North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East Christmas times.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whether you’re commuting to and from work, looking for that special Christmas gift, or visiting friends and family as part of your bubble, we have your festive travel needs wrapped up.

Our buses are clean, safe and comfy – and our services will run to normal timetables right up to, and including, Wednesday 23 December with some changes over the Christmas and New Year period.

Get on board with us for a better than ever journey to help bust congestion and improve air quality – we’ve made major upgrades to our buses, tickets, website, app and much more.

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/christmas
I have not looked at the Boxing Day timetables yet. A few that I looked up last year ran a similar frequency to Sundays.
Pretty extensive services, much more than I was expecting considering the lack of football and major retailers keeping the doors closed (plus it’s unlikely pubs will be open)
(05 Dec 2020, 4:24 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Pretty extensive services, much more than I was expecting considering the lack of football and major retailers keeping the doors closed (plus it’s unlikely pubs will be open)

Aren't most of them supported by Nexus on Boxing Day in Tyne and Wear. I know they used to be anyway. Outside of T&W there's an extremely limited service. 

Surprised that Nexus have seemingly decided to subsidise the 306 over the 1 between Tynemouth and Whitley though. It's ran the past few years from what I can remember.
(05 Dec 2020, 6:05 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Aren't most of them supported by Nexus on Boxing Day in Tyne and Wear. I know they used to be anyway. Outside of T&W there's an extremely limited service. 

Surprised that Nexus have seemingly decided to subsidise the 306 over the 1 between Tynemouth and Whitley though. It's ran the past few years from what I can remember.

The vast majority of GNE services on Boxing Day are ran commercially.  Have done a number of years now.
(05 Dec 2020, 6:35 pm)BFK wrote [ -> ]The vast majority of GNE services on Boxing Day are ran commercially.  Have done a number of years now.

Same with Stagecoach, only the E2 and E6 in Sunderland, service 7 in Newcastle, Services 10 and 11 in South Shields, which are operated with the support of Nexus
And people said Malarkey Marathons were bad...jeez
This evening I caught up with 3999 on it's Magical Christmas Santa Tour at Kells Lane in Gateshead - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...ed-public/
(18 Dec 2020, 10:54 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]This evening I caught up with 3999 on it's Magical Christmas Santa Tour at Kells Lane in Gateshead - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...ed-public/

GNE get a lot of flack, some deserved and some me and others being grumpy.

However, the goodwill and feel good factor coming out of this tour is lovely to see. It’s engaging people outside the usual community and regular passengers engaging and talking about the company, perhaps subliminally creating a mini generation who warmly associate the brand with Christmas, Whoever came up with it should be warmly congratulated and get an extra present in their stocking this year.