North East Buses

Full Version: Go North east ticket prices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know the prices of a single ticket is astronomical but does anywhere have a link to the cost of singles on GNE buses?  I've been traveling alot recently by bus and quite a few customers seem to be paying £1.80 for single tickets and staying on the bus for ages?

Cheers in advance
https://bustimes.org/fares/datasets/1308

You'd need to search for adult single, route and the direction of travel you need.

Middle Rainton to The Grange in Fulwell for £1.80 is some good value!
(13 May 2022, 1:28 pm)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]I know the prices of a single ticket is astronomical but does anywhere have a link to the cost of singles on GNE buses?  I've been traveling alot recently by bus and quite a few customers seem to be paying £1.80 for single tickets and staying on the bus for ages?

Cheers in advance

The whole of North Tyneside (including travelling to/from Newcastle) has a flat fare of £1.80.

So Whitley bay to Newcastle, or North Shields to Cramlington are £1.80 for example.
(13 May 2022, 2:00 pm)Milk Thomas12 wrote [ -> ]The whole of North Tyneside (including travelling to/from Newcastle) has a flat fare of £1.80.

So Whitley bay to Newcastle, or North Shields to Cramlington are £1.80 for example.

Bloody hell!
It’s costs me £2.40 for a ten minute ride from Teams Street (Dunston) across the bridge into town.
Think there was some discussion on here a while ago about the new fare zones - North Tyneside being a bargain, but the river being the boundary so you paid for the privilege of crossing it.

I notice there's a new 'duo' ticket now offered as well.
(13 May 2022, 2:25 pm)Chris 1 wrote [ -> ]Think there was some discussion on here a while ago about the new fare zones - North Tyneside being a bargain, but the river being the boundary so you paid for the privilege of crossing it.

I happily take the bus when heading to the office a day or two a week but when there’s two of us heading into town for dinner or whatever it’s cheaper parking the car than getting two return bus tickets.
(13 May 2022, 1:30 pm)omnicity4659 wrote [ -> ]https://bustimes.org/fares/datasets/1308

You'd need to search for adult single, route and the direction of travel you need.

cheers for that.  According to those fares its still £2.30 from gatehsead to kibblesworth on the 29.... yet like i say every seems to be getting a £1.80 ticket. On the 28b last night a lad got on at durham road dominoes pizza and was still on the bus in birtly but only paid £1.80. ??
(13 May 2022, 2:59 pm)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]cheers for that.  According to those fares its still £2.30 from gatehsead to kibblesworth on the 29.... yet like i say every seems to be getting a £1.80 ticket. On the 28b last night a lad got on at durham road dominoes pizza and was still on the bus in birtly but only paid £1.80. ??

Must be wrong as it’s £1.80 from Kibblesworth or Birtley to Gateshead.
(13 May 2022, 3:11 pm)Thomas12 wrote [ -> ]Must be wrong as it’s £1.80 from Kibblesworth or Birtley to Gateshead.

cheers, that makes sense then. cheers
(13 May 2022, 3:13 pm)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]cheers, that makes sense then. cheers

Just had a look on bustimes and noticed there’s loads of different datasets with different fares on - quite confusing
Never quite understood how the cost of single fares were worked out but the £1.80 single seems to cover most trips now. For example, Sunderland to South Hetton on the 55 £1.80 and I believe you can do Sunderland to Peterlee on the 62 for £1.80 as well. There is still the evening offer as well I believe but as I don't work lates, I'm not 100%. The new duo ticket or whatever they call it is app only
(13 May 2022, 1:30 pm)omnicity4659 wrote [ -> ]https://bustimes.org/fares/datasets/1308

Just a little tip rather than searching through that you can get a nice fare table by adding /fares to the end of the URL of any timetable. Should work for all the big 3.

https://bustimes.org/services/29-kibbles...ntre/fares- That's the 29 for example.
(13 May 2022, 2:25 pm)Chris 1 wrote [ -> ]Think there was some discussion on here a while ago about the new fare zones - North Tyneside being a bargain, but the river being the boundary so you paid for the privilege of crossing it.

Perhaps the £1.80 flat "bargain" fare across North Tyneside was the reason why Go North East had to cull lots of North Tyneside services in March.
Cheaper fares need a lot more passengers just to keep the previous revenue.