North East Buses

Full Version: SunderlandDistrict Blue 61 Merc Citaros
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I wonder when these final S&D vehicles will be branded up. suprised it was the Blues to be done last.
i also wonder which vehicles it will be, surely its 5323 to 5326 which will eliminate the last GNE 2016 corp livery.
(15 Feb 2022, 7:39 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote [ -> ]I wonder when these final S&D vehicles will be branded up. suprised it was the Blues to be done last.
i also wonder which vehicles it will be, surely its 5323 to 5326 which will eliminate the last GNE 2016 corp livery.

Probably when saltmeadows gets the time to do them after there sorted out the buses for the upcoming clean air zone in Newcastle as that took priority and anything associated with consett and also the ex streetdecks from the x5/x15 into corporate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably be done on completion of the Tyne Valley 10 B9's 6081/6082/6083, X-Lines X5/X15 Streetdecks 6305/6306 and Solo SR's 665/666 which are for S&D Blonde.
(15 Feb 2022, 8:03 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Probably be done on completion of the Tyne Valley 10 B9's 6081/6082/6083, X-Lines X5/X15 Streetdecks 6305/6306 and Solo SR's 665/666 which are for S&D Blonde.

The 38 is only 1 PVR, those 2 should be going to fleet livery.
Potentially waiting for the Nexus changes in Sunderland/Gateshead so then they can ditch half the routes there and withdraw some Citaro's. If they've ditched the 11 and 19 in North Tyneside can't see the likes of the 5/26 surviving they cart around fresh air especially the 26. Ironically 2 routes unbranded.
(15 Feb 2022, 8:14 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]The 38 is only 1 PVR, those 2 should be going to fleet livery.

So it is, pointless brand for a PVR of 1.
(15 Feb 2022, 8:23 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]So it is, pointless brand for a PVR of 1.

Ye, it is.

(15 Feb 2022, 8:19 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Potentially waiting for the Nexus changes in Sunderland/Gateshead so then they can ditch half the routes there and withdraw some Citaro's. If they've ditched the 11 and 19 in North Tyneside can't see the likes of the 5/26 surviving they cart around fresh air especially the 26. Ironically 2 routes unbranded.

Sure it was May, when the NEXUS contracts need to be re-newed, expecting to see passenger consultions on the NEXUS site soon for those areas.

I think:

8X/73/135/136 will all be withdrawn....... the 35A extension to Heworth could also be a risk

All speculation until May though
(15 Feb 2022, 8:19 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Potentially waiting for the Nexus changes in Sunderland/Gateshead so then they can ditch half the routes there and withdraw some Citaro's. If they've ditched the 11 and 19 in North Tyneside can't see the likes of the 5/26 surviving they cart around fresh air especially the 26. Ironically 2 routes unbranded.
i think the Jarrow to Fellgate section is already secured by Nexus on the 5.
(15 Feb 2022, 8:27 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Ye, it is.

Sure it was May, when the NEXUS contracts need to be re-newed, expecting to see passenger consultions on the NEXUS site soon for those areas.

I think:

8X/73/135/136 will all be withdrawn....... the 35A extension to Heworth could also be a risk

All speculation until May though

Yeah I think it is May for Sunderland.

Honestly I think the 5, 9, 20 (Evenings, SS - Sunderland), 26, 35/35A (parts of it like you said), 38, 39/39A and X6 could be all at massive risk in Sunderland/SS. I know they're all subsidised one way or another especially on Sundays or have been dying for ages in the X6.

Also think the 28/28A, 29, 67 and 69 are at massive risk in Gateshead and the Washington locals aswell.

None of them are exactly ever busy and the 11 always seemed more popular than most of them and that's rumoured to be going.

(15 Feb 2022, 8:32 pm)Mark1 wrote [ -> ]i think the Jarrow to Fellgate section is already secured by Nexus on the 5.

