North East Buses

Full Version: September Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01 Sep 2021, 12:33 pm)big mac wrote [ -> ]With the layover, possibly that is the reason, although the layover time is only three minutes. So, if it did stop at St Andrew's Church it would probably just be coming in, picking the passengers up and going straight back out again rather than being parked up at the stop for a long period.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk
My guess is that it won't have enough time in the timetable to go up John Dobson St, around Haymarket and down to Newgate St. I can't remember how long the N21 is given to run from Gateshead to Newcastle but you're talking a good 4/5mins to go around the top which would cut any and all layover time and probably leave the service running late.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
So do we know what vehicles will be used on the 47/47A yet?
(01 Sep 2021, 11:12 am)Rapidsnap wrote [ -> ]65 to be branded as East Durham Explorer

Will be interesting to see how it looks.
(01 Sep 2021, 6:31 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]So do we know what vehicles will be used on the 47/47A yet?
No, if I were to pluck buses out of Consetts allocation it would be 6301-03 & 6338-40. But who knows what fleet movements will take place this weekend.
(01 Sep 2021, 7:27 pm)Stanleyone wrote [ -> ]No, if I were to pluck buses out of Consetts allocation it would be 6301-03 & 6338-40. But who knows what fleet movements will take place this weekend.

I can't imagine them taking from X-Lines, so the older StreetDecks could be a shout. Would mean less of a downgrade for passengers as well
(01 Sep 2021, 7:54 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]I can't imagine them taking from X-Lines, so the older StreetDecks could be a shout. Would mean less of a downgrade for passengers as well
Will they not get the left over G2's from the Coaster, speaking of G2's where are they going. Bar the Durham Diamond
(01 Sep 2021, 8:38 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Will they not get the left over G2's from the Coaster, speaking of G2's where are they going.
Theyre euro 5, exept for 6064. The only other deckers I can think of are permanently buying 9056-9061 from ensign bus and upgrading them to euro 6 and refurbishing them (New Seat cushions, USB ports & NSAs, tbh the new GNE Moquette will go great with the Lothian floor red handles) aswell as a repaint and of course recieving new GNE Fleet numbers (6177-6182 If 9068 isn't kept or if it is 6178-6183), they'd be a good addition as they're reliable & comfortable. Tbh 9056-9061 would be the best bet for an allocation for the 47/47A.
(01 Sep 2021, 9:15 pm)GNE6312 wrote [ -> ]Theyre euro 5, exept for 6064. The only other deckers I can think of are permanently buying 9056-9061 from ensign bus and upgrading them to euro 6 and refurbishing them (New Seat cushions, USB ports & NSAs, tbh the new GNE Moquette will go great with the Lothian floor red handles) aswell as a repaint and of course recieving new GNE Fleet numbers (6177-6182 If 9068 isn't kept or if it is 6178-6183), they'd be a good addition as they're reliable & comfortable. Tbh 9056-9061 would be the best bet for an allocation for the 47/47A.
They are on 6 months loan, so they will be gone by the end of the month.
But there is a PVR of 9 on the 16, so there are 6-7 spares, are they going anywhere. Possible a upgrade to a service. Or the 47/47A. I personally would send the spare to Washington & Deptford. And if they do loose StreetDecks have all 3-4 go to Washington for the X1 Extenstion.
(01 Sep 2021, 7:54 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]I can't imagine them taking from X-Lines, so the older StreetDecks could be a shout. Would mean less of a downgrade for passengers as well

I can personally, there's literally no other route for the rest of the B5LH's to go on other than the X5/X15 where there's Euro 6 buses which easily could be on the 47/47A instead. The fact they've got plans to put a bid in for electric buses on there in a few years time would be enough time for when the B5LH's are expired and are ready for school work, similar with the Coast Road deckers.
(01 Sep 2021, 9:31 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]I can personally, there's literally no other route for the rest of the B5LH's to go on other than the X5/X15 where there's Euro 6 buses which easily could be on the 47/47A instead. The fact they've got plans to put a bid in for electric buses on there in a few years time would be enough time for when the B5LH's are expired and are ready for school work, similar with the Coast Road deckers.
So what is GNE's ebus plans. Personally after the investment Consett has gotten they should stay away from that for atleast 4 years.
(01 Sep 2021, 9:37 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]So what is GNE's ebus plans. Personally after the investment Consett has gotten they should stay away from that for atleast 4 years.

