North East Buses

Full Version: Loan Vehicle - SN64 CTU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Been noted on the Busesnortheast Facebook page that GNE have SN64 CTU (noted as 9119 on the same post) on loan from Wright.
Seems like a strange choice to have on loan, I'm surprised Wrightbus still have it
Didn't Go North East already have this on loan
(12 Mar 2021, 7:19 pm)MichealAaron wrote [ -> ]Didn't Go North East already have this on loan

Yeah, it was here prior to the order of the StreetDecks
It was with Brighton and Hove who sold it to Ensign yesterday according to their website. Wonder if GNE have purchased it then.

Here it is on it's previous stay. https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...7996880096

Also worth noting it has the GNE blue interior with the Go seat covers.
Would certainly fit in with the current purchasing of second hand vehicles we saw last weekend.
Wonder if it be allocated to Chester Le Street or Hownsgill. Possibly CLS if they ever go ahead with their Brandon extension to the Angel. It would save them having to heavily refurbish it with tables etc to bring it up to X-Lines standard.
(12 Mar 2021, 8:04 pm)Rapidsnap wrote [ -> ]Wonder if it be allocated to Chester Le Street or Hownsgill. Possibly CLS if they ever go ahead with their Brandon extension to the Angel. It would save them having to heavily refurbish it with tables etc to bring it up to X-Lines standard.

Won't they have a load of tables going spare since the tables on the E400s are getting replaced? (Assuming they don't go back to ADL)
Quite possible the Covid Solo has nabbed at least 4 of these tables.
Maybe it will come to percy main. Should be put on the 42A. Just a thought. Hopefully it's the dream. In fact anything like Cobalt & Coast DFDS Plaxton President ToonLink Scania OmniCity anything on the 42A lol. Its a dream
Could go to washington replacing the omnidekka allocated to the 5/50.
(12 Mar 2021, 8:52 pm)MichealAaron wrote [ -> ]Maybe it will come to percy main. Should be put on the 42A. Just a thought. Hopefully it's the dream. In fact anything like Cobalt & Coast DFDS Plaxton President ToonLink Scania OmniCity anything on the 42A lol. Its a dream
Maybe it should allow the cascade of an older DD to replace an 18yo omnidekka...
Might just be me, but *loan* vehicles don't tend to allow for cascades, or get refurbed for a specific route. 

You'd think, as it's a loan from Wright, it's likely here to cover for work being done to Wright vehicles, so will move between depots as required.
I haven't seen the original post so don't know, but are we sure the word 'loan' isn't being used to refer to the fact it has seen use to a demonstrator in the past?

As mentioned previously, for all it is noted as being 'on loan', Brighton & Hove list the vehicle as being sold to Ensign. To me, if it was still a demonstrator for Wrightbus, it would be owned by Wrightbus, not Ensign. http://history.buses.co.uk/history/curre...elcome.htm
Bustimes.org is saying its out on the 901 today - although not sure if that's right!
(13 Mar 2021, 1:23 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Bustimes.org is saying its out on the 901 today - although not sure if that's right!

Correct. 
IMG_20210313_093502 | Steven Hodgson, John Soutar and Mark McCann | Flickr 

Operating under it's demonstrator fleet number does suggest it may just be a temporary measure for the time being, though really wouldn't be surprised to see things go the same way as the most recent B&H Omnidekkas.
9119 has been on Metro Replacement 901 today - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...ed-public/
It seems to be out of service not, bus maps have it tracking to Washington depot.
(13 Mar 2021, 6:00 pm)Rapidsnap wrote [ -> ]It seems to be out of service not, bus maps have it tracking to Washington depot.

After I got my photo it went along to Gateshead and came back up the felling by pass Not In Service.
(13 Mar 2021, 4:41 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]9119 has been on Metro Replacement 901 today - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...ed-public/

You'd have thought Wright would have tidied it up a bit like. Doesn't scream well looked after. There's another photo kicking about taken yesterday showing where the tree protector has fallen off and they've just slapped two bits of metal over the holes.
I don't think Wright (Bamford Bus) own it anymore. It was sold to Ensign, who then sold it to GNE who have pressed it into service for Metro Replacement with its old fleetnumber. No doubt it will be taken off service for refurbishment and renumbered into the normal numbering series.
(14 Mar 2021, 11:18 am)mb134 wrote [ -> ]You'd have thought Wright would have tidied it up a bit like. Doesn't scream well looked after. There's another photo kicking about taken yesterday showing where the tree protector has fallen off and they've just slapped two bits of metal over the holes.