Aye I think it is, believe part of the 9 and 26 are too.
I couldnt belive the 28 a and b 'went secured... especially on evenings and sundays. 29' was a secure service { see stagecoach thread as it was 5 years ago}

In all fairness the 19 could easily be merged into the Arriva 57/57A providing a clockwise/anti clockwise circular service from Earsden onwards would be a massive benefits to those in this area as I do feel the Arriva Services mentioned alongside the 53/54 combined frequencies have a damaging impact on the 19 beyond Northumberland Park.

As for the Go North East you could extend Stagecoach South Shields 10/11 from North Shields through to Whitley Bay or alternatively split the 22's and them run every 20 mins to Cobalt and same to North Shields/Whitley Bay.

Furthermore in North Tyneside i'd merge Stagecoach 40 with the Go North East 40 from Wallsend to Hadrian Park.

I haven't had a look at South Tyneside but I am sure it would be more beneficial to have the 5/26 to pass over to Stagecoach South Shields in terms of operation from Go North East. 

Far to much duplication of services from what I have looked at in which makes it easy to see why some of these services are no longer viable to operate as has proven to be the case elsewhere such as Oxford who recently eliminated competition on various corridors.
(15 Feb 2022, 8:03 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Probably be done on completion of the Tyne Valley 10 B9's 6081/6082/6083, X-Lines X5/X15 Streetdecks 6305/6306 and Solo SR's 665/666 which are for S&D Blonde.

I’m sure that the Tyne valley ten buses are painted elsewhere and then delivered back all painted etc to saltmeadows to be branded up

(15 Feb 2022, 8:36 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Yeah I think it is May for Sunderland.

Honestly I think the 5, 9, 20 (Evenings, SS - Sunderland), 26, 35/35A (parts of it like you said), 38, 39/39A and X6 could be all at massive risk in Sunderland/SS. I know they're all subsidised one way or another especially on Sundays or have been dying for ages in the X6.

Also think the 28/28A, 29, 67 and 69 are at massive risk in Gateshead and the Washington locals aswell.

None of them are exactly ever busy and the 11 always seemed more popular than most of them and that's rumoured to be going.

Tbh the 26 is quite busy, well whenever I have seen it. the X6 seems to be busy a lot of the time. 5&9 do get busy, but that much but they do.
(15 Feb 2022, 9:04 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]In all fairness the 19 could easily be merged into the Arriva 57/57A providing a clockwise/anti clockwise circular service from Earsden onwards would be a massive benefits to those in this area as I do feel the Arriva Services mentioned alongside the 53/54 combined frequencies have a damaging impact on the 19 beyond Northumberland Park.

As for the Go North East you could extend Stagecoach South Shields 10/11 from North Shields through to Whitley Bay or alternatively split the 22's and them run every 20 mins to Cobalt and same to North Shields/Whitley Bay.

Furthermore in North Tyneside i'd merge Stagecoach 40 with the Go North East 40 from Wallsend to Hadrian Park.

I haven't had a look at South Tyneside but I am sure it would be more beneficial to have the 5/26 to pass over to Stagecoach South Shields in terms of operation from Go North East. 

Far to much duplication of services from what I have looked at in which makes it easy to see why some of these services are no longer viable to operate as has proven to be the case elsewhere such as Oxford who recently eliminated competition on various corridors.

Honestly, I know this isn't really the right thread but as someone living on the 57/57A. I'd ditch the 57 outright and merge the 11 and 57A together as a Cramlington - North Shields Ferry via Seghill bus route. No-one down here wants to go anywhere near Ashington and it's not much longer to catch the X7 to Blyth and change onto the 1/2 depending on where your going.

Would open loads of links to the hospitals and reopen the connection to North Tyneside hospital and open cross town links to Monkseaton to Morrisons and the hospital aswell partially replacing the W3.

For Ashington just send the 52 or 53 or something else up there instead and for the other half of the 11 merge it with it with something else ie the 41/42. Then the 19 I'd do the new route that's coming but extend it to East Hartford to replace the useless 58.
(15 Feb 2022, 9:04 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]In all fairness the 19 could easily be merged into the Arriva 57/57A providing a clockwise/anti clockwise circular service from Earsden onwards would be a massive benefits to those in this area as I do feel the Arriva Services mentioned alongside the 53/54 combined frequencies have a damaging impact on the 19 beyond Northumberland Park.

