North East Buses

Full Version: September Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like the Solo's will go on the 39, which I'm surprised at, as I thought the 39/39A were busy routes, due to 2 double deckers being allocated.
(05 Aug 2021, 9:06 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]You’ve not seen it yet!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you please say if the drifter is getting anything, also wouldn't it of made sense to extend the 62 upto parkside for the extra 5 mins it would add, to get more customers to peterlee?
(05 Aug 2021, 8:33 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]28/28A changes finally mark the end of the illustrious 709/728 legacy. It’s not ideal for those in Pelton Fell but the new housing popping up around there isn’t encouraging public transport use. I’m confused as to why it’s moving out of Eldon Square though? Market Street is the arse end of town. Whitehall Road makes little sense either unless Bentham Bank is causing congestion issues

Not sure I’d be entirely thrilled as 53/54 commuter to be diverted via the Quayside, spending more time in traffic on my game changing bus.

The Whitehall Road diversion of the 28A kind of makes sense if you're a commuter living in Saltwell who is affected by the lengthening of the journey into Newcastle via Gateshead on the 53/54. Not an ideal solution, but at least some punters will still have a quick link into town from that area.
(05 Aug 2021, 9:06 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]You’ve not seen it yet!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know me, I rarely jump to conclusions until its branded, but it's just the pink that has put me off. Woukd of thought it would be 2 tone purple like what's on X9/X10
(05 Aug 2021, 9:06 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Looks like the Solo's will go on the 39, which I'm surprised at, as I thought the 39/39A were busy routes, due to 2 double deckers being allocated.
What solo's?
(05 Aug 2021, 9:09 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Can you please say if the drifter is getting anything, also wouldn't it of made sense to extend the 62 upto parkside for the extra 5 mins it would add, to get more customers to peterlee?

Who would want to go to Peterlee from Parkside unless absolutely necessary?
(05 Aug 2021, 9:09 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Can you please say if the drifter is getting anything, also wouldn't it of made sense to extend the 62 upto parkside for the extra 5 mins it would add, to get more customers to peterlee?

If you check the PDF, its staying as the Drifter.. likely to keep the Streetlites.

Hopefully a refurb too.
(05 Aug 2021, 8:33 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Seems a fairly sensible set of changes. Numbers are never going to return to what they are, COVID has changed how we live and work forever.

The 5 day week is dead so it’s only right the industry adapts.

From a personal point of view.
925 ending not a surprise and was only ever a token gesture that never merited the bus,

28/28A changes finally mark the end of the illustrious 709/728 legacy. It’s not ideal for those in Pelton Fell but the new housing popping up around there isn’t encouraging public transport use. I’m confused as to why it’s moving out of Eldon Square though? Market Street is the arse end of town. Whitehall Road makes little sense either unless Bentham Bank is causing congestion issues

I’d have been tempted to run maybe a few 28s a day to Beamish fast via the A693 which might happen if the B1 doesn’t last. (Tif it’d be quicker than the B1)

Genuinely surprised at the X22 being upgraded and branded, Even pre pandemic I was normally one of a handful of passengers but it must do the business (or metro centre are incentivising)

Not sure I’d be entirely thrilled as 53/54 commuter to be diverted via the Quayside, spending more time in traffic on my game changing bus.

Personally I don't get why they don't just extend the 28 to Stanley. Ending it at Ouston is just a weird place to end it and it would give a direct link from Stanley to Gateshead and Team Valley which is being lost and keep the Beamish and villages in the area a direct link to Gateshead and Newcastle.

Pelton is by far getting the worse service changes out of anywhere. Lost links to Consett, Newcastle, Gateshead and a service decrease on the 8/78 from 15 minutes to every 30 minutes. Feel sorry for people living there.

Could just use the bus wasted on the B1 to run the extension.
(05 Aug 2021, 9:11 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Who would want to go to Peterlee from Parkside unless absolutely necessary?
It would just add more connections for all of 5 more mins, and adding this connection would just give more options aswell as a connection to Dalton park for the X1 & X10.
(05 Aug 2021, 9:11 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]What solo's?

673 - 679 - 7 buses
(05 Aug 2021, 8:33 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]28/28A changes finally mark the end of the illustrious 709/728 legacy. It’s not ideal for those in Pelton Fell but the new housing popping up around there isn’t encouraging public transport use. I’m confused as to why it’s moving out of Eldon Square though? Market Street is the arse end of town. Whitehall Road makes little sense either unless Bentham Bank is causing congestion issues

My guess the move to Market Street for the 28/28A will be to suit the schedule as the buses currently reach Ouston in both directions at the same time so terminating on Market Street will save the few minutes it takes to get to/from Eldon Square Bus Station
(05 Aug 2021, 9:12 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]It would just add more connections for all of 5 more mins

Might as well make it go through Ryhope, Hollycarrside and Ashbrooke, just to add more connections for a few more minutes.
(05 Aug 2021, 9:14 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]673 - 679
So what about the 38 | 38A | 33 | 33A ?

(05 Aug 2021, 9:15 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Might as well make it go through Ryhope, Hollycarrside and Ashbrooke, just to add more connections for a few more minutes.
It would add more connections. And I think it would be pretty simple to do. As a connect to Dalton Park is needed
(05 Aug 2021, 9:16 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]So what about the 38 | 38A | 33 | 33A ?

I could be wrong, just comparing the colours on the 39/39A timetable to the Solo's.

33/38/38A could just use fleet livery solo's.
(05 Aug 2021, 9:18 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I could be wrong, just comparing the colours on the 39/39A timetable to the Solo's.

33/38/38A could just use fleet livery solo's.
Tbh, I think 33, 38 etc need there own branding.
(05 Aug 2021, 9:16 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]So what about the 38 | 38A | 33 | 33A ?

It would add more connections. And I think it would be pretty simple to do. As a connect to Dalton Park is needed

Why is it needed?

Who needs it?
(05 Aug 2021, 9:19 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Why is it needed?
Well to connect to Washington, Middlebrough, Newcastle. You already have the Washington link in Ryhope/silworth with the 2A And its not like the bus route would be going far, far out of its way, they could atleast test it. Also it would be quicker than the 60
There is no mention in the changes, but I’m assuming the X32 is going as well? What with that and the 90 being withdrawn and that’s quite some big cuts to the buses serving Team Valley. They can’t even opt use the X31 at TV North End what with it running via Dunston
(05 Aug 2021, 9:19 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Why is it needed?

Who needs it?
Not to mention it would take an hour to get there, about the only time anyone spends that long on a bus to/from Peterlee are people using the Arriva X21 to attend court appearances in Aycliffe
(05 Aug 2021, 9:20 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Well to connect to Washington, Middlebrough, Newcastle. You already have the Washington link in Ryhope/silworth with the 2A And its not like the bus route would be going far, far  out of its way, they could atleast test it. Also it would be quicker than the 60

Quicker than the 60 to where?