North East Buses

Full Version: Movement of 8339-8346 to Percy Main
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
In Dan's recent Flickr post https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrah...9993516198 he mentioned about 8339-8346 which he says the majority are excepted to move to Percy Main for the 19/41 services. 
So I wonder what will take over the 9&5 routes. Maybe solo's or vera's.

And if all streetlites aren't going to Percy Main, where will the ones which don't go to Percy Main be allocated.

Also as the 9&5 interwork with 60 on a evening, which can get busy so will these still interwork with the 60, if allocated a solo
Be the end of the Little Coasters branding.
Probably find some more citaros to go on the 9 and 5 there will be some somewhere for it
Might it not be the spare Prince Bishops if it doesn't go back to every 12 minutes?
(01 Mar 2022, 6:06 am)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]Might it not be the spare Prince Bishops if it doesn't go back to every 12 minutes?
Is there enough? Isn't the PVR 8 or 9?
(01 Mar 2022, 8:41 am)Omega54 wrote [ -> ]Is there enough? Isn't the PVR 8 or 9?

If the 20 stays at its current frequency 5422-5434 could stay Prince Bishops (PVR 13), 5435-5441 could go on the Drifter (PVR 7) leaving 5369-5376 for the 5/9 (PVR 8)
(01 Mar 2022, 8:41 am)Omega54 wrote [ -> ]Is there enough? Isn't the PVR 8 or 9?

Mixed allocations of the short Streetlites and the spare Bishops?
(01 Mar 2022, 2:54 pm)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]Mixed allocations of the short Streetlites and the spare Bishops?
I was thinking maybe the old drifter versa's, 8301-8308. 

But I don't know if the "Temporary Timetable" has been taken off the seperate times tables, as on the East Durham bus times & fares leaflet doesn't say Temp timetable.
(28 Feb 2022, 12:11 pm)Rapidsnap wrote [ -> ]Be the end of the Little Coasters branding.
Rebrand to 'not as little,but not as big as the coasters' coasters
(01 Mar 2022, 7:20 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]Rebrand to 'not as little,but not as big as the coasters' coasters
I do wonder if they'll be branded.
(01 Mar 2022, 7:39 pm)Omega54 wrote [ -> ]I do wonder if they'll be branded.
I think the lack of growth on services that have had repaints or rebrands in the recent past, would suggest that a lick of paint and a rebrand isn't likely to succeed going forward.

Not sure I was ever convinced branding worked prior to the pandemic. Even less convinced now.
(01 Mar 2022, 9:14 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]I think the lack of growth on services that have had repaints or rebrands in the recent past, would suggest that a lick of paint and a rebrand isn't likely to succeed going forward.

Not sure I was ever convinced branding worked prior to the pandemic. Even less convinced now.

You’ve never mentioned this before, mind, Andreos?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(01 Mar 2022, 7:39 pm)Omega54 wrote [ -> ]I do wonder if they'll be branded.
Why bother wasting the paint, they have only been repainted into corp livery (after being saltwell parks) so would be a total waste of time, effort and money to repaint them again, no need at all to rebrand
(01 Mar 2022, 9:23 pm)N1cholas wrote [ -> ]Why bother wasting the paint, they have only been repainted into corp livery (after being saltwell parks) so would be a total waste of time, effort and money to repaint them again, no need at all to rebrand
U don't understand how bad that statement is

So many buses have been corp then branded 

3941/42 are two examples
(01 Mar 2022, 9:28 pm)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]U don't understand how bad that statement is

So many buses have been corp then branded 

3941/42 are two examples

3941 and 3942 had not been painted for years and were actually in terrible condition externally - they were in 2016 fleet livery with a small piece of vinyl added to ‘adapt’ them into 2019 fleet livery.

(01 Mar 2022, 9:23 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]You’ve never mentioned this before, mind, Andreos?!

I applaud Andreos dedication to the old ‘all fur coat, no knickers’ approach that is GNE branding
(01 Mar 2022, 9:30 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]3941 and 3942 had not been painted for years and were actually in terrible condition externally - they were in 2016 fleet livery with a small piece of vinyl added to ‘adapt’ them into 2019 fleet livery.

So what buses have went from 2019 corp to branding
(01 Mar 2022, 9:48 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]I applaud Andreos dedication to the old ‘all fur coat, no knickers’ approach that is GNE branding
Glad someone does!
(01 Mar 2022, 9:23 pm)N1cholas wrote [ -> ]Why bother wasting the paint, they have only been repainted into corp livery (after being saltwell parks) so would be a total waste of time, effort and money to repaint them again, no need at all to rebrand
Probably not due to the fact the little coaster network is about to be decimated by the service cuts. Most of the routes are to become secured services.

Tbf there's only the 41/41A left. Seems a total waste of time to me. The 19 should never have been part of the Little Coaster network it only joined after they butchered the network last time round and had spare buses.
Pages: 1 2 3 4