You mean the 41,the GNE 40 went in March 2020
(15 Feb 2022, 9:32 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]You mean the 41,the GNE 40 went in March 2020
Yeah, sorry tiredness definitely kicking in after a long day at work
(15 Feb 2022, 9:20 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Honestly, I know this isn't really the right thread but as someone living on the 57/57A. I'd ditch the 57 outright and merge the 11 and 57A together as a Cramlington - North Shields Ferry via Seghill bus route. No-one down here wants to go anywhere near Ashington and it's not much longer to catch the X7 to Blyth and change onto the 1/2 depending on where your going.

Would open loads of links to the hospitals and reopen the connection to North Tyneside hospital and open cross town links to Monkseaton to Morrisons and the hospital aswell partially replacing the W3.

For Ashington just send the 52 or 53 or something else up there instead and for the other half of the 11 merge it with it with something else ie the 41/42. Then the 19 I'd do the new route that's coming but extend it to East Hartford to replace the useless 58.
Ii had a crazy suggestion to myself the other day,,keep the 41/41A and have them as circulars 
41-Hadrian Park,Battle Hill,Wallsend,Holy Cross,Edward Road,Ridley Avenue,Wallsend Road,The Quadrant,Lansdown Terrace West,Hawkeys Lane,Nile Street,,North Shields Ferry,Dock Road,Prince Consort Way,Royal Quays,Percy Main,East Howdon,Willington Quay,Howdon Lane,Tynemouth Road,High Street East,Wallsend Metro
41A-opposite to above
Both hourly,atleast that way there would be some service
Thats me trying to merge parts of the current 41 aswell as the 11 and 19
310,extended to Whitley Bay via current 11 after North Shields hourly (possibly)
Honestly not against the loop idea actually. I'd probably do this though:

15 - Replacement 42 bus service (Hourly)

16 - Wallsend -> Hadrian Park additionally serving Wiltshire Drive via 41 route, 335 route to North Shields additionally serving Murton, 11 route back to Howdon (Every 30 Mins)
17 - Reverse of above (Every 30 Mins)

18 - Byker to Benton (Every 30 Mins)

19 - North Shields to Cramlington via new tender route (Hourly)
19A - North Shields to Killingworth via current route to Northumberland Park, current 335 route to Quorum (Hourly) extended to Killingworth via K1/K2 route.

57 - Cramlington to North Shields Ferry via Seghill to Whitley Bay then 11 route to North Shields (Every 30 Mins)

W3, 333, 335, 59, 59A, K1, K2 withdrawn.

At 70%-80% of previous passenger numbers I'd wager any hourly service is under threat.  The 69 in its current form is a survivor from the days of direct, round the world links.  Looks quiet during the day, but used to get quite busy at school times when I used to use it.  The 67 is a funny one.  They've tried a few times over the years since the days of the 527 to pull the route, there's always an outcry for the loss of the QE/Deckham link and it gets rejigged.

The Little Pinks always seem fairly busy during the day. I was suprised by the Sep 21 changes because the harraton ones always seemed emptyish and the birtley ones felt fuller.
(16 Feb 2022, 12:24 pm)Chris 1 wrote [ -> ]At 70%-80% of previous passenger numbers I'd wager any hourly service is under threat.  The 69 in its current form is a survivor from the days of direct, round the world links.  Looks quiet during the day, but used to get quite busy at school times when I used to use it.  The 67 is a funny one.  They've tried a few times over the years since the days of the 527 to pull the route, there's always an outcry for the loss of the QE/Deckham link and it gets rejigged.

Aye totally agreed, ngl I just listed all the buses which are subsidised there tbh. Hope I'm wrong though mind be awful having so many buses paid by tax payers.

(16 Feb 2022, 4:43 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]The Little Pinks always seem fairly busy during the day. I was suprised by the Sep 21 changes because the harraton ones always seemed emptyish and the birtley ones felt fuller.

