North East Buses

Full Version: Facebook live with Martijn Gilbert and Dan Graham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Northern Group Enthusiasts Club

Facebook Live with Martijn Gilbert and Dan Graham from Go North East on Thursday, 10 December 2020 from 18:00 UTC-19:00 UTC

https://www.facebook.com/events/2796775507270464/

[attachment=9629]
Has everyone with questions submitted them....
(09 Dec 2020, 2:13 pm)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]Has everyone with questions submitted them....

Not yet, but could be tempted :devil:
Well you have to hand it to MG, he has some patience with some of those enthusiasts, some of which seem obsessed rather than just enthusiastic.
Couple of names there I also see hounding him on Twitter.
Definitely a few ‘if they didn’t laugh they’d cry’ moments too.

Watching the video back after the event I unfortunately missed seeing the comment about someone’s Nan that MG almost read out. Anyone able to share the joke if it’s forum-safe?
Big Grin
A certain someone kept going on about the Stadium of Dispair being on the sides of the City Rider brand which got annoying fast.
(10 Dec 2020, 10:25 pm)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]Well you have to hand it to MG, he has some patience with some of those enthusiasts, some of which seem obsessed rather than just enthusiastic.

Watching the video back after the event I unfortunately missed seeing the comment about someone’s Nan that MG almost read out. Anyone able to share the joke if it’s forum-safe?
Big Grin

Honestly, seeing Dan's face when MG started to read was priceless! I can't remember exactly what it was, and unfortunately it looks like it's been deleted, but I definitely don't think it's forum safe!

(10 Dec 2020, 11:22 pm)Rapidsnap wrote [ -> ]A certain someone kept going on about the Stadium of Dispair being on the sides of the City Rider brand which got annoying fast.

That was pretty annoying like, and the constant questions about EY despite MG specifically saying he wasn't going to answer them.

If I can be arsed I might do a write up of all the questions and answers tomorrow, but I already have a couple of focus groups to transcribe for work!
(10 Dec 2020, 10:25 pm)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]Well you have to hand it to MG, he has some patience with some of those enthusiasts, some of which seem obsessed rather than just enthusiastic.

Big Grin
I'm curious as to what the comment was. Thankfully Dan has his microphone off at the time and managed to contain his giggles but it was enough to see me off laughing at the reaction

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
(11 Dec 2020, 1:14 am)6049 wrote [ -> ]I'm curious as to what the comment was. Thankfully Dan has his microphone off at the time and managed to contain his giggles but it was enough to see me off laughing at the reaction

Let's just say it involved their nan, a laser and a derriere.
(11 Dec 2020, 1:17 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Let's just say it involved their nan, a laser and a derriere.
Ahh sounds like a Hollywood procedure I'm imagining then (or rather trying not to imagine as the case may be)

(11 Dec 2020, 1:20 am)6049 wrote [ -> ]Ahh sounds like a Hollywood procedure I'm imagining then (or rather trying not to imagine as the case may be)

Something like that!

That's why I always make sure to read things in my head before reading them out loud!
(10 Dec 2020, 11:22 pm)Rapidsnap wrote [ -> ]A certain someone kept going on about the Stadium of Dispair being on the sides of the City Rider brand which got annoying fast.

Ye I could see them getting more and more annoyed as he ask more and more of the same questions.

Same when he asked about East Yorkshire, over and over.

If they haven't put St James Park on, why would they put the Stadium Of Light on?

-----

Sure it was mentioned they might decide to do the B9's in Loop Livery again and will also look at the 35 for a brand, but nothing was in the plans.

Will have to rewatch incase I misheard
(11 Dec 2020, 1:17 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Let's just say it involved their nan, a laser and a derriere.

Ah I hope it was someone off here. 
The trolling of the GNE fb page (alongside the trolling of self-appointed mods Ian Hignett and Andy Clifford) a few years ago was quality.

The mind boggles about the laser pen, someone's elderly relative and her bum though!
(11 Dec 2020, 8:07 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]If they haven't put St James Park on, why would they put the Stadium Of Light on?

-----

Sure it was mentioned they might decide to do the B9's in Loop Livery again and will also look at the 35 for a brand, but nothing was in the plans.

Will have to rewatch incase I misheard

Although in fairness the route does go straight past the Stadium of Light, it doesn’t go that as close to St. James’ Park. The point he might have been trying to make - albeit not needed more than once - is that Stadium of Light over Marley Potts on the side may have been more widely identifiable as a location. Having said that, as I mentioned in the other thread, using Southwick or Hylton Castle makes more sense than either Marley Potts or SoL. Although also having the two football stadiums, SoL & SJP on the livery design might not have been a bad design in fairness. Two cities, two bridges, two football stadiums etc. I can see why the haven’t used the stadiums for a number of reasons though, but could certainly have worked with the concept their going for of connecting the two cities and the communities along the way. 

Yes it was implied that the 35 could be branded again, which would be a good idea, it’s a long route with a high PVR (9 vehicles?) and does feel a little neglected recently. I think there was a discussion some months ago on here about the 35 being a route once thought to be at the core of the network which now feels like a little unloved! And the 93/94 being branded once again was also mentioned, not clear if that would be as Loop branded or maybe a new brand. I wonder if the 93/94 and if the Q1/Q2 breaks into two route, maybe some sort of Gateshead local brand?
Can't remember if it was MG or DG who made the comment but I totally agree with the point about paying attention to the minor details.

If you look at Arriva for instance, yes things have moved on since 2014 but little effort has been put into any of the Northumbria Express route since then.

GNE have clearly set the standard for Express travel even with a few challenges thrown in.
(11 Dec 2020, 4:39 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]Can't remember if it was MG or DG who made the comment but I totally agree with the point about paying attention to the minor details.

If you look at Arriva for instance, yes things have moved on since 2014 but little effort has been put into any of the Northumbria Express routes since then.

GNE have clearly set the standard for Express travel even with a few challenges thrown in.

FTFY Tongue