North East Buses

Full Version: Team Valley buses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, can anybody help?

Would I get the 94 there from Gateshead College and then get the 93 back from Team Valley to Gateshead Interchange?
(30 Oct 2020, 5:11 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ]Hi, can anybody help?

Would I get the 94 there from Gateshead College and then get the 93 back from Team Valley to Gateshead Interchange?

They'll both get you there. Just depends how quickly you need to be there. 
94 there, 93 back would be the quickest.
Depending on the time of day, you could have the 91 as an option too.
(30 Oct 2020, 7:00 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]They'll both get you there. Just depends how quickly you need to be there. 
94 there, 93 back would be the quickest.
Depending on the time of day, you could have the 91 as an option too.

Thank you, Andreos1.

Yes, that's what I thought - 94 there and 93 back, as the opposite way is the long way round! Forgot about the 91, so maybe the 91 there and 93 back.
(30 Oct 2020, 9:23 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ]Thank you, Andreos1.

Yes, that's what I thought - 94 there and 93 back, as the opposite way is the long way round! Forgot about the 91, so maybe the 91 there and 93 back.
Dont forget though you would have to go into Newcastle to get the 91 not Gateshead
(30 Oct 2020, 9:23 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ]Thank you, Andreos1.

I'm not sure where your coming from in Team Valley or going to in Gateshead but if your going South / East on the Metro it might be just as quick to get the 94 around to Heworth instead.
(31 Oct 2020, 12:16 am)Storx wrote [ -> ]I'm not sure where your coming from in Team Valley or going to in Gateshead but if your going South / East on the Metro it might be just as quick to get the 94 around to Heworth instead.

From Newcastle to Kingsway South, then from Kingsway South to Gateshead Interchange, back to Newcastle! So the 91 from Newcastle and the 93 from Team Valley should be the best, I think.
(31 Oct 2020, 12:40 am)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ]From Newcastle to Kingsway South, then from Kingsway South to Gateshead Interchange, back to Newcastle! So the 91 from Newcastle and the 93 from Team Valley should be the best, I think.

Yeah it will be if your going towards Newcastle. It's only really 50/50 if your heading towards South Shields / Sunderland on the Metro.
Do a limited number of 97's not also go along there or were they binned off ages ago?
(31 Oct 2020, 4:59 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]Do a limited number of 97's not also go along there or were they binned off ages ago?

Not in the past 10 years, at least, as far as I'm aware.
Thank you for your help everyone.

Would the 1A and 97 on Lobley Hill Road be an option for getting back into Newcastle too?
(01 Nov 2020, 9:56 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ]Thank you for your help everyone.

Would the 1A and 97 on Lobley Hill Road be an option for getting back into Newcastle too?
You could also get X31 X70 X71 and the 1B from that stop that go to Newcastle
(01 Nov 2020, 9:56 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ]Thank you for your help everyone.

It's a bit of a pain getting them from Gateshead College, as it's so far away from the South end where they stop, although you could change off the 93 on the South end. When I went to that college most of my friends would end up just going back to Gateshead Interchange as there was more options for them.
Thank you for the replies and help. I'm not sure if Lobley Hill Road is too much of a walk, and I knew, but forgot about the expresses along there! Just looking for alternatives back to Newcastle if the 93 doesn't show up, and the 93 only goes to Gateshead Interchange whereas the Lobley Hill Road services go into Newcastle, the expresses to Eldon Square where I need to be to get my bus home! Struggling to work out which service is best!
(02 Nov 2020, 11:45 am)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ]Thank you for the replies and help. I'm not sure if Lobley Hill Road is too much of a walk, and I knew, but forgot about the expresses along there! Just looking for alternatives back to Newcastle if the 93 doesn't show up, and the 93 only goes to Gateshead Interchange whereas the Lobley Hill Road services go into Newcastle, the expresses to Eldon Square where I need to be to get my bus home! Struggling to work out which service is best!

The hike along Kingsway isnt the most pleasant. Particularly in the wet. 

I've often found waiting at the stop behind Mothercare a good option. If you're coming from one of the college sites, it's only a few mins walk. Certainly quicker and easier than shanks pony up to Kingsway North/Maingate.
It's the only stop on the Valley that both the 93 and 94 share and providing you're not fussy or there are delays in one direction, it gives a bit of flexibility. 
Should the 93 not rock up, then a 94 to Chowdene, Low Fell, Beacon Lough/QE, Felling or even Heworth (and connecting to one of the many buses to Newcastle from each of those locations) may be an idea.
As an example the 94 will drop you off at the lights just before the QE and from the very same stop, you have the X1, 56, 57 and 28 which will take you over the river.

When I've worked down there, I've always went to the Valley with the idea that I'd have no idea which way I'd get home. The open mindset, that stop behind Mothercare and knowing where connecting services operated from helped me many a time.
(02 Nov 2020, 12:17 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]The hike along Kingsway isnt the most pleasant. Particularly in the wet. 

I've often found waiting at the stop behind Mothercare a good option. If you're coming from one of the college sites, it's only a few mins walk. Certainly quicker and easier than shanks pony up to Kingsway North/Maingate.
It's the only stop on the Valley that both the 93 and 94 share and providing you're not fussy or there are delays in one direction, it gives a bit of flexibility. 
Should the 93 not rock up, then a 94 to Chowdene, Low Fell, Beacon Lough/QE, Felling or even Heworth (and connecting to one of the many buses to Newcastle from each of those locations) may be an idea.
As an example the 94 will drop you off at the lights just before the QE and from the very same stop, you have the X1, 56, 57 and 28 which will take you over the river.

