North East Buses

Full Version: 5338 Fire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like 5338 will be permanently withdrawn as it caught fire and the damage looks pretty substantial while operating the 6 to Stanley this afternoon. Hopefully everyone got out ok [Image: 905ae6ec3434f898ddad4dd641fcaeb6.jpg]

Photo courtesy of northeast.transportphotos on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/CPduw6zHbwv/...=copy_link

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
Hope nobody was injured or managed to get of in time
Oh dear,hopefully nobody was hurt,that bus will likely be a scrap job given its age,its 15 years old
Top of Whickham Bank too, heat today wouldn't have done the cooling system any favours along with the hill climb.
(29 May 2021, 5:13 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [ -> ]Looks like 5338 will be permanently withdrawn as it caught fire and the damage looks pretty substantial while operating the 6 to Stanley this afternoon. Hopefully everyone got out ok [Image: 905ae6ec3434f898ddad4dd641fcaeb6.jpg]

Photo courtesy of northeast.transportphotos on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/CPduw6zHbwv/...=copy_link

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk

It'll be alright. Just apply a little bit of T-Cut and one of those crayon things and it'll be like new.
Just heard about 5338's fire. It's been withdrawn (obviously). It was a nice Citaro, it's quite sad.  Sad
(30 May 2021, 6:28 pm)transportintyneandwear wrote [ -> ]Just heard about 5338's fire. It's been withdrawn (obviously). It was a nice Citaro, it's quite sad.  Sad

One of the worst buses I've ever driven.
(30 May 2021, 7:14 pm)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]One of the worst buses I've ever driven.
One of the worst ive had to endure when it used be on the Cobalt Clipper
(30 May 2021, 6:28 pm)transportintyneandwear wrote [ -> ]Just heard about 5338's fire. It's been withdrawn (obviously). It was a nice Citaro, it's quite sad.  Sad

Clearly never driven it then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(30 May 2021, 2:35 pm)Clifton Hignett III wrote [ -> ]It'll be alright. Just apply a little bit of T-Cut and one of those crayon things and it'll be like new.

GCT would have had that back out this morning. Poor effort from GNE there.
(30 May 2021, 7:14 pm)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]One of the worst buses I've ever driven.
I drove it when it came back from refurbishment originally. It was canny once you found the kickdown

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
5338 (as of yesterday) appeared to be being stripped for parts at Riverside.
[attachment=9787 wrotereymyster9 pid='257281' dateline='1622544813']5338 (as of yesterday) appeared to be being stripped for parts at Riverside.
On a seperate note, not sure if solo 646's engine just expired or if there was a small fire (it looks slightly charred around the rear framework but maybe just the age)  but it's sitting demic at Hownsgill minus an engine and various panels.
Was told by an engineer a few weeks ago that it requires a new engine. May have belched a large amount of black smoke out the exhaust before it gave up.

As for 5338, don't think they be taking parts off it so quickly until they've investigated the cause of the fire.