North East Buses

Full Version: 6086 - New Pride Bus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: d4623e23b0815da6caa692f5abe285f7.jpg]

6086 has been repainted into the new Pride livery and is parked at Riverside. I was sent this photo. Guess this is here for the open day on Sunday rather than going back to Deptford.

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro using Tapatalk
(13 May 2022, 5:01 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [ -> ][Image: d4623e23b0815da6caa692f5abe285f7.jpg]

6086 has been repainted into the new Pride livery and is parked at Riverside. I was sent this photo. Guess this is here for the open day on Sunday rather than going back to Deptford.

I guess a new poppy bus is in order.

Maybe 5369 or 5376, as something needs to be done with the Drifter might aswell re-paint one of them to go on the 9/5 on the daily. Or Do a fully repaint of the fleet and one as a Corporate Spare.
It's a bit erm dull for a 'colourful bus'. The green is something I'd expect from a 1960's kitchen. Grim colour. It's up there with one of the worst pride liveries around. Prefer the basic rainbow on Arriva's and Stagecoach's (Manchester) personally.

(13 May 2022, 5:12 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]I guess a new poppy bus is in order.

Maybe 5369 or 5376, as something needs to be done with the Drifter might aswell re-paint one of them to go on the 9/5 on the daily. Or Do a fully repaint of the fleet and one as a Corporate Spare.

In November maybe, it makes no sense now.
Is the route map on the side? - X-lines?
(13 May 2022, 5:37 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Is the route map on the side? - X-lines?

Sunderland network? Looks like Chester Road to the left. Durham Road to the South East with the 35 creating the triangle.
(13 May 2022, 5:43 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Sunderland network? Looks like Chester Road to the left. Durham Road to the South East with the 35 creating the triangle.

It could be, I can't see the writing, even with my glasses on haha
(13 May 2022, 5:19 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]It's a bit erm dull for a 'colourful bus'. The green is something I'd expect from a 1960's kitchen. Grim colour. It's up there with one of the worst pride liveries around. Prefer the basic rainbow on Arriva's and Stagecoach's (Manchester) personally.

In November maybe, it makes no sense now.
I was thinking it aswell, it is quite lack luster - maybe another one will be done

Yes November, Personally I would put it on a route in Durham. Maybe the X20 or 65. 65 would be good cos of Tommy that statue they have aswell as Durham Cathedral
(13 May 2022, 5:01 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [ -> ][Image: d4623e23b0815da6caa692f5abe285f7.jpg]

Looks smart but I can't help thinking the livery looks like an ice cream van.
The big question is....does it have USB's or those awful plug sockets
Yeah, that's a bit naff.

The cynic in me is thinking "temporary"/"advert wrap"/"only doing this because someone paid us to" because why have they put the date on - are they really going to change that every year? Also, like the Durham2025 livery it's just another pallette swap of the corporate livery (I have no issue with companies adapting their corporate liveries to make pride liveries, I've seen quite a few that are very effective - this isn't one of them) with a few sponsor's logos on - it doesn't feel like they really care about the message being sent out (unlike 5292, or even 8335, neither of which had any sponsor logos on or referenced specific events).
The network map appears to be cut off on the bottom - note how there's no lines across showing the 2/A to Silksworth and the 39 to Doxford, and either the 33 or 38 don't appear to be represented at all, which may have confused a couple people.
So it has the 11th date on the side. What's gonna happen after Sunderland pride. They gonna debrand it or take the 11th of June part off
I can't work out what it's meant to be promoting more, Pride or themselves?!
What about Durham, Newcastle, Northumberland Prides?? There's more than Sunderland
(14 May 2022, 2:43 pm)DRS37419 wrote [ -> ]What about Durham, Newcastle, Northumberland Prides?? There's more than Sunderland
Apparently each depot is getting a "special bus" 

Hexham
Riverside - ONE GNE. 
Percy Main - Could be the tynemouth one
Deptford - Pride 
Chester-Le-Street - Flexibility 
Consett - Durham 2025

There is still a Poppy Bus needs to be done.
Worst repaint of the lot so far, and that saying something. Will look lovely in the rain tomorrow I'm sure..
(NEW PHOTO OF 6086) https://www.flickr.com/photos/182309254@...Mv-2kFrdF7

If there is any Deptford changes, they will also need to update the decals

It has every single deptford service, however the 60 only goes to Seaham.

But that isn't really a pride bus is it.
(14 May 2022, 2:47 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Apparently each depot is getting a "special bus" 

Hexham
Riverside - ONE GNE. 
Percy Main - Could be the tynemouth one
Deptford - Pride 
Chester-Le-Street - Flexibility 
Consett - Durham 2025

There is still a Poppy Bus needs to be done.
Ahhh! Makes more sense!

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk
(14 May 2022, 2:54 pm)DRS37419 wrote [ -> ]Ahhh! Makes more sense!

I think Poppy Bus should be the dedicated Spare to the 65, as that goes through Seaham were Tommy is, and Durham where the catherdal is.

Tbh I don't even think the Tynemouth one really counts but idk
Doesn't exist no more as 6086 is now Sunderland Pride but I do see where you are coming from with that!

(14 May 2022, 2:58 pm)DRS37419 wrote [ -> ]Doesn't exist no more as 6086 is now Sunderland Pride but I do see where you are coming from with that!

There is a bus at deptford which needs to be de-branded, infact there are about 4
Pages: 1 2 3