When I've worked down there, I've always went to the Valley with the idea that I'd have no idea which way I'd get home. The open mindset, that stop behind Mothercare and knowing where connecting services operated from helped me many a time.

It's for work not college, but thanks for the help. I need to figure out what's the quickest way home. The 94 takes ages, the 93 is quick to Gateshead Interchange, but I'm not sure how reliable the 93/94 are. Lobley Hill Road seems quite a hike up Kingsway, but has more buses and they go to Newcastle rather than just Gateshead. Probably quickest to get the 93 and change at the Interchange, but if the 93 doesn't show up for whatever reason I'll be stuck. 

Team Valley doesn't have many bus services! The 91 seems like the best option to get there, but for getting back I'm relying on a 93 turning up or going to Lobley Hill Road for anything from there. For the Metrocentre, would the Interchange and then a bus there or Lobley Hill Road be the quickest?
(02 Nov 2020, 1:24 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ]It's for work not college, but thanks for the help. I need to figure out what's the quickest way home. The 94 takes ages, the 93 is quick to Gateshead Interchange, but I'm not sure how reliable the 93/94 are. Lobley Hill Road seems quite a hike up Kingsway, but has more buses and they go to Newcastle rather than just Gateshead. Probably quickest to get the 93 and change at the Interchange, but if the 93 doesn't show up for whatever reason I'll be stuck. 

Team Valley doesn't have many bus services! The 91 seems like the best option to get there, but for getting back I'm relying on a 93 turning up or going to Lobley Hill Road for anything from there. For the Metrocentre, would the Interchange and then a bus there or Lobley Hill Road be the quickest?

Sorry, thought you mentioned the college earlier on. 
How about the 93 to Bensham Bank and the 53 from there, straight over the Redheugh Bridge to Newcastle? 
Done that a couple of times too. Saves going in to Gateshead. 
Anything that goes from Kingsway North/Maingate to Newcastle via Gateshead is going to take just as long as the 93. They'll follow each other up the bank. All you're doing is changing buses earlier on.

I've been stuck for a 93 many a time, hence the suggestion about the 94 and changing part way round its loop. 

As for the Metrocentre, owt from Kingsway North/Maingate to the Metro will take you on a grand tour before getting anywhere near the Metrocentre.
(02 Nov 2020, 1:53 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Sorry, thought you mentioned the college earlier on. 
How about the 93 to Bensham Bank and the 53 from there, straight over the Redheugh Bridge to Newcastle? 
Done that a couple of times too. Saves going in to Gateshead. 
Anything that goes from Kingsway North/Maingate to Newcastle via Gateshead is going to take just as long as the 93. They'll follow each other up the bank. All you're doing is changing buses earlier on.

I've been stuck for a 93 many a time, hence the suggestion about the 94 and changing part way round its loop. 

As for the Metrocentre, owt from Kingsway North/Maingate to the Metro will take you on a grand tour before getting anywhere near the Metrocentre.

Apologies, I did, but I just meant the Baltic Campus bus stop for the 93/94 but I think I'll get the 91 from Newcastle instead.

So the 93 isn't reliable then? If getting the 93 from Kingsway North it's quick enough to Gateshead Interchange then I can get something into Newcastle from there. It's 3 buses home! Just two buses there as I can get the 91 from Newcastle to Team Valley, and from Lobley Hill Road it would be two buses home as they go into Newcastle. If the 93 doesn't show, get the 94 and change buses along the route? Forget Lobley Hill Road as it's quite a hike, or go for that if the 93 doesn't arrive?

Metrocentre would probably be a 93 to Gateshead Interchange then X66 to Metrocentre I guess.
(02 Nov 2020, 2:04 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ]Apologies, I did, but I just meant the Baltic Campus bus stop for the 93/94 but I think I'll get the 91 from Newcastle instead.

So the 93 isn't reliable then? If getting the 93 from Kingsway North it's quick enough to Gateshead Interchange then I can get something into Newcastle from there. It's 3 buses home! Just two buses there as I can get the 91 from Newcastle to Team Valley, and from Lobley Hill Road it would be two buses home as they go into Newcastle. If the 93 doesn't show, get the 94 and change buses along the route? Forget Lobley Hill Road as it's quite a hike, or go for that if the 93 doesn't arrive?

Metrocentre would probably be a 93 to Gateshead Interchange then X66 to Metrocentre I guess.
Depending on the times you wanted to get to the Merocentre you also have a couple of works services from Team Valley. Off the top of my head there are the 90 and 941 from Valley to Metrocentre, maybe others also.
I'm not sure where your coming from but something in the back of my head says your from the West End somewhere, couldn't you get the 941 direct from there?

https://www.nexus.org.uk/941-0
(02 Nov 2020, 4:28 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]I'm not sure where your coming from but something in the back of my head says your from the West End somewhere, couldn't you get the 941 direct from there?

https://www.nexus.org.uk/941-0

Yes, I'm from the West End. The 941 doesn't run when I need it to, otherwise I certainly would get that service direct! I'm fine getting there, bus into Newcastle centre and then a 91 to work (getting off along Kingsway). I need the 93 back to Gateshead, but I don't think it's that reliable! I have looked at Lobley Hill Road and Saltwell Park as options for a bus into Newcastle after work, but they are too far away! What do I do if the 93 is a no show? Get the 94 in the other direction? It would be marvelous to finish work in time for the 941 direct from work to home!
Pages: 1 2