North East Buses

Full Version: Scheduling Software
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Long time viewer, first time poster!

I'm interested in some detail about the scheduling software GNE use to produce Duty Boards. Is it an off the shelf piece of kit, or bespoke to GNE? The boards seem to have been in the same format for at least the last 15 years, if not longer. I'm not aware of any other company which use the same style. Anybody know of any?

Is it simply the case that timetables are uploaded to the programme with various parameters (depot locations / relieving points / maximum driving time etc) pre-set, and the most economical Duty Boards automatically churned out for proof reading?

Rightly or (probably) wrongly, I see there are a few available for sale on eBay at the moment. I understand that there may be sensitivities in this information being publicly available  - That said, redacted versions of the LUL Duty Books are available via WhatDoTheyKnow - However, if anyone has any Percy Main examples (current or historic), they'd be of particular personal interest to me.

I've encountered VoyagerPlan and CrewPlan in the railway industry, but if anyone has any more details on the above it would be appreciated.

Thanks!
(20 Dec 2020, 7:17 pm)tynesider wrote [ -> ]Hi

Long time viewer, first time poster!

I'm interested in some detail about the scheduling software GNE use to produce Duty Boards. Is it an off the shelf piece of kit, or bespoke to GNE? The boards seem to have been in the same format for at least the last 15 years, if not longer. I'm not aware of any other company which use the same style. Anybody know of any?

Is it simply the case that timetables are uploaded to the programme with various parameters (depot locations / relieving points / maximum driving time etc) pre-set, and the most economical Duty Boards automatically churned out for proof reading?

Rightly or (probably) wrongly, I see there are a few available for sale on eBay at the moment. I understand that there may be sensitivities in this information being publicly available  - That said, redacted versions of the LUL Duty Books are available via WhatDoTheyKnow - However, if anyone has any Percy Main examples (current or historic), they'd be of particular personal interest to me.

I've encountered VoyagerPlan and CrewPlan in the railway industry, but if anyone has any more details on the above it would be appreciated.

Thanks!
GNE currently use Austrics which is a business within Trapeze - a global company that deals with Transport and produces software solutions.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trapeze_Software