Why? 

Investment should be made on the most profitable routes. If the routes in Consett are making enough money to cover the cost of new vehicles, then they should get them. Those still relatively new buses can then be cascaded onto routes which they otherwise wouldn't be able to justify financially.
(01 Sep 2021, 10:44 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Why? 

Investment should be made on the most profitable routes. If the routes in Consett are making enough money to cover the cost of new vehicles, then they should get them. Those still relatively new buses can then be cascaded onto routes which they otherwise wouldn't be able to justify financially.
And also theres more than Xlines based at consett...
(01 Sep 2021, 10:57 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]And also theres more than Xlines based at consett...

To me, investment should be made on a route by route basis, not on a depot by depot, or area by area basis.
(01 Sep 2021, 10:44 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Why? 

But that doesn't mean they can get a new buses every 3-4 years. X5/X15 isn't even that busy. Tbh I never see the X45/46/47 & X70/71/30/31 particularly busy. There are other routes in other areas which are busy which are running buses which are 9 years old. Not barely 10 month old.
(02 Sep 2021, 7:45 am)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]But that doesn't mean they can get a new buses every 3-4 years. X5/X15 isn't even that busy. Tbh I never see the X45/46/47 & X70/71/30/31 particularly busy. There are other routes in other areas which are busy which are running buses which are 9 years old. Not barely 10 month old.

There is a sort of point here. I don’t think people are suggesting that every route deserves brand new vehicles but if you’re constantly only investing new money into a very small group of services, it’s not encouraging people to use other parts of the network. And if new vehicles help bring in passengers, then adding brand new buses to some of the more modest routes might promote growth. I know all routes benefit from cascades but still brand new vs three years of wear and tear is still a gap. I’m not necessarily saying GNE are guilty of this, a quick scan back to me shows that they have invested in a variety of routes over the past few years. But I sort of agree with the point that the X-Lines network in Consett doesn’t need new vehicles for the next four years, buying new vehicles wouldn’t upgrade the service that much compared to what they have, plus extra cost repainting the current vehicles etc. Seems a waste. I know there’s a funding bid for electric vehicles, which perhaps put a different slant on things - but I do agree on a general note that investing in like for like buses on the same very selective routes every 3 years doesn’t help promote a wider bus network.
(01 Sep 2021, 9:25 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]They are on 6 months loan, so they will be gone by the end of the month.
But there is a PVR of 9 on the 16, so there are 6-7 spares, are they going anywhere. Possible a upgrade to a service. Or the 47/47A. I personally would send the spare to Washington & Deptford. And if they do loose StreetDecks have all 3-4 go to Washington for the X1 Extenstion.
What's to stop them converting the other B5's to euro 6 like 6064. then there will be no problem using them on 47/47A. And am I right in saying the cez for Newcastle has been delayed until next year. Plenty of time to convert the rest of the batch to euro 6.
(02 Sep 2021, 10:06 am)ian foster wrote [ -> ]What's to stop them converting the other B5's to euro 6 like 6064. then there will be no problem using them on 47/47A. And am I right in saying the cez for Newcastle has been delayed until next year. Plenty of time to convert the rest of the batch to euro 6.
Idk how long it would take. 6064 was at EYMS for a while. 6-12 months I think it was there, well that is what it felt like.
(02 Sep 2021, 10:09 am)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Idk how long it would take. 6064 was at EYMS for a while. 6-12 months I think it was there, well that is what it felt like.
Probably a lot less than 6064 as it was experimental and the first one and was also held up by the pandemic.
(02 Sep 2021, 10:15 am)ian foster wrote [ -> ]Probably a lot less than 6064 as it was experimental and the first one and was also held up by the pandemic.
Yeah true.
(01 Sep 2021, 9:15 pm)GNE6312 wrote [ -> ]Theyre euro 5, exept for 6064. The only other deckers I can think of are permanently buying 9056-9061 from ensign bus and upgrading them to euro 6 and refurbishing them (New Seat cushions, USB ports & NSAs, tbh the new GNE Moquette will go great with the Lothian floor red handles) aswell as a repaint and of course recieving new GNE Fleet numbers (6177-6182 If 9068 isn't kept or if it is 6178-6183), they'd be a good addition as they're reliable & comfortable. Tbh 9056-9061 would be the best bet for an allocation for the 47/47A.
9068 is allox 6175