North East Buses

Full Version: Vehicle Fuel Economy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As a top speed post was created, perhaps we should do one for fuel economy.

Volvo:
- B5TL
- B5LH
- B9TL

ADL:
- E200MMC
- E400MMC

WrightBus:
- StreetLite MAX
- StreetLite MH (Cummins)
- StreetLite MH (Daimler)
- StreetDeck OM934
- StreetDeck OM936
(25 Oct 2020, 12:23 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]As a top speed post was created, perhaps we should do one for fuel economy.

Volvo:
- B5TL
- B5LH
- B9TL

ADL:
- E200MMC
- E400MMC

WrightBus:
- StreetLite MAX
- StreetLite MH (Cummins)
- StreetLite MH (Daimler)
- StreetDeck OM934
- StreetDeck OM936

Pretty sure Dan said that there's basically zero chance of GNE's actual fuel economy figures being released.

I'd honestly be quite intrigued by a route by route break down of fuel economy, like StreetDecks on the X1 vs X21 vs X45/46/47, even if it's not the actual figures but say they get 1mpg more on the X1 vs X21 etc.
i may have dreamt this but im sure there were green sticker in the cabs of buses ( not sure which company) reminding them that the way they drive is monitored and they could be paid more if they drive well and use less fuel??

My car has a monitor that rates my driving and the iother halfs ( seperate keys) she is at 80% and im down at 50. Lead foot i think
(25 Oct 2020, 2:21 pm)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]i may have dreamt this but im sure there were green sticker in the cabs of buses ( not sure which company) reminding them that the way they drive is monitored and they could be paid more if they drive well and use less fuel??

My car has a monitor that rates my driving and the iother halfs ( seperate keys) she is at 80% and im down at 50. Lead foot i think

When my mother's car was in for repair, the hire car we got had something like that. If it could have given her an 'ungraded' score, it would have. She is a firm believer in getting to the speed limit as fast as possible, so her fuel economy is absolutely abysmal. She also goes through brakes far too frequently, but because I don't drive, I'm not allowed to comment on it!