I'm not sure like, like looking at Bustimes and ignoring the caveats of it using the tracking there's only 32 people across the whole Little Pinks network atm and it's rush hour.

Just to put it into balance there's 71 people across the 11 and 19 only atm and they're 'rumoured' to be done.

Neither of them are really good though, the 11/19 being 8 or so per bus but the Washington ones are 3 per bus (which is exceptionally poor).
Need we turn every thread into service suggestions? This thread is about the SunderlandDistrict Blue Mercs (or lack thereof)
(16 Feb 2022, 5:45 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Need we turn every thread into service suggestions? This thread is about the SunderlandDistrict Blue Mercs (or lack thereof)
I agree. Please stick to the subject.
With the Q3 reduction, if they have lost a PVR of 3. 

Get those 3 on the 684 (possibly brand it) as they are euro 6, and have 5377-79 taken to Deptford for the 61, and have them a interior refurbishment with the Drifters. 
Instead of using unreliable Citaros.

Or get the Spare Eclipses from Riverside for it
(28 Mar 2022, 8:19 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]With the Q3 reduction, if they have lost a PVR of 3. 

Get those 3 on the 684 (possibly brand it) as they are euro 6, and have 5377-79 taken to Deptford for the 61, and have them a interior refurbishment with the Drifters. 

The PVR on service Q3 has reduced by 1. Re-routing the Q3 via Jesmond to replace service 33 added a bus back in. The Q3 now just has a dedicated spare bus which is branded.

(28 Mar 2022, 8:53 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]The PVR on service Q3 has reduced by 1. Re-routing the Q3 via Jesmond to replace service 33 added a bus back in. The Q3 now just has a dedicated spare bus which is branded.

Oh, thanks.
(28 Mar 2022, 8:19 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]With the Q3 reduction, if they have lost a PVR of 3. 

I'd definitely support Versas returning to the 61 (as much as I really like the Mercs). Just hope we don't get Rattlelites.

Btw, I'm pretty sure the 61 has a PVR of 4, where's the other Versa coming from in your proposal? Wink
(28 Mar 2022, 9:21 pm)F114TML wrote [ -> ]I'd definitely support Versas returning to the 61 (as much as I really like the Mercs). Just hope we don't get Rattlelites.

Btw, I'm pretty sure the 61 has a PVR of 4, where's the other Versa coming from in your proposal? Wink
They could take 5389. 

THe reason i was thinking this is because why hasn’t the Blue's been painted. Tbh I never really see the 61 full,even on Bus times when a check, possible they could allocate solo's on it, referb them and put it has every 15 mins, more frequency. 

There hast to be a reason they haven't done it yet.
(28 Mar 2022, 9:50 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]They could take 5389. 

THe reason i was thinking this is because why hasn’t the Blue's been painted. Tbh I never really see the 61 full,even on Bus times when a check, possible they could allocate solo's on it, referb them and put it has every 15 mins, more frequency. 

There hast to be a reason they haven't done it yet.
Yeah, the 61's rarely full, but it's also rarely empty. There's some runs, however, where I think it could actually do with a double decker! Apparently the Blues haven't been repainted because Saltmeadows is too busy. I think Solos would be too small personally. If they weren't StreetLites, I'd say the ex-Saltwell Parks would be pretty ideal (used to be Cadets until about 9 years ago).

And returning it to a 15 minute frequency would be convenient but I'm not sure they can really justify it.
(28 Mar 2022, 10:24 pm)F114TML wrote [ -> ]Yeah, the 61's rarely full, but it's also rarely empty. There's some runs, however, where I think it could actually do with a double decker! Apparently the Blues haven't been repainted because Saltmeadows is too busy. I think Solos would be too small personally. If they weren't StreetLites, I'd say the ex-Saltwell Parks would be pretty ideal (used to be Cadets until about 9 years ago).

And returning it to a 15 minute frequency would be convenient but I'm not sure they can really justify it.

I'm not sure they could operate it, given the chronic driver shortages I'd have thought decreasing capacity and increasing frequency of a route would be just about the least appealing idea around.
Pages: 1 2