Why though, it's a 6 year old ex-demo bus in an old body style (that I don't think they ever actually sold on that 'chassis').
I'd imagine, if they do still own it, they aren't too fussed about what it looks like as it's more of a 'courtesy bus' than a demo vehicle these days
(14 Mar 2021, 11:36 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Why though, it's a 6 year old ex-demo bus in an old body style (that I don't think they ever actually sold on that 'chassis').
I'd imagine, if they do still own it, they aren't too fussed about what it looks like as it's more of a 'courtesy bus' than a demo vehicle these days

I'd expect you'd want to give your customers a good impression, no? Certainly if I get a courtesy car I would expect it to be presented reasonably well, not least to reassure me it's been looked after and I'm not driving a death trap around. Granted it's slightly different here, but you'd be wanting Wright to show they at least care about the stuff they're sending you - since they're presumably only sending it to cover for their new vehicles breaking?

(14 Mar 2021, 11:36 am)Rapidsnap wrote [ -> ]I don't think Wright (Bamford Bus) own it anymore. It was sold to Ensign, who then sold it to GNE who have pressed it into service for Metro Replacement with its old fleetnumber. No doubt it will be taken off service for refurbishment and renumbered into the normal numbering series.

Martijn confirmed on the FB post that reported this that it is a Wright float vehicle.
Well apparently it's tracking on the 9 today (which I very much doubt). Unless drivers have the ability to change the fleetnumber in the ticket machine to troll spotters using bus times as with the case of the random appearences of 8347 last week on various routes. Certainly 5336 has been tracking as 5335, whilst 5335 doesn't track at all was another one.
Maybe go north east got it really cheap?
(14 Mar 2021, 11:36 am)Rapidsnap wrote [ -> ]I don't think Wright (Bamford Bus) own it anymore. It was sold to Ensign, who then sold it to GNE who have pressed it into service for Metro Replacement with its old fleetnumber. No doubt it will be taken off service for refurbishment and renumbered into the normal numbering series.

Wrightbus do still own it. Not sure why Brighton & Hove referenced this (or the other one recently on loan to them) as having been sold to Ensign, as both were returned to Wrightbus.

One of Washington's StreetDecks is long-term VOR and the others are having campaign mods completed on a one-for-one basis. Wrightbus have provided it as a courtesy vehicle until they all have the work carried out to them, and they're all back in service.

It had been on loan to Brighton & Hove for a few years, for the same purpose.
(14 Mar 2021, 4:32 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Wrightbus do still own it. Not sure why Brighton & Hove referenced this (or the other one recently on loan to them) as having been sold to Ensign, as both were returned to Wrightbus.

One of Washington's StreetDecks is long-term VOR and the others are having campaign mods completed on a one-for-one basis. Wrightbus have provided it as a courtesy vehicle until they all have the work carried out to them, and they're all back in service.

It had been on loan to Brighton & Hove for a few years, for the same purpose.
Which one is VOR? Is it a major mechanical problem or minor mechanical problem (parts shortage) or accident repair?
(14 Mar 2021, 4:46 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]Which one is VOR? Is it a major mechanical problem or minor mechanical problem (parts shortage) or accident repair?

Looks like it’s 6375 which hasn’t been in service since 5th February.

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk

(14 Mar 2021, 12:45 pm)Rapidsnap wrote [ -> ]Well apparently it's tracking on the 9 today (which I very much doubt). Unless drivers have the ability to change the fleetnumber in the ticket machine to troll spotters using bus times as with the case of the random appearences of 8347 last week on various routes. Certainly 5336 has been tracking as 5335, whilst 5335 doesn't track at all was another one.

It’s also been tracking on the 61.

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
(14 Mar 2021, 11:36 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Why though, it's a 6 year old ex-demo bus in an old body style (that I don't think they ever actually sold on that 'chassis').

First had one or two. Arriva London have one. Go Ahead London had one which went to Mexico but is said to be coming back. 

I think the reason it didn’t sell very well on the older body is because it wasn’t intended to. The new body which came out in 2014 was always the intended body for the all new Streetdeck. The Volvo chassis continued with the older body well into 2015.
(14 Mar 2021, 11:18 am)mb134 wrote [ -> ]You'd have thought Wright would have tidied it up a bit like. Doesn't scream well looked after. There's another photo kicking about taken yesterday showing where the tree protector has fallen off and they've just slapped two bits of metal over the holes.

I'm not too sure. Look at the vehicles stagecoach have from Ensign. So long as operators need the vehicles, and they're not dreadful, nobody is going to say anything. It'd be extra money spent with no redeeming features, especially in a market where short notice PVR increase/high VOR rates can demand 6 wheels on the road at a moments notice.
Pages: 1 2