North East Buses

Full Version: GNE suggested transfers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a suggestion but CLS probably need something new(er) to use as spares for the 21/an allocation for the X22 instead of the now nearly 16/17 YO omnidekkas.

My suggestion is:

Permanently buy 9056-61 from ensign:
These will be repainted to the voyager livery (seeing as it looks like the new livery for spares) aswell as having their seats retrimmed into the red moquette (that would go verry nice with the dark blue dash and red handle bars so no extra refurb needed), these will also be fitted with USBs and if possible NSAs too.

These will then transfer to CLS with 6140-43/46/62 transferring to Consett to oprtate the routes Previously allocated to the Ex Scottish B9s 
At CLS 2 of these will be allocated to the X22 Mon-sat with 1 allocated on a Sunday (this will make the X22 the first route allocated to a northern coaching branded bus however will still be the same X22) the other 4 will be spares for the 21, 25, 34, 2nd preferred spare for the X21 (over the Ex demo B5 not allocated) and indeed any other service at CLS other services too.

In addition these will receive new Fleet numbers

Here are the new Fleet numbers and regs 

It's presented in the format 
Current number-New number-New reg

9056-6174
9057-6175
9058-6176
9059-6177
9060-6178
9061-6179
(27 Apr 2021, 9:10 pm)GNE6312 wrote [ -> ]Just a suggestion but CLS probably need something new(er) to use as spares for the 21/an allocation for the X22 instead of the now nearly 16/17 YO omnidekkas.

My suggestion is:

These will be repainted to the voyager livery (seeing as it looks like the new livery for spares) aswell as having their seats retrimmed into the red moquette (that would go verry nice with the dark blue dash and red handle bars so no extra refurb needed), these will also be fitted with USBs and if possible NSAs too.

These will then transfer to CLS with 6140-43/46/62 transferring to Consett to oprtate the routes Previously allocated to the Ex Scottish B9s 
At CLS 2 of these will be allocated to the X22 Mon-sat with 1 allocated on a Sunday (this will make the X22 the first route allocated to a northern coaching branded bus however will still be the same X22) the other 4 will be spares for the 21, 25, 34, 2nd preferred spare for the X21 (over the Ex demo B5 not allocated) and indeed any other service at CLS other services too.

9056-6174
9057-6175
9058-6176
9059-6177
9060-6178
9061-6179

Fleetnumbers 6174/75 are already earmarked for 9067/68 once refurbished, and of course there already is a 6176, so maybe you need to suggest 6177-82 instead ? 
I think that vehicles are suitable for hire are being painted into Voyager livery rather than it being a spare livery, the Solo has seatbelts, the President and OmniDekka have high-backed seating etc.
Completely forgot, we can make the fleet numbers 6177-82 and repaint them to Corp instead.
Definitely Corp over Voyager!
(27 Apr 2021, 9:10 pm)GNE6312 wrote [ -> ]Just a suggestion but CLS probably need something new(er) to use as spares for the 21/an allocation for the X22 instead of the now nearly 16/17 YO omnidekkas.

My suggestion is:

9056-6174
9057-6175
9058-6176
9059-6177
9060-6178
9061-6179

Just and edit these instead could be repainted to 2019 Corp and be numbered 6177-82
It is a quite inconsistent message from GNE isn’t it? You’re wanting to grow passengers and become a credible alternative to the car but then throwing some single deckers and ancient Omnis on a flagship route.
(28 Apr 2021, 5:56 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]It is a quite inconsistent message from GNE isn’t it? You’re wanting to grow passengers and become a credible alternative to the car but then throwing some single deckers and ancient Omnis on a flagship route.

Single decks are very rare, to be fair.

The allocation of OmniDekkas on the 21 has been more frequent recently and that’s why the loan bus from Wrightbus is now allocated to Chester-le-Street, while works are carried out on the branded StreetDecks.

Non-StreetDeck allocations have also increased in number because 6301-3 transferred to Consett replacing the 4x Red Kite B9 which needed to transfer to East Yorkshire. PVR of the X-lines services was prioritised over additional spare buses for the 21 (there is still a branded StreetDeck spare for the 21).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 11 to me is a funny service, before covid was a thing, the 11 sometimes needed full SD buses,but then other times it was empty or only had a few passengers,its a shame theres no real in between (to my knowledge) of say a solo and an omni, had 6115 on there a few month back and it was bliss,was nice and airy,thats the only reason i dont like the 10 reg solos,because theyre dark and a bit bleek
I'd love to see Go North East take on an order of E200MMC (short or long) to replace the solos at Percy Main. Go North East could put the solos somewhere else and make new services and local connections like some easy links to Areas that need a better bus service. Like places in Cramlington or others
(28 Apr 2021, 7:12 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Single decks are very rare, to be fair.

The allocation of OmniDekkas on the 21 has been more frequent recently and that’s why the loan bus from Wrightbus is now allocated to Chester-le-Street, while works are carried out on the branded StreetDecks.

Non-StreetDeck allocations have also increased in number because 6301-3 transferred to Consett replacing the 4x Red Kite B9 which needed to transfer to East Yorkshire. PVR of the X-lines services was prioritised over additional spare buses for the 21 (there is still a branded StreetDeck spare for the 21).

Is the Angel "main" PVR 15x Dan?

I'd say GNE have done well given the circumstances but I still wish the E400MMC's got put on the X21 rather than B5TL's although I can see the logic behind them for the X84/X85 I suppose.

Still early days but what's going to happen with Consett's interworking patterns once things get more normal?

With 6301-03 and taking into account no bike racks on 6338-40 (unless they get a planned retrofit), this is what I get based on rumoured patterns. X31 extended to Consett and X30 Stanley only. Only X30/X70/X71 would carry bikes.

X5/X15 = 6304-07
X31 = 6338-40 + 1x ADL E400MMC (changeovers at Stanley)
X30/X70/X71 = 8x new ADL E400MMC
X45/X46/X47 = 8x new StreetDeck, 6331-33, 6301-03

That would then leave 2x new ADL E400MMCs covering a PVR of 30x. Obviously I don't know the StreetLite situation but a spare could be sent on quieter X5/X15 and X31 boards to save deckers.
L469YVK Don't forget 6336 as well! That would be 3 spare ADL 400's then. Is the plan for generic liveried streetdeck 6376 to eventually go back to Washington for the X1 or stay at Consett?
(28 Apr 2021, 7:12 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Single decks are very rare, to be fair.

Thanks for the reply Dan. I think the Streetdecks are probably coping better on the route to anything since well...probably the days of the 221 and the MCW Metrodeckers.