19 Oct 2020, 9:51 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Can't give you exact dates, but pretty sure the ExpressLink services came first and was just before or just after de-reg.
Assuming the uprated Cxxx OCN Metrobuses were painted new, there's a decent enough starting point. 
There were some incarnations prior, such as Tyne Link, but they were National ops, rather than Go-Ahead. 

Going forwards, I seem to think Superliner came about after the strikes in 91 and when operations were all split up, with that the name given to the County Durham based express network.
I'd give that brand around 5 or 6 years max before disappearing along with WearExpress etc
The CxxxOCN  metrobuses were dilivered as such 3749 - 3764 In yellow and white ( the yellow was a different shade to Tyne & Wear yellow) and go ahead northern fleet names, 3765 - 3778 red & white 3779 -3789 Express link fitted with coach seating.

The CxxxOCN metrobuses were dilivered 3749 - 3764 Yellow & White with Go Ahead Northern fleet names (The Yellow was a different shade to the Tyne & Wear PTE yellow) ,3765 - 3778 Red & White,3779 - 3789 Express Link with coach seating
Pretty sure the Olympians 3520-3523 entered service in Tyne Link livery in 1985?? . Where as the metrobuses and five Tigers 5101-5105 entered service in 1986 in ExpressLink livery.
Out of the 4 Olympians, 3520 and 3521 were delivered in Expresslink, 3522 and 3523 in Tynelink.